The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
NaxShaleChan
Trained
Trained

Re: The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

Post by NaxShaleChan »

themousemaster wrote:
ApologetixFan wrote:Actually figured it out. I left 4 units when the Beta base was destroyed. If I recycle those before the base is destroyed, I get the 16,000 credits. Sometimes I have no patience. ugh.
That really shouldn't happen. You are supposed to start with 16K cash when Gamma1 starts (no matter what your BETA total was), whether you got all the units out or not. Sounds like a bug.
I have a similar problem... 4 trucks left behind after the last load, so I sent them on a suicide run into the Collective ground forces coming from the SE. Started Gamma 1 with 0 creds... -.-' Guess I'll have to do it the hard way. Grrr.
-"Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love." -Albert Einstein

Soldier: General, we're surrounded!
General: Good, then we can attack in all directions!
unregistered user
Greenhorn

Post by unregistered user »

themousemaster wrote:
ApologetixFan wrote:
Actually figured it out. I left 4 units when the Beta base was destroyed. If I recycle those before the base is destroyed, I get the 16,000 credits. Sometimes I have no patience. ugh.

That really shouldn't happen. You are supposed to start with 16K cash when Gamma1 starts (no matter what your BETA total was), whether you got all the units out or not. Sounds like a bug.

I have a similar problem... 4 trucks left behind after the last load, so I sent them on a suicide run into the Collective ground forces coming from the SE. Started Gamma 1 with 0 creds... -.-' Guess I'll have to do it the hard way. Grrr.

Did you continue strait from the last beta mission or did you save after and load the save? Because I had a similar problem with gamma 1 that when I loaded the saved game I started with 0 credits but when I continued from the last beta I started with the standard 16k and other people have posted this bug as well.
PS. Sorry about the strange way of quoting I couldn't get it to post normally.
NaxShaleChan
Trained
Trained

Post by NaxShaleChan »

No, I saved, closed, and started up again later. Doing it the hard way isn't really working well. And my defenses weren't exactly set up well to defend against the Collective's last stand, so that half hour of duking it out to get my requisite 40 units out is a pain in the rear end. I guess I'll have to try again though...

Edit: Well, I just played Beta Evacuate again, shipped out 3 transports full and recycled the last left over truck. I managed to beef up the my SE defenses just before the first waves came in to utilize the change in ground level so that 99% of incoming fire hit the hillside instead. Silly robots. Got the better part of my second MBG wiped out, but managed to save both my commanders (one hero, one special). Yay for that free transport of hero and special level units. Haha... I think it might be wiser to ditch 10 low experience units and only ship out 30 from Beta Evacuate, just to get that free transport of high EXP units.
-"Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love." -Albert Einstein

Soldier: General, we're surrounded!
General: Good, then we can attack in all directions!
johninsj
New user

Post by johninsj »

Is this excellent walkthru still being developed... I'm nearing the HAHA one, and dread going it alone without a guide :)
Crocuta
Greenhorn

Post by Crocuta »

I have the remaining missions (from Gamma 6 onward) mostly written up using the same approach as themousemaster's most excellent rendition. I have to work the next two days, but if no word is heard by then, I'll polish them up and start posting some walkthroughs for you in a separate thread (so as to not hijack this one.) If he comes back and finishes, I'll be happy to brush mine into the digital dustpan.
johninsj
New user

Post by johninsj »

Crocuta wrote:I have the remaining missions (from Gamma 6 onward) mostly written up using the same approach as themousemaster's most excellent rendition. I have to work the next two days, but if no word is heard by then, I'll polish them up and start posting some walkthroughs for you in a separate thread (so as to not hijack this one.) If he comes back and finishes, I'll be happy to brush mine into the digital dustpan.
That would be appreciated! I've learned quite a bit working through the walkthroughs so far!
Crocuta
Greenhorn

Post by Crocuta »

For anyone that needs them, I've started from Gamma 6 in a separate thread. I hope that themousemaster returns to complete his walkthrough, but until that happens, I hope that my contribution helps alleviate some of your trepidation.
eZAK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by eZAK »

I'm beginning to think The mouser got locked up for contempt in that jury trial he is supposedly in involved with.
"The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams......"
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

eZAK wrote:I'm beginning to think The mouser got locked up for contempt in that jury trial he is supposedly in involved with.
That wouldn't have been far off, seeing as they, of all things, tried to put me on the jury of the case of the guy who BROKE INTO MY MOM'S HOUSE.

That's not why I'm absent though. My workplace decided to reduce it's staff to 1 programmer, and then take on a new client called "Wal-Mart".

I've been hammered since October, and will be at LEAST unitl mid-June before I can even think about taking the hours necessary to draw up a stage again.

You might notice that I'm making this post after midnight. It's Sunday. And I get to go into work at my normal time tomorrow, like the last few months.
eZAK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by eZAK »

Wellcome to the New World Order!
"The world is full of Kings and Queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams......"
Bluepanda
New user

Post by Bluepanda »

Hey i recently started playing this and i have a question regarding the earlier alpha missions in this guide. It says to build 5 power plants which i don't understand.

According to the guide there's 4 oil derricks per power plant and additional power plants produce no extra energy. If that's true then why the need for 5 power plants? If there a glitch or something to produce extra energy?
eZAK
Rookie
Rookie

Post by eZAK »

I don't think all 5 are needed but at least 4.
As the stage progresses you'll find more oil derricks.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Alright, That whole Walmart insanity has finally started to ease up. The memebers of my IT department are starting to receive authorization for vacations.

My boss decided to take the first one, but I should be getting mine in early-mid July.

I will be picking up from where I left off when I get a chance; Crocuta, I read your thread, and it's modelled after my own heart, and expertly to boot :). That said, I want the guide to have a consistent color scheme for all the stages, so I will be doing it again myself.
Crocuta
Greenhorn

Post by Crocuta »

I anticipated such, and at some point when you're done, I'll break the link to mine from this thread and they can be lost somewhere on page three. I just wanted to bridge the gap until you got back on your project.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how you approach each level.
max
New user

Post by max »

I loved this walkthrough

Just a word on beta4. You did something you dont like.

well you dont have to. I think you got problems with VTOLS because you destroyed all the buildings first.

What i do: i build new aiti aircraft units, 8 enough with no exp.
i lose 2 but i kil all the first wave of VTOLs coming!
i send 1 exp unit for starting cleaning the buildings and i truck for the repair facility

After this i clean all the map with my old experienced units, quite fun to do it, and not so easy.
I just have to bring and leave this anti aircraft units at the north of map, and build a few more on the ground to be quiet from this VTOLs who keep coming till you clean all.

The left base is really fun, with a huge amount of lancers to kill.Luckily, they dont go out and chase you all together...