The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

2.3.4 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

And another release!

Unfortunately, 2.3.3 didn't turn out that well, it didn't fix the burn damage, and I forgot to include the newly added Korean translation in the installer... :oops: In its favour, it did include a crash fix I overlooked when writing the changelog (r11308, #2008).

So now we release 2.3.4, in the hope that it doesn't have serious problems and we can return to our originally planned release schedule, with about 6-8 weeks between releases. Apart from fixing the abovementioned problems there are not many other changes, mainly an update for DyDo-AI, and some translation things.

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Detailed Changelog:
2010-08-11: Version 2.3.4

General
  • Fix: Really fix burn damage calculations (r11393, #2045)
Multiplayer
  • Change: Show less netcode errors/warnings (r11356)
  • Fix: Possible crash (r11409, #2033)
DyDo-AITranslations
MetalWarrior95
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.4 has been released!

Post by MetalWarrior95 »

God i hate you!!

Another downloading 50mb,make a damn patch!
Il crush you!If i get crushed,il crush you twice stronger!!If you crush me again,then il blow up your PC!!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:God i hate you!!

ummmm, k. O_o didnt you read the first bit??? where he does appologise. :hmm: and as for making patches, ummmm no, :stressed: reason being , i and others would like it to be a solid release, no added bits and bites. thats where things go fracking haywire. :annoyed: trust me, been there seen THAT!!. :x and , on a closing note. have an excellent day/night. :)
digt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by digt »

60MB is better than 600MB. I'm glad you can download the video files separately.

Keep up the good work guys!
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Hey, chill it. If you don't like it, go elsewhere with that attitude.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Per wrote:

Hey, chill it. If you don't like it, go elsewhere with that attitude.
Yep, I totally agree and if I were on staff here, he would have been immediately banned from this site.

Anyway, Thanks very much once again to all the great people who continue to develop this awesome game. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

sg1efc wrote:Yep, I totally agree and if I were on staff here, he would have been immediately banned from this site.
A ban on him because of a simple misbehave is too much :lecture:

A warning regarding his misbehavior is just enough :geek: :hmm:

Back to the topic :lecture: i gonna download the version right now :D

Regards BP
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Black Project wrote:A warning regarding his misbehavior is just enough :geek: :hmm:
He's been warned for his misbehavior three to five times, I think. I'm not going to ban him, but it is nearly time to be taking further action.
Armalizilto
Greenhorn

Post by Armalizilto »

I had problems with the burn damage, thank you for fixing it! :wink:
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

So is the burn damage slower or faster now? i know before it used to depend on frame rate.

Also, that metal warrior guy seems to be an ultra negative character, im tired of seeing him in the ideas forum posting comments like " Its stupid" or "no that sucks"
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Verin wrote:So is the burn damage slower or faster now? i know before it used to depend on frame rate.
Slower against most targets, since it's affected by armor now.

Much faster against bunkers and much slower against hardcrete, since it's affected by damage multipliers now.
Verin
Trained
Trained

Post by Verin »

Really? dam i knew fire ate through bunkers before but now? lol melted bunker, anyone?
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
n2large0shirt
Trained
Trained

Post by n2large0shirt »

I love new patches! even if i don't actively notice the things that have changed... its still just fun to know something is different, and it always gets me playing the game again.
God i hate you!!

WOW. 50 meg is not that bad, unless you are using dial up, and even if you if you are...
REALLY?!?! your going to be that much of a little snot about something that is this high quality?! You are getting it for FREE you little nub!!

I may have just joined the forum but I have been lurking for a while now and I think this kid needs to be punished at least a little. He seems all around negative and disrespectful to the people working on this project. They deserve nothing short of appreciation.
~Elderly before my time.~
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

MetalWarrior95 wrote:Another downloading 50mb,make a damn patch!
You can get almost anything for money, so... if you pay enough, there'll be somebody that can do this for you. If you are not willing or able to pay, better remain silent.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Kreuvf wrote:
MetalWarrior95 wrote:Another downloading 50mb,make a damn patch!
You can get almost anything for money, so... if you pay enough, there'll be somebody that can do this for you. If you are not willing or able to pay, better remain silent.
The alternative to investing money of course is investing time, you're welcome to work on making an updater yourself, I'm sure many people would appreciate that.