Moderators

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Moderators

Post by cybersphinx »

"Per" is a name, most common in Skandinavia, I think.

As for moderators, I think it's more a question of "do we need some", not "do we have people who want to be one". And personally, I'm a bit suspicious of people who want power (just look at any government to see how that works out).
bravoleaderx
Trained
Trained

Post by bravoleaderx »

not chickening out josh, was a bit of humor :D
bravoleaderx
Trained
Trained

Post by bravoleaderx »

cybersphinx wrote:"Per" is a name, most common in Skandinavia, I think.

As for moderators, I think it's more a question of "do we need some", not "do we have people who want to be one". And personally, I'm a bit suspicious of people who want power (just look at any government to see how that works out).
Dont want power.

Just want to help out around the website

and i agree with you on the government issue
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

ClockWork wrote:Speaking of moderators...Per is apparently an admin staff on another site.
"Per" is a fairly common name in Scandinavia, as cybersphinx points out. It's the equivalent of "Peter" in English-speaking locales. It's unlikely that's the same person.
ClockWork wrote:Perhaps he can shed some light on this? Maybe it’s just purely a coincidence, But if Per really did manage to be an admin on multiple sites, then there is probably some kind of science to climbing the moderative staff ladder.
There certainly is a science to stuff like this, though.

On an open-source project like this, the simplest way to become a moderator is to learn programming and submit a lot of useful patches.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Zarel wrote:...

On an open-source project like this, the simplest way to become a moderator is to learn programming and submit a lot of useful patches.
Wow, does that work?