i got a good old mx-300 mouse, geting time for a new 1. what to get?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Ziasod
Trained
Trained

i got a good old mx-300 mouse, geting time for a new 1. what to get?

Post by Ziasod »

i once had a nice led mouse from logitech easy no wierd stuff nice blue collor led mouse.

ah found picture of it, weeeh
http://www.telecommandercorp.com/links/ ... ogite1.gif

then for sum reason my left button didn't fired any more.... dunno why :P
still warenty, so logitech sended me a replacement: logetich mx300

damn nice mouse good resolution i guess. mx techologie sure was good enough for me.
realy want an cable mouse.. this current was heavied with weights sum how. ah well just not big fan of recharging stuff. it's easy design even doh i'm right handed and can use almost any mouse. what would u sugest for less then 60 euro atm logetich g3 looks nice replacement around 55-60 in stores.

what's pro and cons of a right handed mouse and cordless u recon?

mx-300
http://www.benchmark.pl/artykuly/testy_ ... x300-1.jpg

new laser g3 mouse, hard to find matching size pictures. so i beter not go l00king :P
http://www.jham-trading.nl/images/MOUSE ... 0Mouse.jpg
Last edited by Kamaze on 05 Jul 2007, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
I only wish 3 things in life; Beer, Happines and mêh own personal Mamoth tank!
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Re: i got a good old mx-300 mouse, geting time for a new 1. what to get?

Post by Kamaze »

I removed the [img] tags. People who like to see the pictures can click on the links :)

Well, i have the logitech mx 518 and i'm very happy with it for 6 months now.
http://www.cortexinformatique.com/images/2404062.jpg
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Ziasod
Trained
Trained

Post by Ziasod »

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/108326/L ... (USB).html

price 40-45 euro

any pro's to it's right hand shape u recon?
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

I readed some recessions about this mouse and the G5 from logitech, which are mostly positive for both.
Well, i "test-touched" them both and both are good. (You should test it for youself)
But i got the MX because i don't need replaceable weights in my mouse nor a laser :)

However, i'm happy with my MX 518 at the momment.
Last edited by Kamaze on 07 Jul 2007, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

I've got the MX-518 as well. Got it about a year now (not sure how long). I'm honestly really quite satisfied with it. My previous mouse was somewhat similar to the one on your first picture. I developed RSI quite fast on that (and no RSI isn't nice, it's not just using the computer that you cannot do anymore then). Never had RSI with this one (although it's around the same time I switched my desktop to boot GNU/Linux instead, so the increase of keyboard use might be part of the solution as well).

Btw I got it for around €50. That was quite shortly after the MX-518 was introduced.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
JockeTF
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JockeTF »

I use a Razer Copperhead which uses laser:

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main ... ucts_id=11

I like it a lot even though I don't play a lot of games, you can bind keyboard commands to the different buttons, change the DPI and stuff like that. I currently use RazerTool in order to configure it. Instead of explaining everything you can do with it I'm just going to show you an image of RazerTool. :P

I know that it works good with both Linux and Windows. I'm not sure if there are any application for configuring it on OSX though.

Image of RazerTool.

I costs around 50 €.

May the alpacas be with you,
// JockeTF
Alpacas are awesome.
DFStormbringer
Trained
Trained

Post by DFStormbringer »

i asl use the MX518 and i HIGHLY reccomend it!  it feels fantastic in my hand.. the buttons are great.. can be hotkeyed to keyboard commands.. its a LIFE saver in both FPS games AND in  photoshop and blender becuase of its 3 independant scanning resolutions..

it is an "optical" mouse aka lazer... as opposed to a track ball mouse..  and it has a cord.. there IS a cordless version but i advise HIGLY agasint it if your a gamer.. as youll never want to be in a game and stuck having to change batteries while int he heat of battle.. not to mention batteries cost money..  basically causing you to constantly pour extra fnds i nto the mouce after its bought.

no.. i woudlent trade my mx518 in for anything.. when this fails i fully intend on getting another.
-= Dare not meddle within the affairs of we dragons for you are crunchy and flavor well with bbq sauce =-

-=Build a man a fire and hes warm for a night. Set a man on fire and hes warm for the rest of his life=-
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

i try to shop smart, i used to use a microsoft 5 button intellimouse but my left button died on that also.

now i use a 6 Button Wired 1600Dpi and at that price its an absolute god send..
Version: master-20110320 QT
VGA:Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Driver in use: 6.14.12.6658
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+
RAM: 2 x DDR-II 1GB corsair
Ziasod
Trained
Trained

Post by Ziasod »

difference between a laser and led(optical) is noticeable. espacily when u pick up a mouse :).

led just give a huge difused light probely makes it able to use a array of detectors with less pixels configuration i believe. to bad i can't pick my sisters mx-1000 appart :), wouldn't have trouble puting a screwdriver on this mx300

any 1 have any pro's or con's on a laser/optical.

atm g3 (laser) is about 5 euro more then a mx518 i guess.

nerf my sister got the mx1000 when it came out there like 80 bucks? all she played was sims2 or worms 3d.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

laser is about 20x+ more precise than optical, though it usually has about the same resolution -- so moving a 1600 dpi laser mouse 1 inch will send the cursor the exact same amount on the screen as moving a 1600 dpi optical, though because of the added precision, it takes less physical movement of a laser mouse for a mouse movement to register, which gives artists and gamers more fine-grained movement, but a little less control, since the mouse will seem more twitchy until you get used to it.

laser mice also will work on several surfaces that opticals will not, like certain glass-based mousepads, or anything else that looks very smooth or glossy.

the mx-1000 is what i have -- it's a nice mouse, but the "ergonomic" design was very abnormal for me: it took me 2 weeks to be able to move the mouse pointer straight up and down, though any kind of precision movement is no longer a problem. the mx-1000 is 800 dpi, and is more of a general use laser mouse than specifically a gaming mouse, though 800 dpi coupled with the added precision is more than adequate for most gamers.

conversely, all "gaming" laser mice will have at least 1600 dpi, with some hitting 2000+...

one thing to note: at least with windows xp or previous windows os' is that, when using the default mouse config dialog, setting mouse sensitivity up above the half way mark will make you lose a lot of precision. if you lower it below 50% it's not so bad, but it is theoretically a lot more reliable for gaming use to have it at 50% or a factor of 50 (25, 12.5, etc) as at least you don't lose fractions of a pixel with normal mouse movement. the same could arguably be said of linux, mac, and other os' methods of mouse tweaking, though all os' seem to use optimal defaults.
Ziasod
Trained
Trained

Post by Ziasod »

yeah default driver of my mx300 wasn't much good.

i had to use a broken white desk, because pure white don't work well with obtical mouse :)
still wonder if if pure white works with laser, since it reflects like almost all light. maybe it was a childs bug on the mx 300 who knows  :D
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

from what i have seen almost all non ball mice have difficulty on a surface with no granular variation, i s'pose its the mouse equivalent of snowblindness, for example a piece of A4 is pure white, but because of its granular nature an optical mouse can see variation to measure its movement, conversly a piece of glossy paper has all its pores filled in.
personaly, im hoping that one day mice will have no outwardly distiguishable detectorsor moving parts as we move to decent motion sensors and pressure pads for the buttons.
but then im an optomist, im still pineing for the lost promise of decent virtual gloves and goggles.
Version: master-20110320 QT
VGA:Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Driver in use: 6.14.12.6658
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+
RAM: 2 x DDR-II 1GB corsair
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

that is true... even some laser mice have trouble with things like glass tables or glass mousepads and you should always check to see if a particular atypical pad works with a given mouse. as for glass tables, laser mice often will work on them when "optical" mice will not, though the laser mice will not track very well on them.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

all mice are the same... annoying when they dont work , and a pain in the hand when they do.

now trackballs are the way to go...  no fuss no muss and easier on the hand.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

easier on the hand, harder on the fps gamer.