On elevation.

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Re: On elevation.

Post by nighthawk »

lol well this topic has degenerated into nothing XD
"to prepare for disaster is to invite it"-unknown

"The Gravedigger"
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

I've been working on a modification to weapons.txt in the past few days, and it already includes all weapons being able to target anything.

Currently I've finished setting relatively accurate minimum and maximum elevations, I'll be working on the ranges next, by increasing the range of all weapons and sensors to compensate for the anti-air guns being able to hit ground units at 2048 units.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote: well ... here is a whole lot of LURK MOAR... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig& ... =&gs_rfai=
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

TVR wrote:I've been working on a modification to weapons.txt in the past few days, and it already includes all weapons being able to target anything.

Currently I've finished setting relatively accurate minimum and maximum elevations, I'll be working on the ranges next, by increasing the range of all weapons and sensors to compensate for the anti-air guns being able to hit ground units at 2048 units.
I wonder how a game like that would go.. I bet VTOLs would be easier to beat..
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Post by nighthawk »

to be honest i am a skirmish kind of guy and when i play i end up using a large 'flock' of vtols to take out any large enemy posts IE: laser sattelite comand center, or fortresses. i am saying that not all units should be able to attack vtols, just the ones at the right elevation. if all could attack there would be no reason for vtols.

"The Gravedigger"
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Except perhaps their speed, but heavier weapons reduce speed a ton.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Post by nighthawk »

yep. they can get really slow

"The Gravedigger"
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Some would say "epically slow". But thats off topic. I think that this idea may, may have merit, though, to get back on-topic.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Post by nighthawk »

well i for one think this would be a usefull if not OVERLY USEFULL addition. not only would higher elevation maps now affect the game more, but vtols being used as distractions could insue. fast flying lightly armed vtols would distract enemy point defense hardpoints and such while a convoy of ground units would just slip right past. it would start a wave of people having to incorporate artillery into their strategies more often. (not that most people dont, but it would stress the importance)

"The Gravedigger"
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Post by new paradigm leader »

:lecture: to clarify even if this constitutes as necroing Lurk Moar is *chan speak. it instructs the target to post less. :D

Yours

NPL

p.s. sorry about taking it off topic again,
just felt like clarifying,
it all reminded me of that trolling thread that broke out ages ago. :P
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Post by nighthawk »

^^ thanks for the clarification. and not at all.. this thread hasnt been used for awhile xD

"The Gravedigger"