Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by zydonk »

Merowingg

It's very flattering to be imitated (even more to be praised, many thanks), but it is always best to create one's own maps. If inspiration is needed, then study the original Pumpkin maps in detail. Those guys knew more than most what WZ is capable of...
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello zydonk :)

I am happy that you typed again, because if you wouldnt I would feel bad..

Thank you too for unconsiously making me to love the game and mapmaking :)

Well as I said many times already the Squared map by you is very important for me, I have special feelings for it and memories.

Squared is the apple of my eye :) I didnt want to be accused of stealing entire map so I have made my own entirely from the beginning, as I knew at the very beginning that I want to vary it as much as possible :)

I know creating own maps is the best thing to do, and as you can see I have some on my list :) I am just maybe not obsessed but very much connected to the map.

Yes the original maps have great spirit, I especially love the first campaign map, when you start in a small valley.. it made great impression on me, and then step by step the map is being allowed to go further.. I know what you mean.. The other are master of craftsmenship too. I will try to take the best from them :)

Thank you zydonk for all :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The Atlantis Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

Have you ever seen Atlantis in Warzone 2100 ?? no ?? now you have an occasion :) by the way, have you seen the Atlantis ?? ;)

The map is called Atlantis becuse the map, the main area is deep below the water level that surrounds it :)

All the water you can see at the edges of the map is easily accesible by eight elevated passages :)

On the isles on the water there are oils :)

Also do you see those round and square water ponds ?? those are not ponds :) those are fountains :)

Yes gentlemen I suppose those are first fountains in Warzone history I suppose :) I think nothing special maybe, but I wanted to achieve an effect of gushing water :) I did it by elevating very sharp needles of water in the fountains area :) If you dont understand what I am saying just play the map ;) I dont know how to describe :)

The effect is very interesting :) The map really gives impression of being under water :) The environment of it is cool loking and interesting :) at least for me ;) The fountains have its charm :) Also the "barier" cholding the water from the main map is good loking :)

The map is 250 x 250 :) so big becuse i needed the area for the sea, and then for the actual map :)

Eight players, advanced bases included :) I tried to vary the base looking, the oil positions as far as possible :) Even command centres stand at interesting places :) surrounded by water :) nice tilesets and eyecandy features included :)

The map has 20 oil per player :) 4 in the base :) another is everywhere :) especially near the water :) This is Atlantis! :)

Have fun gentlemen :) I wanted to do a little bit innovative :) did I manage ??

wz2100-20101209_200628-main.png
wz2100-20101209_200628-main.png (73.62 KiB) Viewed 8783 times
Attachments
8c-Mero_Atlantis.wz
The Atlantis Map :) very innovative :)
(57.92 KiB) Downloaded 523 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

Trying now.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Very long testing I suppose :) ;)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

he-he, "i'll try this and report" is the most popular last message in forum threads (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

:)

If he examines the maps so well, I am already scared :)

But indeed :) you are right Hao :)

I think especially you have 2 fans who write this all the time :)

Regards - Mero
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

Not suprised:-)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Boris :)

I am not sure how to interpret your "sentence" :)

You are not surprised that I am scared of lenght of your examination ?? :)

You are not surprised that Hao have fans ?? :)

You are not surprised by the look of the map and is playbility ?? :)

You are surprised good or bad rather then ?? :)

:)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The CircularX Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

Let me present the Cilcular X map :) It is called Cilcular X becuse it is circular ;) but also X is visible :)

The map is 250 x 250 for 8 players, 5 oil in base, and another 14 per player on the map :) Advanced bases are included :)

I have used various tiles so the map is again eye candy, it has also a lot of features as well hills and mountains, it is more hilly than my usual maps, I did my best to do it hilly :)

Have fun gentlemen :)

wz2100-20101214_200108-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_CircularX.wz
The Circual Hilly Map :)
(64.58 KiB) Downloaded 458 times

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

:shock:
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

hao wrote::shock:
Indeed, I am liking the hills :D
I'm not a big fan of the texturing due to personal preference, haven't looked at it in 3.0 yet though.
And I quite like the oil placement, though players 1,2,5 and 6 have an advantage due to their base positions being closer the ends of the x's.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Post by nighthawk »

you have created worlds, i tip my hat to you sir.

(TOO MANY HAPPY FACES -faints-)
"to prepare for disaster is to invite it"-unknown

"The Gravedigger"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Gentlemen I am confused by at least two of you three :)

Hao :)

What does this face represents ?? ;) Is it approval or dissaproval ?? express yourself :)

Mysteryem :)

If you like the hills I have made it means I must have made a great advancement.. even unbelievable one..
Yes thats true, those players have advantage.. I think I will make another version where players will have the same distance to the X edges, in this placement of the bases players have to coperate more I suppose, and it is clearly top versus bottom, when I change it, who knows.. :)

nighthawk :)

You are the most ambiguous for me :) I dont know what do you mean by this worlds sentence, i hope it is not a sarcasm.. But I do know you indicate that I use to many smileys.. well yes but this is my style.. :) You should know it already :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

By the way :)

This is my 50th map :)

Anniversary :) hooray :)

I think it is time to pack them in two rar files as Hao suggested :) and post it here, giving a link to the rared files post in the first post :)

I do hope I will be even better in mapmaking in next fifty maps time :)

Regards - Mero