Team-colored Ally Research Hearts in GUI

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Team-colored Ally Research Hearts in GUI

Post by Terminator »

Cyp - I love you :D :D
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've planned this changeset for Saint Valentine's day
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Even though I don't play online, this is pretty cool.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

:) :) ;) thnx
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
fireball75
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fireball75 »

That would help out alot. Thanks for coming up with that awesome idea :)
Video Game Ruined my Life Good Thing I have 2 Extra Lives ♥♥
zoid
Trained
Trained

Post by zoid »

NoQ wrote:P.S. Maybe the tooltip below the heart can be extended to show the progress of the ally's research?
Did everyone skip over this? This is a great idea too! :D I've always hated asking my allies, "How long till Ripples (or whatever it is) are done?"

Great thinking, j0shdrunk0nwar and NoQ. I sure hope your ideas are implemented -- soon. :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

zoid: i guess they already are, and even better than we all expected, see above (:
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

zoid wrote:
NoQ wrote:P.S. Maybe the tooltip below the heart can be extended to show the progress of the ally's research?
Did everyone skip over this? This is a great idea too! :D I've always hated asking my allies, "How long till Ripples (or whatever it is) are done?"

Great thinking, j0shdrunk0nwar and NoQ. I sure hope your ideas are implemented -- soon. :)
Well, ok, since you want it soon, I'll travel back in time and make sure it's implemented in time for the master_20110320 releases.
zoid
Trained
Trained

Post by zoid »

Cyp wrote:Well, ok, since you want it soon, I'll travel back in time and make sure it's implemented in time for the master_20110320 releases.
Oops. :oops:
Good job, Cyp. :)
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Post by BunkerBlaster »

I hate to be the scrooge here but I don't like the colored hearts. The colors are hard to see because the hearts are small and I often find myself clicking on something that is already being researched.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

BunkerBlaster wrote:I hate to be the scrooge here but I don't like the colored hearts. The colors are hard to see because the hearts are small and I often find myself clicking on something that is already being researched.
mhmm, I don´t have any problems to see it on the screenshots but I have to admit that I have a great monitor.
Personally I love the change and I am looking forwards to 2.3.8 to see it in action.

btw: What happens if two allies are researching the same technology like BunkerBlaster brought up?
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Asgorath wrote:
BunkerBlaster wrote:I hate to be the scrooge here but I don't like the colored hearts. The colors are hard to see because the hearts are small and I often find myself clicking on something that is already being researched.
mhmm, I don´t have any problems to see it on the screenshots but I have to admit that I have a great monitor.
Personally I love the change and I am looking forwards to 2.3.8 to see it in action.

btw: What happens if two allies are researching the same technology like BunkerBlaster brought up?
It's in master_20110320, but not in 2.3, there probably won't be much new stuff in 2.3.8 (if anything).

If two allies are researching the same thing, it shows two research hearts and the progress bar of the player that researched the most.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Cyp wrote:
If two allies are researching the same thing, it shows two research hearts and the progress bar of the player that researched the most.
I've been wondering if only the players in a team who are double researching a topic should be able to see two hearts while everyone else in the team just sees one heart and the progress bar of the player who has researched the topic the most, this is to help reduce the clutter a bit at least for some players in the team.. What are your opinions guys?
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce