warzone 2100 publicity

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Verin
Trained
Trained

Re: warzone 2100 publicity

Post by Verin »

I would love to make some vids, but my screen capture program -iShow HD only captures the screen behind the game...the desktop.
My multiplayer name is Verin
Usually in ideas and suggestions.
I Am also an ASE certified technician.
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

wait what? 100k+ people at least tried the game? so why isnt there a ton of games in the multiplayer lobby?!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

m1ndgames wrote:wait what? 100k+ people at least tried the game? so why isnt there a ton of games in the multiplayer lobby?!
Because tons of player can't host them... :stare:
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

hm.. :/
i dont know why, nat is so easy to configure on modern routers... should i write a guide for it?
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

that rough figure includes many versions so it is likely that there are repeat dl's plus there is several issues pertaining to online still, tho i might add the situations has improved 100x since the early open source release.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

i updated a communuity update to moddb and updated the warzone steam group among other things

p.s.zarel did you ever get a response from the old developers on the situation involving moddb profile.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yes, moddb profile is fixed now.
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

by any chance could i become a member of the moddb page?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

coolkid wrote:by any chance could i become a member of the moddb page?
I don't think it's possible, without you being a developer.
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

hmm that's too bad. Well I hope you can get most of the current warzone "offical dev" on the team on there so we don't run into the problem of having no one able to update the page fully in the future. Also i would still like to see the old version removed since people still seem to dl old versions of the game.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I don't think it's possible to remove old downloads. You could try asking ModDB?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

coolkid wrote:hmm that's too bad. Well I hope you can get most of the current warzone "offical dev" on the team on there so we don't run into the problem of having no one able to update the page fully in the future. Also i would still like to see the old version removed since people still seem to dl old versions of the game.
I dunno, I don't see any harm in letting someone else (besides "devs") to do the up-keeping on other web sites.
Of course, it wouldn't be just anybody, but, in this case, coolkid has pretty much proven he is a worthy person for this 'job'.
and it ends here.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Guys, check out this article,
Warzone2100 upgraded in Debian testing

And leave some good comments :wink:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:Guys, check out this article,
Warzone2100 upgraded in Debian testing

And leave some good comments :wink:
Thanks m1ndgames, looks like you took the trouble of leaving a comment there :D

:lecture:
Here's the thing, the more interest the public shows in WZ2100, the more reviews you will see from reviewers. So voice out your opinion guys :lecture:
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

:lecture:
A little reminder for all fellow forum members
Check it out fellas :)
-- Ambrose Bierce