3.0-beta 1 is released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

3.0-beta 1 is released!

Post by Buginator »

The Warzone 2100 Project staff bring you 3.0-beta 1!

Please submit all bugs via this link, and follow the directions listed at the link, we need every bit of that information in order to fix bugs!

NOTE: the command line arguments need a "=" between parameters now.
For example: --mod_mp=blah

Changelog will follow as soon as it is ready. Sorry for the delay. :stressed:

Downloads will be made available at our usual site:
Warzone 2100 file releases on Sourceforge.

Source tarball:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download

Windows:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download

Changelog:
2010-10-25: Version 3.0 beta 1

GeneralUIGraphicsNTW mod
and it ends here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: 3.0-beta 1 is released!

Post by Buginator »

*reserved*
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

it took forever to load a simple skirmish, i'm guessing you fixed the super transporter speed?
I'm not always on but when I am you know it.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Mr_E wrote:it took forever to load a simple skirmish, i'm guessing you fixed the super transporter speed?
Yes, they have fixed the Super Transporter speed :)

BP
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

great now behold my epic army, of bug assault gun vtols :P, also can i use the shift+f12 thing in multiplayer?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Mr_E wrote:also can i use the shift+f12 thing in multiplayer?
No, it's only allowed in Skirmish, so you have to familiarize yourself with the weapons/sensors range without the Sensor drawing view on MP matches.

Regards BP
Mr_E
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr_E »

well then, guess i'll go back to what i do best, stir up trouble...
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I did a skirmish on Rush2 this morning to check out defense structures. I found that a hardpoint can shoot over a wall infront of it, and a line of bunkers infront of that wall. I think that's only nearly sufficient.

I can live with a hardpoint not shooting through/over a hardpoint, same for bunker, etc. What seems incorrect to me is that towers won't shoot over hardpoints. Towers are weaker than hardpoints (ie., A lancer tower has 2/3 (66%) the HP of a lancer hardpoint) which has me wondering what purpose they'll serve in the future if they can't be clustered? What advantage will they have? The cost difference to build is disproportionate when compared to the drop in HP ($150 vs. $175 (86% of hardpoint cost)).

Please allow towers to shoot over hardpoints, remove them, or lower their build cost.

Can anyone verify that AA can shoot through towers, but hardpoints block AA (if you have a row of AA behind)? I've heard this is true from a frequent MP player.

Some of what I've noticed:

(excuse the tripple post, 3 attachment limit :C )
Attachments
2 Minipod Towers will shoot over HMG hardpoints, at this elevated target
2 Minipod Towers will shoot over HMG hardpoints, at this elevated target
Minipod Towers will NOT shoot over HMG hardpoints at this elevated target
Minipod Towers will NOT shoot over HMG hardpoints at this elevated target
Evidence of the cliff issue already been mentioned (can't go around the defense shown)
Evidence of the cliff issue already been mentioned (can't go around the defense shown)
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Your message contains too few characters.
Attachments
2 Minipod towers happily shoot over hardpoints
2 Minipod towers happily shoot over hardpoints
The tank is protected by the ground :)
The tank is protected by the ground :)
repeat of cliff issue posted above
repeat of cliff issue posted above
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Your message contains too few characters.
Attachments
only the center HMG hardpoint is shooting the black tank, the 2 minipod towers on each side of the hardpoint become inactive when the tank gets close to the HMG hardpoint
only the center HMG hardpoint is shooting the black tank, the 2 minipod towers on each side of the hardpoint become inactive when the tank gets close to the HMG hardpoint
garantiertnicht
Greenhorn

Post by garantiertnicht »

When coms the Mac Version? The (unbuiltable) xcode-project is in the Source, xCode i have. I don't can test the Beta so. :|

:...: Edit: Thanks for Building Hiran.
Last edited by garantiertnicht on 30 Oct 2010, 15:28, edited 2 times in total.
Player Name: "garantiertnichtDE"
You can talk to me DEUTSCH.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Are you saying you can't compile it on your mac? I could build it for you if that is the case
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
garantiertnicht
Greenhorn

Post by garantiertnicht »

26 Errors. (I think the errors come from the Custom Shell Script "Run Autorevision"
Error is here:

Code: Select all

I have a build of WZ Beta. The old errors was:
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/Germany/Warzone.build/Debug/Autorevision.build/Script-43095E9A10EEA8630067E86B.sh: line 16: ./macosx/build/Debug/Autorevision: No such file or directory
)

Other errors:

Code: Select all

I have a build of WZ Beta. The old errors was:
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c: In function 'version_getLowRevision':
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:39: error: 'SVN_LOW_REV' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:39: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:39: error: for each function it appears in.)
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:40: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c: In function 'version_getRevision':
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:44: error: 'SVN_REV' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:45: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c: In function 'version_getVersionString':
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:53: error: 'svn_uri_cstr' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:59: error: expected ';' before 'SVN_REV_STR'
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:63: error: 'SVN_URI' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:63: error: expected ')' before string constant
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:65: error: 'SVN_REV' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:67: error: expected ';' before string constant
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:71: error: expected ';' before 'SVN_REV_STR'
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c: In function 'version_getFormattedVersionString':
/Users/marceljuergenfalk/Downloads/warzone2100-3.0_beta1/macosx/../src/version.c:157: error: 'svn_uri_cstr' undeclared (first use in this function)
:...: Edit: Thanks for Building Hiran.
Last edited by garantiertnicht on 30 Oct 2010, 20:11, edited 7 times in total.
Player Name: "garantiertnichtDE"
You can talk to me DEUTSCH.
dmdilks
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dmdilks »

I'm still having problems when they tell you updates or what you have to do in the beginning of each level. The screen will blink and than you have to go and read it yourself. It will not display on the screen or hear it.

The game will crash after the save point and that is when I try to click on the tab "continue" the game and that is when it will crash.
GA-GA-X79-UD3 i7-3820 3.60GHz, G-Skill 16gb DDR3 1866, HD 6950 2GB, Glacier 900W, COOLER MASTER HAF 932 , 128gb SSD, 750gb HDD Win7-64bit
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

dmdilks wrote:I'm still having problem when they tell you updates or what you have to do in the beginning of each level. The screen will blink and than you have to go and read it yourself. It will not display on the screen or hear it.
If you already had the videos, then you have to copy them over to the new folder/directory, if you didn't have them you need to download them from http://wz2100.net/download