Modding Warzone

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Tiger
Rookie
Rookie

Modding Warzone

Post by Tiger »

I'm sure this topic comes up every 5 seconds, but I recently downloaded and installed the Warzone 2100 Resurrection Project. I combed the internet, and found an Ultimate Mod Pack (http://worldforceclan.com/warzone2100/downloads.html). Now, forgive me, but how do I use said mods? From what I gather, I have to convert them to a different filetype. What program would I use to do that?

Sorry for such a n00by question.

EDIT: Note, I have tried sticking the files in every folder, from the "Mods" Folder in the WZ directory, to the user file folder in my home directory ("My DOcuments"). Nothing works.
Last edited by Tiger on 16 Jun 2007, 07:04, edited 1 time in total.
<3 Indirect fire weapons!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Modding Warzone

Post by lav_coyote25 »

first off you have to grab the wdg explorer and have it extract all the files and folders from the mod your wanting to convert.  then you need to go through and see if all the resources etc are there and in the proper formats etc. then you recompile that into your mod using rar or zip utility to compress .  you save it out to modname.wz - then you place that file into the mods folder.  i may have left out some steps ... i am not a coder, but i have done the documents project - and am still waiting for the rough draft of the docs for this.

here are the old docs - with some updates for the new versions.

wdgexplorer here
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 16 Jun 2007, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.