2.3.1a (windows only!) has been released.

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

2.3.1a (windows only!) has been released.

Post by Buginator »

We are doing a re-release of 2.3.1 for windows, since it didn't patch a SDL bug that has to do with minimizing Warzone and the mouse cursor.

There are no code changes at all in the codebase, we only applied a SDL patch to fix that specific issue.
The version number in the game is still 2.3.1.

The filename is warzone2100-2.3.1a.exe.
The tarball warzone2100-2.3.1a.tar.gz has also been updated with the missing patch.

Here is a link to just the .exe: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download in case you don't want to download the whole thing again. Just replace your current warzone2100.exe with the one in the archive.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

p.s, yes, this works with the old 2.3.1 clients, it only fixes that ONE bug in SDL.
and it ends here.
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3.1a (windows only!) has been released.

Post by coolkid »

is this version online compatible with 2.3.1?
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yep. You can tell because we didn't update the Mac builds or tarball.
codybuff10
Rookie
Rookie

Post by codybuff10 »

Is there any way that you can include the world editor in a release of warzone 2100? Im trying to create my own maps and i cant because i cant find a download for the world editor :(
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

codybuff10 wrote:Is there any way that you can include the world editor in a release of warzone 2100? Im trying to create my own maps and i cant because i cant find a download for the world editor :(
It is one of the first post in mapping...
Edit World
flaME
Newblood
New user

Post by Newblood »

I need help someone.. i am new and i just downloaded the game but when i try to run the game it just says that a file is missing..

HELP! :!!!:
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Newblood wrote:I need help someone.. i am new and i just downloaded the game but when i try to run the game it just says that a file is missing..

HELP! :!!!:
Hi Newblood, you're asking for help in the wrong place buddy.

Try asking at the Help and Troubleshooting section.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Christheturtle
Trained
Trained

Post by Christheturtle »

Thank you for this fix.
General_Merk
New user

Post by General_Merk »

Thanks for the helpful update, new around these parts but I remember the game, one of my all time favorites, I was surprised that there was still a community out there that enjoyed this game as much as me.
Ender_7
Greenhorn

Post by Ender_7 »

So far so good.. ty for the update!
Cant Touch This!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Got a little bit of a puzzle here. If the 2.3.1a version is only for windows, then why does my download page show Latest stable version – 2.3.1a for Linux?

I am using Arch Linux. Also I can't seem to find the commands for the 2.3.1a version in the Linux Compile Guide. So I went ahead and compiled the 2.3 version.

Couldn't even find 2.3.1a in the source code branches.

Am I not looking in the right place? Please advice. :hmm:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Got a little bit of a puzzle here. If the 2.3.1a version is only for windows, then why does my download page show Latest stable version – 2.3.1a for Linux?
For Linux it lists the source, but that is also used to build the Windows version. The tarball for 2.3.1 didn't include a patch for SDL to fix that cursor thing, so the build I made had that error. So we fixed that in the 2.3.1 tag and remade the tarball and the Windows build.
Couldn't even find 2.3.1a in the source code branches
Since SVN doesn't really have tags, only branches, we didn't make a new tag for it. If you build a Windows build from the 2.3.1 tag from before the fix, it'll even include the SDL patch, since all that was missing was adding that to the tarball.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Thanks cybersphinx,

I compiled the 2.3 version using the instructions mentioned in the Linux Compile guide.
-- Ambrose Bierce
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

We also call it "2.3.1a" on Mac OS X, even though it's the exact same binary, so that people know they're getting the latest version.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Zarel wrote:We also call it "2.3.1a" on Mac OS X, even though it's the exact same binary, so that people know they're getting the latest version.
Oh well, I suppose that's a good enough reason to do that then.
-- Ambrose Bierce