Latest stable version: Olrox 1.3

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Olrox
Art contributor

Latest stable version: Olrox 1.3

Post by Olrox »

Hi folks,

I'm glad to say I'm back, because I'm back, but in a different way. I've decided to be more objective in my participation, without letting my mentality get in the way too much when posting. That made some people glad in the past, but also made some people mad, and it's because of the bad outcomes I've decided to stop that and only extend my thinking to philosophy when I'm specifically asked to, and only on PM.

Now, about art.

I've created some music, started writing a book and coordinated a 25-people team of people older than me in a "Pixel art for games" workshop in a national design students meeting which took place last week (no, I'm not a design student yet :lol2: ). It was really nice, after all I'm definetely convinced that my true role is that of a Game Designer :P

Now, about WZ2100 art.

I will get back to texturing in the end of this week, I'm going in a trip to Paraguay, Asunción, to visit my father, and will have plenty of free time - I'm not sure about the internet connection there, but I'll find a way to keep active. I'll be busy with preparations for the trip until wednesday by the morning, so I'll only read and reply quickly to a specific handful of posts.

I hope you all can get better things from me from now on, that's my goal after all. I'm actually open to all sorts of critics, but personal ones go in the PMs, please :wink:

That's it for now,
~Olrox
Square
Trained
Trained

Re: Latest stable version: Olrox 1.3

Post by Square »

Olrox is baaaaaaaaaack!!! :)

Nice to see you back here, I'm really excited about your projects and your new stuff :wink:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Welcome back! :-)
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Post by XboxJosh »

Glad to see you're back, Olrox! :D

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Thank you all for your posts! They are very encouraging, and mean a lot for me, sincerely :)

Probably it'll take a while for me to get to the usual pace (there are 22 pages of unread topics, really frightening O_o ), but my plans are to continue with all the projects I was on before - AR, The Lost River, and hopefully that "CAM0" idea, if it's still alive :geek:

~Olrox :ninja:
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Hello Olrox, it's great to see you back in the forums, you're always welcome here :D

Regards BP
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Hi & welcome back. :D

If once you get settled, caught up and re-engaged with your AR work - if you have a bit of time after all that, plus RL commitments.... I would still value your critical acumen assessing my current iteration of "Aqua" called ScavManGodAi. Of course I would certainly understand your not being able to accommodate that request. Had to ask though since your initial feedback over the months was invaluable in shaping it's current reality. :3

- Regards, RV 8)

BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Good to see the better of two evils is back.
Bring back...ducks!
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

BlueMaxima wrote:Good to see the better of two evils is back.
O_o
:hmm:
8)
:lol2:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Olrox wrote: O_o
8)
8)
O_o
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

BlueMaxima wrote:Good to see the better of two evils is back.
:shock: O_o :roll:

In my encounters with evil I've never found it to be a pretext for jest or funny comments.

My understanding of it follows philosopher Andrew Bernstein's closely.

In part:
.....evil is the irrational, willful denial and evasion of the facts of reality. It is the deliberate defiance of the facts and laws of nature, a spitting in the face of existence. Human survival requires rationality, a commitment to discover and act on the full truth. Evil men stand opposed to this – to reality, to the rational, to every value on which human life depends.

Because of this, evil is metaphysically impotent: it cannot build, grow, create, or produce. Achievements require commitment to the laws and facts of reality. As stated by Francis Bacon, “Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed.” Men who forsake nature, whether to follow their own whims, conform to the group, or obey God, are incapable of producing or prospering on their own. Criminals, dictators, tribal warlords, Washington bureaucrats, and welfare leeches create and achieve nothing. Left to their own devices, they would huddle in caves and die. The irrational is helpless, utterly powerless. ......
You can find the full essay HERE

The expression "the lesser of two evils" is very familiar to me and the RL situations it speaks to never anything but utterly tragic.

No matter how you slice the comment I cannot see any aptness to this situation.

- RV :hmm:

-
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Oh, I'm sure he misspoke. Let's not spend too much time focusing on an honest mistake.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Zarel wrote:Oh, I'm sure he misspoke. Let's not spend too much time focusing on an honest mistake.
A likely supposition, I would agree. And I certainly have miss-spoken enough in my time to fill a fair size book. While impossible in geometry, what completes squaring this metaphorical circle is taking ownership and that neither you or I can truly do for another for it to be a difference that makes a difference.

And that's 2 more posts than I intended on making here so we'll call it a triple & let it slide home from there. :wink:

- RV :ninja:

macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

YAY welcome back olrox!
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Hey guys - y'all know, sh*t happens :(

I've arrived here at my father's house, but forgot that his house was robbed when he was out on vacation - this means no PC other than a notebook that I can borrow from the neighbor... fortunately I can access the internet from time to time, but he doesn't have photoshop installed here, and even if he had, I can't go using his computer all day :annoyed:

I'll probably get back home only next month... sorry. It seems like fate doesn't want me to get back to the forums :P
Well, but you know that my participation here is certain to continue. I wished it could be faster, but things didn't work like I expected, I'm sure you all understand.

Meanwhile I'll work on a book and on my musics :geek:

¬Olrox (where's the tilde? :annoyed: )