flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor [pre 1.10 thread]

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by KenAlcock »

Okay I give up. Can someone else please have a look at this and tell me what is going wrong?

I've got a map I've been working on in FlaMe. I started this map by opening an existing .wz file. I then edited the units and structures they way I want it for a T2, Advanced Bases game. The problem is that some Research Modules do not appear in-game on their respective Research Faculties and also that some Power Modules do not appear in-game on their respective Power Generators. The WZlog has the following information:

Code: Select all

--- Starting log ---
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 0
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 4
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 5
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 1
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 3
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 6
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 6
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 1
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 3
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 0
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 4
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 4
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 2
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 7
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 7
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 0
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 5
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 2
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 6
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 5
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 7
error   |09:29:08: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 7
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 2
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 5
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 3
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 1
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 3
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 0
last message repeated 2 times
last message repeated 1 times (total 3 repeats)
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 6
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 2
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0PowMod1 for player - 5
last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0ResearchModule1 for player - 3
error   |09:29:09: [loadSaveStructureV7] No owning structure for module - A0FacMod1 for player - 0
Each time I see such a module missing in-game, I attempt the following:
  1. Open my .fme file in FlaME.
  2. Delete the afflicted structure and its module.
  3. Recreate the structure.
  4. Recreate the module on top of the structure.
  5. Recompile the map into a .wz file.
The results of the above are a bit like playing Whac-A-Mole. Whatever structure and module I attempt to fix will be fixed for that iteration, but another structure and module will then start to display the same results. I feel like I'm winding down the track of a mobius strip with no off ramp. :stressed:

H E L P ! ! :augh:
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The results of the above are a bit like playing Whac-A-Mole.
I experience the very same problem.

As a workaround, i place modules very carefully: factory, then immediately two modules without any extra clicking around in the middle; works well enough usually. But i still want it fixed (:
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I've uploaded 1.06...

The changes are:
- Modules are compiled last so they should always appear in-game now.
It used to write them to the file in the order they were placed, unless you deleted one which moved the most recently placed unit into the slot you deleted from, causing the Whac-A-Mole effect. This a nasty bug a probably affects any map where people haven't payed close attention to their modules (like some of mine). People might need to be told to recompile their maps!
- There is a button in "Misc" for correcting the triangles of water tiles, so they don't make a graphical glitch in-game, and flaME will check the tiles when you compile.
- You can select a "Direct" pointer mode from the Options menu to paint exactly where you point the mouse.
- Structures are limited to 255 per player, and factories to 5.
- Compiled maps contain date and whatever "Author" name you enter on the compile form.
- 3 Rockies tile-types are changed. By default, one road tile was acting as an impassable cliff.
- If you can set flaME as a default program (I can't in windows 7), there's a chance it will load something when you double click.
- In File->Import you can load a map to the copy/paste function.
- When you hover over a unit with the mouse or select it, there will be a team-coloured rectangle.
- There is a button next to gateways that shows icons for where terrain is painted.
- The selection rectangle will show on the minimap.
- Loading flaME is slightly faster.
- Font drawing is faster.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

GJ!!!
Gonna test it asap, and maybe fix some triangles on some of my maps (:
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Thanks Flail! Going to download and test it now.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

- You can select a "Direct" pointer mode from the Options menu to paint exactly where you point the mouse.
:shock: Just what I wanted!
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Umm, Any chance we can get that limit or 255 structures set as an option but defaulted to 255? Now my map won't compile at all, where it would in earlier versions of FlaME.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Flail13, if possible, can you please add the ability/support to use customized textiles (texpage tiles), just like in the "old school" EditWorld, so most mappers here can do beauties like 4c-Ariza or 8c-Aurora.

That would be a nice feature.

BP

Forget what i said above, neverminded that FlaME already supports customized terrain textures XD :lol2:

Regards BP
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

KenAlcock wrote:Umm, Any chance we can get that limit or 255 structures set as an option but defaulted to 255? Now my map won't compile at all, where it would in earlier versions of FlaME.
No, the limit is a byte, so there can only be 255.
Can't really change that without breaking savegames and whatnot.

Right now, the structures are removed without you knowing, so that is why it should be enforced in the map editor, to prevent this.

Flail13, thanks again for the fixes. :)
and it ends here.
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Um the structures are not removed--at least not all of them. Flame (the newest version) reports something like 409 structures for one player. Taking into account all the missing modules I spoke of earlier that is only 35 modules for this player 10 power, 5 research 10 factory. When I compiled the map in the earlier version of FlaMe. Only a few modules were missing--not all of them and all the defenses and oil derricks appeared just fine. There is no way that Warzone stripped out enough structures to get down to 255.

Aside from the missing modules I spoke of earlier everything everything else in my compiled map shows up in Warzone.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

KenAlcock is right... it's not limited to 255 structures per player. it's limited to 255 of each structure TYPE per player. I tried placing 256 corner walls, 256 horizontal walls, 256 uplink centres and 256 command relays, and only 4 asserted in-game.
I'll make another version soon with the changed limit, if you don't mind buginator.
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

That sounds more like it. Otherwise, there is no way that anyone could have made some of the high oil maps with advanced bases and elaborate defenses that I have seen in the past. I swear, I've seen maps with over 200 defensive structures alone, when you count things like tank traps, wall segments, and the like.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Flail13 wrote:KenAlcock is right... it's not limited to 255 structures per player. it's limited to 255 of each structure TYPE per player. I tried placing 256 corner walls, 256 horizontal walls, 256 uplink centres and 256 command relays, and only 4 asserted in-game.
I'll make another version soon with the changed limit, if you don't mind buginator.
Whoops, sorry, I should have been more clear. :stressed:
and it ends here.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Oh well.
1.07 is uploaded with a 255 unit limit for each structure type per player.
I removed the factory limit because I forgot to distinguish between different types of factories properly.
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Mysteryem wrote:
KenAlcock wrote:[*] Missing Structures?
I could not find the following structures in the list, and it seems to me that they should be included. I'm new at making maps so take this for what it is worth (my newbiness):
  • Factory Module 2
  • VTOL Factory Module 1
  • VTOL Factory Module 2
None of those are structures, just use the factory module. To get a Factory with Module 2, add two factory modules to the factory. The same works for VTOL factories, just add a factory module (or two (or three, though there's not much point)).
Okay, I have successfully added two modules to all of the A0LightFactory (Factory) structures on the map, and it even compiles, and they all show up in-game. So thanks for the help and thanks to Flail for the updated version! XD

However, VTOL factories are another matter. :stressed: I tried adding one A0FacMod1 (Factory Module) over top of one A0VTOLFactory1 (VTOL Factory), but I receive the error message below when I try to compile my map.
flaME Error
flaME Error
And I make sure that the VTOL Factory and module are rotated the same direction. And if I undo adding the Factory Module, the map compiles just fine. So any ideas here?

How does one upgrade a VTOL Factory on the map?