Help on Alpha 7?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
reid
Greenhorn

Help on Alpha 7?

Post by reid »

Hi.  I just found out about this game, and it's very impressive.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty lousy at it.  At the moment, I barely got through Alpha 6, what with those obnoxious transports dropping waves of units with some sort of upgraded weapons at the end.  But at least I did it!  Now I'm a bit confused about 7; the walkthrough seems to imply that if I can just hold out, I win and move on; but every time the clock expires, the mission is failed.  It seems like I should be finding an artifact, but I've looked around and not found anything.  Can anyone give me a little guidance on this one?

By the way, are others able to actually build up experienced units?  It seems like I build up an army big enough to take care of business, but the individual units don't last very long.  They get blasted to bits by these high-powered enemy units, and even if I tell them to run away after a certain amount of damage, they never seem to make it in time.  I keep cranking out new units to replace the fallen, but that's not a recipe for veterans.  (As I mentioned, I'm not very good at this.)

Thanks,
reid
jamesdean
Greenhorn

Re: Help on Alpha 7?

Post by jamesdean »

same with me....I've upgraded to version 2.06, still can not solve the problem...always failed as the game mentioning" find a removed
artcraft"......maybe a bug?
jamesdean
Greenhorn

Post by jamesdean »

now I'm fed up with this......I've tried more than 10 times....searched all over the map, no reachable shadows left...I even cleared all
the civillian's house & crashed-cars.....more funny experience...when "mission failed" and timeclock goes to 00:00, there's only a "continue the game" banner left ....and I found that I can still running the game & control my forces!!!!

Help me my warzone god!
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

I'd use cheats to get to the next level. You won't miss any artifacts in this mission and since you ve searched all since the only thing you would normally have to do is kill some enemy units you also won't miss storyline and stuff.
reid
Greenhorn

Post by reid »

I somehow finished the level and moved on (several days ago).  It was sudden; I was playing along, and next thing I know it says I did it.  I didn't find any artifacts.  My hunch is that maybe I destroyed all the enemies in time?  Like someone else said, if you can't get it, use a cheat to move to the next one.
jamesdean
Greenhorn

Post by jamesdean »

>:( >:( >:(
i've also tried in cheat mode...but only some code works while some do not-like "show me the power"&"hallo mein schatz(the said
code to skip to next mission"....when trying & trying to pass mission 7, I found that the computer's reaction were different in each
try....such as once yesterday, the computer only transported 2 groups to the plateau....what an intersting & frustrating version 2.06
to me!!! ??? ???

what's your code to skip mission,buddy? Tell me...
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

apparently the "hallo mein schatz" cheat has been changed to "let me win" in 2.0.6. You can find all the other up to date cheats here : http://wz2100.net/wiki/cheats
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

You may want to check out the walkthrough on lav's site if you are stuck: http://members.shaw.ca/kgmetcalfe/walk% ... index.html
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Per wrote: You may want to check out the walkthrough on lav's site if you are stuck: http://members.shaw.ca/kgmetcalfe/walk% ... index.html
That's right but since more people have reported it, it might be a bug or something. I also had trouble with that mission when i first played it 8 years ago or something, but i think these people know what they're doing and aren't just stuck cause they can't find some enemy units.
reid
Greenhorn

Post by reid »

Hatsjoe wrote: That's right but since more people have reported it, it might be a bug or something. I also had trouble with that mission when i first played it 8 years ago or something, but i think these people know what they're doing and aren't just stuck cause they can't find some enemy units.
The confusing thing is that the mission objective notes implied that you need to find an artifact to finish.  That doesn't seem to be the case, and in fact the walkthrough correctly doesn't mention one.  I'd say the instructions should remove that part and be clearer about what you DO need to do, like destroy all enemy units.  But I'm already up to Gamma 2, so I've moved on.  (Did I mention it's a great game?)