Moderators

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
bravoleaderx
Trained
Trained

Moderators

Post by bravoleaderx »

How can i become a moderator on the forum?

My name in game is MacArthur[BDC]
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Moderators

Post by Buginator »

:hmm:
You have to have a good track record on the forum, which means you must be a active poster for quite awhile.
Maybe some other rules, but I can't think of anything else at this time. :hmm:
and it ends here.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Buginator wrote::hmm:
You have to have a good track record on the forum, which means you must be a active poster for quite awhile.
If that is it, there are lots of potential moderator candidates.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

KukY wrote:
Buginator wrote::hmm:
If that is it, there are lots of potential moderator candidates.
Perhaps, but then again, your definition of a 'good track record' might not be the same as mine. :wink:

It isn't like we need more, we already have quite a few, but maybe one or two more won't hurt. :hmm:
and it ends here.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Buginator wrote:Perhaps, but then again, your definition of a 'good track record' might not be the same as mine. :wink:
Oh, I didn't notice that thing. And I have no definition of that. What is yours?
Anyways, I said 'potential'.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

The problem is, it's difficult to choose someone that everyone would be happy with. [deleted] Even if that person isn't someone other people actively dislike, it could still cause other people to think, "That should have been me."

Promoting contributors like Mysteryem is probably the best way to do this kind of thing. We can point to it as an easy way to say "This guy is mod because he helped us."
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zarel wrote:The problem is, it's difficult to choose someone that everyone would be happy with. [deleted] It's extremely difficult to choose someone because of that.
I have heard nothing but good things with [deleted]'s use of OP powers.
Not even one complaint from anyone that matters. :annoyed:

I can only imagine that the handful of people doing the complaining are the ones that broke the rules.
and it ends here.
Wulfkind
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wulfkind »

Zarel wrote:The problem is, it's difficult to choose someone that everyone would be happy with. [deleted] Even if that person isn't someone other people actively dislike, it could still cause other people to think, "That should have been me.""
Interesting that you should choose a public forum to voice issues with another member of your team.

This is really poor form, even if you are using it to illustrate a point. [deleted] did not deserve to be named publicly about any complaints and keep in mind, I have not had much in the way of conversation with him, so he is not a friend or a mate or whatever you might term it, I just think your choice of places to speak about this are incredibly poor and reflect the overall bad judgement that I see you make on a day to day basis.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

[Original poster obscured]
Zarel wrote:The problem is, it's difficult to choose someone that everyone would be happy with. I thought [deleted] would be one of the better choices for ircop, but there are still a handful of people complaining about him. It's extremely difficult to choose someone because of that. Even if that person isn't someone other people actively dislike, it could still cause other people to think, "That should have been me."

Promoting contributors like Mysteryem is probably the best way to do this kind of thing. We can point to it as an easy way to say "This guy is mod because he helped us."
If you never get complaints when moderating you aren't doing it correctly (there is always someone). Some OPs over look things to avoid conflict but this isn't the proper course of action. Zarel you have said some people complained in the IRC, but you never gave me an actual anwser, you just "danced around" the actual question.

<Dylan_Hsu> Zarel: man, i hate those guys who try to be everybody's friend
<Zarel> Dylan_Hsu: ...like me? <_<

Anyways...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:I have heard nothing but good things with [deleted]'s use of OP powers.
Not even one complaint from anyone that matters. :annoyed:
"No True Scotsman", etc.
SonOfBerg wrote:Interesting that you should choose a public forum to voice issues with another member of your team.
Gah, I misspoke. You're right, I definitely should have thought more before saying that.
deleted wrote:If you never get complaints when moderating you aren't doing it correctly (there is always someone). Some OPs over look things to avoid conflict but this isn't the proper course of action. Zarel you have said some people complained in the IRC, but you never gave me an actual anwser, you just "danced around" the actual question.
This is so totally not the right place to discuss this, dude. And I can give names, but I believe we've established that doing so publicly is a bad idea. PM me or something; we'll work this out.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

bravoleaderx wrote:How can i become a moderator on the forum?
You want to become a Moderator? That's nice. I hope you do become one. :3
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
bravoleaderx
Trained
Trained

Post by bravoleaderx »

well um...

sorry i started this

um no dev fights :D
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

bravoleaderx wrote:well um...

sorry i started this

um no dev fights :D
I hope you're not going to chicken out after all that talk up there.. XD
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

Speaking of moderators...Per is apparently an admin staff on another site.
admin list per.PNG
admin list per.PNG (5.02 KiB) Viewed 4522 times
Perhaps he can shed some light on this? Maybe it’s just purely a coincidence, But if Per really did manage to be an admin on multiple sites, then there is probably some kind of science to climbing the moderative staff ladder.
*waits to looks stupid if i'm wrong* :stressed:
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular

Post by Roux Le Corps »

well if there is a secret to being a moderator, its probably being calm ^_^ and looking at both sides of the story and trying to act as fairly as possible. oh, and wanting the responsibility of course :)