game screen all blue

Our old place to report Bugs, it's not used anymore. To report bugs, please read this topic.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Re: game screen all blue

Post by Giel »

Was all you did for this removing the novideo.rpl file from the *.wz files? Not removing any references to that file as well somewhere (besides the makefiles that is)?

If so, then someone's gotta look at the code that attempts to render the *.rpl files, and novideo.rpl in particular.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
JockeTF
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JockeTF »

Yes, removing the novideo.rpl file was the only thing I did, nothing more.  :)

The same problem seems to appear with the new intel drivers as well.

// JockeTF
Alpacas are awesome.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Should this go into 2.0.8?
If so, I think we have to check (and fix) the sideeffects, since I remember that I had removed that file earlier, but had to include it again since that removed the cutscenes entirely. (And caused some crashes or other breakage? I don't remember what exactly it was, but it was bad.)
dcomsa
New user

Post by dcomsa »

Hi guys,

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. This is what I have done:

- manually removed novideo.rpl from *.wz file
- removed the game completely and installed the .deb package from JockeTF's page
- deleted the directory .warzone2100 from my home folder
- restarted the machine

I have tried the game after each of the above steps, but the dark blue screen is still there.

@JockeTF: I'm using the normal i810 driver again, because the intel one played some tricks on me when I tried to watch a movie.
JockeTF
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JockeTF »

dcomsa wrote: Unfortunately this didn't work for me.
@JockeTF: I'm using the normal i810 driver again, because the intel one played some tricks on me when I tried to watch a movie.
Yes, the new intel driver (In the Ubuntu Feisty Fawn repositories) can't (right now) use XV and a compositing manager at the same time.
Too bad that the fix didn't work for you, dcomsa. :(
Which intel GMA are you using? Did see any of those "black screens" while trying to play single player?
DevUrandom wrote: Should this go into 2.0.8?
If so, I think we have to check (and fix) the sideeffects, since I remember that I had removed that file earlier, but had to include it again since that removed the cutscenes entirely. (And caused some crashes or other breakage? I don't remember what exactly it was, but it was bad.)
I think that it might be better to find the real source of the problem (if anyone got the time to do so) which probably is the thing which "plays" the novideo.rpl file instead of just removing the file. But it sure would be better to remove the novideo.rpl with the bug rather than leaving both there, atleast for some of the Intel GMA users out there.
Last edited by JockeTF on 04 Jul 2007, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Alpacas are awesome.
dcomsa
New user

Post by dcomsa »

JockeTF wrote: Yes, the new intel driver (In the Ubuntu Feisty Fawn repositories) can't (right now) use XV and a compositing manager at the same time.
I wasn't using any composite manager. My default manager is metacity and I sometimes use compiz fusion. The problem was that if I started to play a video (any player, any file) there was a green band about 100 pixels wide at the top of my screen, which didn't dissapeared after closing the player. After reverting to i810, everything was back to normal.
JockeTF wrote: Which intel GMA are you using?
Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)
JockeTF wrote: Did see any of those "black screens" while trying to play single player?
With the normal package, yes, there are some black screen if I start a new campaign, with some subtitles (I think it's the mission briefing). With your modified package it skips the briefing (black screens). Also without the novideo.rpl file removed I get this in the terminal:

Code: Select all

error:      Error reading novideo.rpl: File not found
error:      seq_StartFullScreenVideo: unable to initialise sequence sequences/cam1/c001.rpl
error:      Assert in Warzone: seqdisp.c:489 : seq_StartFullScreenVideo (FALSE)
JockeTF
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JockeTF »

Alright, looks like the fix doesn't work on the Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04).  :(
Pretty wierd that it works on rev 03 but not rev 04 of the same model. Maybe something else is being sneaky as well...  :-\

Do you know if you're running your X-server on 16 or 24 bit colors?

My friend who uses rev 03 uses 24 bit colors, I'm not sure if that would make any difference though...

// JockeTF
Alpacas are awesome.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

one of the machines i've come across is a laptop with a 915GM, and as far as i found, the i810 was the right driver for that chip... it looks like the i810 at least was an umbrella driver for multiple generations of intel chips, though they may have changed that very recently. i haven't tried it with warzone, but with the i810 driver, it was running some 3d games a lot faster than it should've been able to.
Ben_Cs
New user

still game screen all blue

Post by Ben_Cs »

I have an: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
I downloaded the file that JockeTF made, and installed it. deleted .warezone2100 from home directory, and rebooted.
Didn't help. Still have that "night mode" when playing. It's annoying!
flep
New user

Post by flep »

I registered to share my experience concerning that specific issue.
Something like a dummy post but maybe it will help another user.

My config:

Ubuntu 7.04 feisty
Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML (driver i810)

After having installed Warzone2100_2.0.7-0_i386.deb and having discovered that "blue screen" problem I red JockeTF's post and installed Warzone2100_2.0.7-3_i386.deb.
That didn't change anything and the screen stayed blue until I changed the Fog option from Mist to Fog of War in the main graphic options.
Since that moment I'm able to play.
Maybe a solution for other persons?
Ben_Cs
New user

Mist to Fog Of War solution

Post by Ben_Cs »

Yes. Works for me. Good solution!