Universal Features?

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Olrox
Art contributor

Universal Features?

Post by Olrox »

I've found that this was already applied for the trunk, as noted in ticket #872.
Is there any hope that we can have this applied for the next beta releases? I don't know what changes were necessary to make the features load the right texture pages no matter what is the tileset of the map they were placed on, but it'd be great to have this in the nextreleases.

For example, if you place a building from the urban tileset in the rockies tileset, they'll use the rockies features texpage, what makes them look weird, as depicted in the attached images on ticket #444.

If there was a patch for version 2.1, I wonder why 2.3 still has the same limitation :hmm:
I'll be really grateful if someone could take a look at it. Thanks!

~Olrox
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Universal Features?

Post by Olrox »

:hmm:
Did any dev/artist see this?
Please let me know wether it'll happen or not - It'll allow/disallow some things I'm trying to do in TLR. I just need to know if it'll take too much more time for it to happen. Thanks.

~Olrox
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

It probably won't happen in 2.3.0. No idea about 2.3.1 - you'll have to ask Per.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Hmm, Per doesn't take PMs - I guess I'll have to wait some time. Per is probably already angry at me because I've also asked him those scav scripts enchancements, and that was mainly because of TLR as well :P

But I think that it'll be great for every other map as well, otherwise I would try to make a map/mod and stick to it :3

Thanks for the quick reply!

~Olrox
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I don't want to put anything more into 2.3.0 at this point, but adding the new scav script and the universal feature change into 2.3.1 is ok by me. Hopefully 2.3.1 won't take 5 months and 12 betas... :stressed:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Per wrote:I don't want to put anything more into 2.3.0 at this point, but adding the new scav script and the universal feature change into 2.3.1 is ok by me. Hopefully 2.3.1 won't take 5 months and 12 betas... :stressed:
Ok, then. I'll stick to tileset-specific features, and make the possible modifications to my work as soon as at least the running betas support this. But I'm glad to know this will possibly be on 2.3.1, thank for your answers :D

Hmm, I've just remembered, I still own you a decent bridge feature :P
I still have to install my CAD softwares in my new PC... Where are those install disks, again? (hopefully there won't be any scratches :hmm: )

~Olrox
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Almost 2 years ago, Mysteryem has made a small mod which fixes that issue :D : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2435&p=23731&hilit ... Mod#p23662

I hope that fix can be enabled in later releases too :wink:

Regards BP
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Black Project wrote:Almost 2 years ago, Mysteryem has made a small mod which fixes that issue :D : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2435&p=23731&hilit ... Mod#p23662

I hope that fix can be enabled in later releases too :wink:

Regards BP
Yep, I knew that - but in the current state of the mod system, it's not a good idea to make multiplayer maps in a mod-dependant manner. Hence my preocupation in mentioning the ticket and remembering the possibility to apply these changes to the next versions :)

~Olrox