Change needed in Forum rules

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Change needed in Forum rules

Post by BunkerBlaster »

The problem is every time there is mention of a cheat in forums there is a increase of cheaters that show up in multiplayer games. knowledge of the cheat name and that the cheat actually works is obtained from the last place you would think of, the game forum itself. One form of control is not to help advertise them. This game (or any other simular game) will never be 100% cheat free as that would be impossible.

I suggest the administrators make a sticky about multiplayer cheats and how to deal with them much like they have already said many times. So when somebody inquires about multiplayer cheating the stickied post should pretty much sum up the reply. Then in addition I would like to see cheat names removed from any posts or thread names. Also add to the forum rules not to mention any cheats that can be used in multiplayer games (this includes lan).

Keep in mind I know how to detect and block cheaters, I'm thinking of those that do not. And also thinking about those that stop playing because of this (as I did for a while).
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Re: Change needed in Forum rules

Post by Ezio »

+1 but if we tell them how to block it they will come up with another new way to "safely" cheat
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Ezio wrote:+1 but if we tell them how to block it they will come up with another new way to "safely" cheat
When I said "block it" I meant by using my firewall. There is no way to safely cheat after I block a player. I am simply asking for a change in policy not to allow the naming of cheats because I think its very counter productive.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

BunkerBlaster wrote: When I said "block it" I meant by using my firewall. There is no way to safely cheat after I block a player. I am simply asking for a change in policy not to allow the naming of cheats because I think its very counter productive.
I know :) you've mentioned it somewhere before, but blocking ip with firewall is not something that everyone can do, like you said
BunkerBlaster wrote: I'm thinking of those that do not
Probably we can use something like local ban user, if username or ip match he won't see my hosted game vice versa. since it's local so player can add people to the list by himself. like squelch

but problems in my hypothesis are
  • Heavy network?,probably if player had lot of banned users in his list
  • Each user had different ban list, example A and B are "worldwide known cheater" :lol2:, but C do not know about it since he is joined couple minutes ago and played with A and B. If we're making banned user list then we're back at the beginning of how do we know they are cheating.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Ezio wrote:Probably we can use something like local ban user, if username or ip match he won't see my hosted game vice versa. since it's local so player can add people to the list by himself. like squelch
Yes excellent idea. To be able to block by username, mandatory name registration would be required or it wouldn't work. And I would think the ban list would have to stay local to the Host because of the last sentence in you hypothesis.
Ezio wrote:Heavy network?,probably if player had lot of banned users in his list
Since this is viewing the specific lobby game and not a connection to the host I don't see the problem. I would imagine the banned list would only have to use the IP at the current time the banned username is seen. There would be no need for it to keep track of previous IP's used. So I cannot see it being that many rules. If it is an issue, allow rules are much better (based on the current banned at the moment IP's).

So that leaves us with 3 problems.

1) How to sell everyone on name registration, I think its been rejected in the past.
2) How to get everyone to register. Some will choose not to register, mainly new users.
3) How to make this friendly to new players that do not host. Hosts will add new players without rank to their filters leaving them out of games.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

1) How to sell everyone on name registration, I think its been rejected in the past.
2) How to get everyone to register. Some will choose not to register, mainly new users.
New Multiplayer Lobby
3) How to make this friendly to new players that do not host. Hosts will add new players without rank to their filters leaving them out of games.
I've research it (i think :P). most high ranked players never kick low rank players but low ranked players or newbie do kick high ranked players.
one of reason should be:
I've played two or three times with "A" and he's pretty good himself(or cheating?) whenever he won he always shout NOOB! or LEARN MORE! and when we beat him or his allies he shout CHEATERS or just pressing Esc - Quit and ruin both game and my mood :annoyed:
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

You posted a old thread.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

my bad, i though it was updated :lol2: