Skirmish Content for Singleplayer Campaign?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Ragdollmaster
New user

Skirmish Content for Singleplayer Campaign?

Post by Ragdollmaster »

I apologize if this isn't in the right place, I'm fairly new here :P But onto my question: I've had some fun playing WZ the past two or three weeks, but one of the things I'd really like to do is a just-for-fun playthrough using cheats. I could barely wait to use my laser satellite and Archangel missiles on those weak Scavengers! Here's the problem, though; for some reason, using the cheat "Research All" doesn't give me all of the bodies. I'm missing several of them: the black set of Retaliation, Redemption, and Vengeance, along with the Wyvern and Dragon bodies. I'm also missing some weaponry, such as the Stormbringer, Heavy Laser, Plasma Cannon, EMP Cannon, and the like; and I'm missing some of the turrets, like the Wide Spectrum radar and the Heavy Repair turret. Finally, I don't have the Uplink Center/Laser Satellite CP, or any of the fortresses.

Essentially: I'm missing a lot of stuff in single player. I tried using the cheat "Give All" to rectify this, and while it did give me the Vengeance, Retaliation, and Redemption bodies, I didn't get any of the other turrets or structures. I was told that this could be fixed if I added all of the Skirmish/Multiplayer content as a mod to supplement the single-player Campaign mod, but frankly, I'm at a loss for where to start or how to do anything. I'd appreciate it if somebody could do that (as long as it isn't too much trouble) or if somebody could at least tell me how to do it myself. Thank you :)
Ragdollmaster
New user

Re: Skirmish Content for Singleplayer Campaign?

Post by Ragdollmaster »

Er... does anyone even remotely care about this, or am I just not wanted here :S Either way I guess I'll have to do this on my own, then.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Ragdollmaster wrote:Er... does anyone even remotely care about this, or am I just not wanted here :S Either way I guess I'll have to do this on my own, then.
I suggest you look at the wiki again, http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Cheats.

Everything you need to know is there.
And, don't forget, "WARRANTY VOID IF SEAL IS BROKEN!"
and it ends here.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Buginator wrote: Everything you need to know is there.
And, don't forget, "WARRANTY VOID IF SEAL IS BROKEN!"
He wants to get MP tech in Campaign.
Like this:
You've just got to get a copy of mp.wz (which is on your install folder's root) into mods/campaign, and configure the shortcut as usual to open it as a mod. Voilá! :)

Sorry I didn't see this before :P

I guess that this does it, if not please tell me.

~Olrox
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Wait, you can do that? The reason we don't already do that is because it crashes (and because it would involve a lot of rebalancing work). I wonder what changed. :|

Anyway, we are already planning on bringing multiplayer technology into the campaign at some future date.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:Wait, you can do that? The reason we don't already do that is because it crashes (and because it would involve a lot of rebalancing work). I wonder what changed. :|

Anyway, we are already planning on bringing multiplayer technology into the campaign at some future date.
After trying for some while I've discovered that it works, unless I've made something else that I can't remember, and it didn't crash for at least two hours of testing. After that, I've stopped testing - it didn't crash for me.

Of course, the "Warranty void if seal is broken" also applies for this situation, as for any modding - If the player is eager to get MP technology into the campaign, without caring about balance, that way I've mentioned works.

The problem with that is, you can't research things just like you do in MP, and some tech won't work (I believe that LasSat, and Auto Repair don't). Therefore, to get any actual MP tech, you must use cheat codes, which already say goodbye to balance and stability.

In case it wasn't clear - DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, ragdollmaster! :P

~Olrox
Ragdollmaster
New user

Post by Ragdollmaster »

Thanks for your response, I got it working after about a half hour of fiddling around :D
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Ragdollmaster wrote:Thanks for your response, I got it working after about a half hour of fiddling around :D
Good to know that, hope it doesn't crash - if it does, please tell us so that other members can know that this can indeed crash the game.

Oh, and you'll notice that the normal transporter is replaced by the cyborg transporter model (you can change that by modding), but that doesn't affect the gameplay in any way: Loading units is just as you would with the regular transporter, sending it off is the same, etc..

~Olrox
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

I'm planning to add some of multiplayer content in the future Warzone Hardcore V3.0 as prizes when you finish a research in a determined mission... when i finish W2120 first :stare: :ninja:

BP
evgen_yo
New user

Post by evgen_yo »

It is simple enough to add some multiplayer reseach in campaign and modify it. If it'll be needed I'll try to post some kind of manual. As for me I've added in campaign Plasma cannon, Twin assault gun, Twin hiper velocity cannon, Incedeniary howitzer and mortar, Autorepair, Wide-spectrum, Wivern and Dragon bodies. And at last I used a .pie of one of the bodies posted at this forum to make a 3-turret body and implement it in campaign :twisted: Though I managed the time of their appearing with some balance (they appear in campaigns 2 and 3 as a result of some reseaches: Vengeance, Assault cannon, Heavy laser and etc.) the balance now upsets me even with the hard campaign mode :( .
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Heh, i love how the fortress colors keep changing in the campaign ^_^,its lovely but its get boring after a while!. oh and wide spectrum is just own the whole campaign.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Joatlee
New user

Post by Joatlee »

Hi! Awesome Project you have here!
First post... registered to report a bug, thought I might as well just write something too. :3

I'm playing for the nth time through the campaign, but this time with a simple mod that copies unit and structure stats over from skirmish to the campaign.

I'm almost finished (just escaped the underground blast) and wanted to share some feedback: while it does feel good that cannons are no longer almost useless, it is evident that the campaign enemies are painfully unprepared to face those cannons: 10 of them were enough to steamroll every alpha and beta mission, with just the help of a few repair tanks between fights. Didn't even lose one.

Nexus is an exception to this slaughter, but Hellstorms still make short work of its defences, just like in the original campaign. :ninja:

P.S. I didn't get crashes, but it should be said I'm not using mp.wz as a mod: I manually copied the stats using Notepad++ (and hopefully didn't miss any).
Attachments
mpbalanceinsp.wz
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 254 times