The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

2.3.7 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

Time for another 2.3 release!

Apart from the usual heap of bugfixes and translation updates, this release includes some multiplayer rebalancing to adjust for the working-again armour: MG damage to cyborgs was increased by 10%, to tracks decreased by 10%, and to bunkers decreased 5%. Cannon damage to buildings and hardpoints increased 10%, to bunkers increased 25%. Also, the AI got some new top level templates, which hopefully make it a bit more dangerous in the end game.

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Detailed Changelog:

2011-01-20: Version 2.3.7

General
  • Fix: Make construction, production and research independent of framerate and number of parallel tasks (b4e33f24a2)
  • Fix: Changing droid settings now works, even if selecting more than 100 droids (9bab7867c8)
  • Fix: Reset construction speed upgrades between games (9a28d849f9)
  • Fix: Don't gain experience by shooting your own buildings/units (61adc3712a)
  • Fix: Don't truncate usernames at the first unicode character (da4a6ea4cc)
  • Fix: Correct delivery point placement for cyborg factories and repair facilities (b25bc87b3a)
Multiplayer
  • Change: Retire the current AI top model template with heavy laser in favour of two new ones. First is armed with seraph missiles, the second with both seraph missiles and gauss cannon on a dragon body (4c0b8a68af)
  • Fix: Prevent clients from getting confused when trying to leave the game setup screen by pressing the Escape key (9cacfc52a4)
MP Balance (5b863da695)
  • Mg damage to cyborgs up 10%, to tracks down 10%, and to bunkers down 5%
  • Cannon damage to buildings and hardpoints up 10% and to bunkers up 25%
UI
  • Change: Show a savegame's timestamp tooltip in the current locale (#2303, ec1bbcbbaf)
  • Change: Show distances and speeds in terms of tiles (e192e8a758)
  • Fix: Improve UI responsiveness under low framerates (89d8b599d5)
  • Fix: Prevent some key presses from being ignored (942c2f1fe3)
  • Fix: Don't show health bars over empty terrain, when set to always display energy bars (#912, 61a79c761a)
Translations
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.7 has been released!

Post by Mr_E »

the download link doesn't work for me, and my friend...
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
JustLooking2
New user

Post by JustLooking2 »

Mr_E wrote:the download link doesn't work for me, and my friend...
Worked for me like a charm.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

frag you...
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

Thanks for release
Strategas
New user

Post by Strategas »

cybersphinx wrote:General
[*] Fix: Make construction, production and research independent of framerate and number of parallel tasks
Thank you.
tasubas
New user

Post by tasubas »

Lets try!!!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Mr_E wrote:frag you...

be nice... :)
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thank you :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

cybersphinx wrote:Time for another 2.3 release!
If I understand correctly, 3.0-beta is 2.3.current + new gfx. Will there be another 3.0-beta release based on this one?

I tried a skirmish on GreatRift yesterday. All AI opponents (strength slider on max) used the same research strategy and attacked by airforce only - ok, they sent some toy tanks in addition, but did not build heavy body tanks. Games like this can be boring. Are there plans to use personalities for the AI opponents to choose from, as you can in Dydo-AI?

And of course: Many thanks to the developers, designers, admins, testers,...!
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

@Happy Camper: The problem is exactly that the AI has two personalities, and you met Mr Airforce, which produces only light tanks and aircraft. If you play a master snapshot, you can try to play against the semperfi AI, where both personalities (air and ground) are more flexible that way. I will probably port over most of these changes from semperfi to the default AI later when it has been tested more.
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

there's new AI? wow, that's cool, how'z it work?
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

are there any new limits set on the limits page, when you host a game?
Maroy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maroy »

Ignore Mr_E, he's even more of a pain in real life. I'll try to keep him from spamming you with pointless questions in the future.
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

I noticed that sometimes indirect weapons shoot into the ground when you build them on top of a mesa. In earlier versions of the game, mortars fired in high arcs over the cliffs when aiming at targets in canyons. I mean, isn't that how indirect weapons are supposed to work?