Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

Finally a post an opinion a sugestion :) I am delighted :)

R Hannay thanx for you short ;) post :)

Well you are right, flatness is my Ahilles Heel.. but :) I dont know if you have played the map or not :) All grounds are elevated from the water :) and then simple lets call it hills on it are made plus acavengers high concrete walls :)

I didnt put much more hilly hils on the shores becuse there Is quite limited space.. and I wanted avoid complains about not being able to built.. I trying to figure out how to make map hilly but not so much to make it look good and bases being possible to built on those hills..

As you can see not much place is there already.. but really good point :) I am trying to fight with it as I can :) I have already defeated pale grounds and my maps are rich in textures :) Now the time of hillyness came :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The Dam Map V2 :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

Dam V2 is identical as original Dam but rotated anticlockwise for 90 degrees :)

I did this change becuse a lot of players suggested doing so and I realised they are completely right :) because of obvious reasons :)

Even water Is now flowing into appropriate direction ;) :)

Thank you for the suggestion gentlemen :)

I think some people will like Dam some Dam V2 :)

wz2100-20101028_174128-main.png
wz2100-20101028_174128-main.png (39.48 KiB) Viewed 10583 times
Attachments
8c-Mero_DamV2.wz
Rotated anticlockwise for 90 degrees Dam :)
(42.07 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hehe Indeed :) Good one :) Are you matematician or something ;) ;) ;)

I didnt even notice I have goon so far.. :) I mean that I went over forty.. I think there is about thirty :) and rest is variations of other maps :)

42 you are saying.. I hope I will not spoil the universe :)

And of course quality not quantity is the most important..

As I have said you have inspired me Hao :) I have a vision or shall I say a clear idea of forthcoming map :)

Gentlemen I want to remind that your opinion and critics are very important.. dont hesitate, your voice counts !!!!!!.....

Post and dont be shy... Ideas, sugestions, even about a map that was made a year ago :) Just type the name of it and your opinion..

This is forum gentlemen, I am very happy you download my maps, and I really hope you enjoy them.. but please.. say something..

Links To all my maps are In the first post in this thread :)

42.. well when 50 maybe I will make a big anniversary :) drinking and eating :) playing Warzone 24 hours maybe ?? :)

I think we all mapmakers and friends should gather somewhere and celebrate from time to time :) or I have even better idea :) The Warzone players :) From all over the world :)

Ah what a nice vision.. but almost.. impossible :) although I think nothing is impossible :)

Bye gentlemen :) Have unforgettable battles, make best friends, have great fun :)

Regards - Mero
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Merowingg wrote:playing Warzone 24 hours maybe ?? :)
What? You mean you don't already :? :lol2:

Anyway, The problem would be getting a good place, funding it's hire and people funding their own flights. :hmm:
And we really need to make sure we know how many people would be able to make it etc.

Anyway, good luck with more map making and I hope you get to 50 soon :D
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The New Venice Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

I have called the map New Venice becuse its terrarian is to indicate and remain about the Venice and its channels :)

It is called New Venice because it is urban one and post nuclear :)

It is flat I know.. but Venice is flat.. I promise to make next map more hilly.. I have to upgrade about it this is my weak spot..

The map is 220 x 220 :) for 8 players :) with advanced bases :) 6 oil in base and another 7 per player on the map :)

I had some delays to make a new map becuse of srudies and some life stuff but I am back on the track again :)

Although maps by me may appear now less often :(

I hope you will like the map :)

It was just warming up :)

Have fun gentlemen :)

Opinions are needed :)

wz2100-20101123_193353-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_NewVenice.wz
The Modern Venice Map :)
(61.38 KiB) Downloaded 535 times

Regards - Mero
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Horray! :D
Finnaly another Mero map :)
I was beginning to think that you'd abandonded all of us.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Wibble :)

I hope you are not sarcastic :)

I know I can always count on your posts :) what makes me happy :) but I would be much happier if you could say something more about your experience and opinion about a/the map/s :)

I will never abandon ! but.. my activity or time from one post to another my be a little bit longer now.. :( but dont have to ;)

Cya Wibble :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The Scav Hills Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

Finally another four player map :)

I think the map should be interesting.. :)

It is 200 x 200, 4 players with advanced bases, 6 oil in base, another 9 on the map per player, but.. 14 of all of the map oil have scavengers :) by the map oil I mean the one not in base :)

The map is really rich in terrarian textures :)

I advise to turn the scavengers on to make it even more interesting :) those savage men dominated the centre :) and are on the hills tops too :) I didnt make them very strong in defence structures :) but I really wanted to do so :) they can be real pain on this map even with this fact of weak defence :)

I hope the shape of the map is interesting :) I want to make my maps more and more complicated in shape and strategically demanding :)

I suppose the areas near the bases are still too flat.. but I wated to expose the height of the hills.. here we go again.. my Achilles heel.. ?.. ?..

The map have also some nice features on it :)

The layout of it should give some fun :)

Enjoy :)
wz2100-20101126_202520-main.png
Attachments
4c-Mero_ScavHills.wz
Be warned :) scavs are on the hills :) and in the valley too :)
(50.92 KiB) Downloaded 610 times

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Omg, this last map looks challenging! :3 Multiple chokes, highground control ... o.O (:
About hills and flatness: Well, they're not that hard to make if you really want to and have enough time. You just wave your brush (not pencil!) long enough and it steadily becomes varied (: By the way, it'll be somehow psychologically easier if you add a random noise to the heightmap first. In this case you won't be afraid of having too obviously-ugly hills at the beginning.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Hao :)

If the map looks challenging even for you.. and you seem to like it ;) I am really happy then as I know you have a good eye and excellent sense of mapmaking :) I am really happy about it :)

Speaking of flatness.. the case is that.. I am afraid that if i make all the ground hilly, wavy, there will be no possibility to built a building on the ground.. I know.. silly but it always seem to me like that.. do you know how much I can diverse, change the ground level from 0 for example.. to make a building possible to be built on the slope ??

And what do you exactly mean by brush but not pencil the terrarian, in what sence ??

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Merowingg wrote:Speaking of flatness.. the case is that.. I am afraid that if i make all the ground hilly, wavy, there will be no possibility to built a building on the ground.. I know.. silly but it always seem to me like that.. do you know how much I can diverse, change the ground level from 0 for example.. to make a building possible to be built on the slope ??
I never made any presize measurements, but, well, you have a lot of freedom in this. ~10%grey noise usually seems fine. And even if you loose a few building sites, that won't be much of a problem with your map size ;)
Merowingg wrote:And what do you exactly mean by brush but not pencil the terrarian, in what sence ??
I mean, use a smooth brush, not a brush with crisp borders. And also make it transparent ;) With 10%-opaque brush, you switch thinking from "i'm painting this area grey" to "i'm making this area a bit higher" (:

GL with this (: (: (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok :) I will try to experiment with 10 degrees variety level :) and I hope you are talking about 0 - 255 scale :) becuse I am not sure :)

Well I think you are making a small implication that my maps are always toooooo big ?? ;) :)

I have a strange feeling that you are saying about the random height generator.. which I have :) but i dont use :) or even something else I dont know about.. I have seen a movie where you have painted a map :) can you please send me on PM this program :) and some basic instructions ?? :) I woud be obliged :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

The Symetry Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I have made the smallest map in my mapmaking history :)

It is 100 x 100 and I have to admit working on a map with such a size is completely different :)

I think the map is excellent for FFA :) but good team working migh be fun here too :)

The map is for 4 players :) 8 oil in base :) 14 per player on the map :) but.. as always but ;) map is overwhelmed with scavengers :) they have 7 of this 14 oils possessed and the rest quite good protected :) but not all :)

A smart ballance is needed on this map so not to lose a lot of units on the scavengers but at the same time possess more oil and attack an enemy :)

Advanced bases are included on the map :)

I have called it symetry becuse it is entirely symetrical :) in every detail :)

Have fun gentlemen :)

wz2100-20101130_183016-main.png
Attachments
4c-Mero_Symetry.wz
The symetrical map with a lot of scavengers :) excellent for FFA :)
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 566 times
Last edited by Merowingg on 30 Nov 2010, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

and I hope you are talking about 0 - 255 scale
Hmm, no, i was actually talking about percentage. Eg. 10% grey, 20% grey, etc, 100%grey=white. And transparency is also normally measured in percents.
I have a strange feeling that you are saying about the random height generator.. which I have :) but i dont use :) or even something else I dont know about.. I have seen a movie where you have painted a map :) can you please send me on PM this program :) and some basic instructions ?? :) I woud be obliged :)
What are you talking about? This is pure GIMP (:

P.S. The last map looks worthy. It's squared-like, but the middle is wide, no way to turtle it up ... And taking low oil level into account ... And a few well-placed lakes ... Gonna be fun! (: