WZ 2100 port to Space Empires 5

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

WZ 2100 port to Space Empires 5

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

I got an idea, is it posible to port WZ2100 to SE5?

Because we could like make in game cutscenes or like launch a rockets and then we go tactical combat.
We give order to drone rocket to crash to the satelite and kaboom...just a quick idea!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
Ubermad
Trained
Trained

Re: WZ 2100 port to Space Empires 5

Post by Ubermad »

w00t? i don't quite understand... O_o O_o O_o
yay, lolcakez! *omnomnomnom*
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

I wanted to say that it would be cool to make a port of Warzone 2100 to Space Empires 5...
SE 5 is an game...From Strategy First(publisher) and Malfador Machinations(developer of all Space Empires games)...
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

What does it cost? I am getting kinda bored.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

I dont know how much costs a original copy/cd of Space Empires 5 but i know that you can buy it on steam and download it...
But you must have a credit card or ask some people to buy it as a gift and give it to you..."give" you pay the price of the game and aditional 25% of the game as a tip for him for helping you!

Back to the topic, SE5 has Space and Ground combat system so it will be posible but there are aditional features and its very modable...

Also dont be suprised if is a bit complicated but too me its fun and the music is great...
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Dude. I play StarCraft. The game of trump, counter trump, counter-counter trump ad infinitum.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

You arent an explorer type...You are like "korean" type...24/7 on computer ultil you fall asleep or get rip...
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

:lol2:
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Licensing doesn't fit.
No way this will happen.
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Post by Lancefighter »

really? LICENSING is your main problem?

what about like the SPACE part of SE5? Theres generally no reason to port warzone to se5 because...... ah hell - warzone is land units... space empires is in space!

But i mean, It might be cool if se4 has the pretense of space ignored, and the tactical combat became tank wars... :p
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Lancefighter wrote:really? LICENSING is your main problem?
Yes! By what others here say, that is a commercial game.
If that game has an open source engine which is under GPL compatible license, then it surely is possible, and I am sorry for my mistake.
Otherwise, there is NO WAY that will happen.
Read this: http://guide.wz2100.net/faq#Youshouldpo ... tintoanMMO
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Post by Lancefighter »

Ahh the problem is that you were referring to actual development in the space empires 5 engine.. I was thinking mere modding would be simply enough. Ill grant you that maintaining a engine is more reliable than a mod, merely because an engine can be changed.. a mod can only fake changes in the engine.

Right, well, I guess i was more worried about the game assets than the underlying medium.. which randomly raises a question:

How exactly would the developers even port something to another engine? Do they intend on taking the entire engine and work with that? what about if there is an existing development team for that engine? or.. work with the other group?(seems preposterous, you cant exactly expect two totally different teams to interact well)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, technically, if we redid a lot of the artwork, we could make a Warzone mod in another engine, since we'd have to redo all the coding anyway. But no, we're not going to do that. :P Feel free to do it yourself, of course.
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

Well we could call it Warzone 2150...50 years after first one...We find out that nexus is hiding somewhere...
The problem is that i dont know how to map in SE5 and i dont know to model or change codes...

it just an idea...