Multiplayer Async problem.

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Multiplayer Async problem.

Post by Terminator »

Today I tested Wz on my PC with laptop. (Comparing picture).
Main problem in MP is async so... some tips that can help.
What I saw:
- Units location works fine when players can't see enemy.
- When two Units see one & another seems good too (without "physical contact")
But One thing which asyncs the game is the "way" Unit chooses.... gateway or how is it calls?
Example: Unit1 driving to Unit2
> When Unit1 comes to Unit2 second one is like giving way for first & Go a little away(left or right)
> On PC of 1st Unit this "event" can be in two type 2nd Unit can go away LEFT or RIGHT. In my "experiment" this "event" gives an async as a result ! >:(  (wrong location of the Unit)

- I build 3 units for each side(on PC & on Laptop) & try to test how its will be in action. & I saw that this "event" (in example) in one group is often repeated! (& its just only 3 Units even not 100 :o ).
So in action this little groups after some clicks were in different places on each PC.

conclusion: this event like a chaos imposeing many times & in result MP just f**k up.  :(

P.S. I think I can make a little video to see this in your own eyes, if its needs.

Thanks

// EDIT (DevUrandom) Broke the lines down a bit.
Last edited by Terminator on 19 May 2007, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
SeriousToni
Greenhorn

Re: Multiplayer Async problem.

Post by SeriousToni »

I think I understand. Thank you for that experiment and your time you took for it, smart methode, good work on it Terminator! Couldn't be a way to solve this problem, if we change the code to a strict way for the units behavior of changing the place? I mean, instead of letting the unit randomly choose if it drives to the left or to the right on both computers, just change this to make the unit drive a little forward without any random stuff in it so that on each computer in the network game the unit must be on the same position.
Sorry for bad english, do you understand what I meant?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

..also I forget to tell one thing in multiplayer. Sometimes my unit's HP(health points) doesn't decrease (sometimes even no one shooting "him") & than just blow up(dies)(this happens with structures too). May be its causes by this "async" gliche ...but I thought that it must be written here too .
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

I had something similair happen in a MP test with a friend the other day.

We where sitting right next to eachother so I could very clearly see that the game was not in sync. Sometimes with aircraft the payload reaches the target on the host, but not the client (Don't know if it works the other way around)... the same happens with some ground units shooting.