2.3 Beta 11a is released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

2.3 Beta 11a is released!

Post by Buginator »

After a slight hiccup with beta 11, we now bring you Beta 11a.

More bugs were squashed, multiplayer sync improvements and for more information, see the changelog

Note 1: Don't panic if your stderr.txt file is big. LOG_NET is forced on, you can't turn this off.
This is to help us find issues with the socket code. If you have crashes, then please upload the stderr.txt and the crash dump (warzone2100.rpt) to here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket

Mac people, you need to open Console.app (can be found in the Utilities folder), then search within the log for wz2100, and copy & paste the messages into a ticket, the same with your crash dumps.

Note 2: Yes, there are balance changes in this release. Try them out, and give us feedback on the changes!

Remember to give us feedback, since this should be the last beta before we do at least one release candidate.

Thanks again for all your help in testing this build!

Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: 2.3 Beta 11a is released!

Post by Buginator »

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ChangeLog:

2010-02-26: Version 2.3 beta 11a
  • General:
    • Change: Display time and level name in release builds now
    • Change: add 'logs' directory in config dir to store all netplay logs. (r9779, ticket:1564)
    • Change: Use -fstack-protector if available (r9940)
    • Fix: NSIS updates (r9764, r9907, r10017)
    • Fix: Only drop artifacts on a fully built factory (r9795, r9787, ticket:1574)
    • Fix: Multiple cross build system fixes (r9870-r9878, r9899, r10020)
    • Fix: Do not update the orientation of flying droids with respect to the ground. (r10022)
  • UI:
    • New: Add MessageBox support on systems that have Motif (r9814, ticket:1569)
  • Gameplay:
    • Change: Commanders now work the same way in skirmish and campaign (r9941, ticket:1612)
    • Fix: Power generator output should now always be correct (r9891, r9894, ticket:1469)
    • Fix: Trucks could instantly repair structures (r9776)
  • Campaign:
    • Fix: Commanders could have more than the maximum number of units assigned (r9941)
  • Skirmish:
    • Fix: Add back missing cyborg mechanic, thermite and grenadier (r9750, ticket:1607)
    • Fix: Stop AI from building VTOL factory before it is researched (r9713)
    • Fix: Stop giving a massive power bonus to autogame AI players (r9720)
  • Balance: (r9946)
    • Oil derricks are no longer limited (r9698)
    • Cannons and rails have their original 1.10 HP levels restored.
    • Heavy Cannon was moved later-game
    • Assault Cannon, Twin Assault Cannon, and Hyper Velocity Cannon were moved earlier-game (and rebalanced accordingly)
    • Assault Cannon, Twin Assault Cannon, were made lighter
    • Hyper Velocity Cannon can now hit air units, penetrate units, and is lighter, but reloads more slowly and has less HP. It no longer replaces Medium Cannon
    • Plasma Cannon has been made into a cannon (prereqs: HPV + Inferno + DSLDA3), and has been rebalanced accordingly.
    • Cannons, rails, mortars, and howitzers have their splash damage increased.
    • Ripples and Archies have been nerfed.
    • Lancer has had its damage slightly nerfed. A full lancer rebalance is planned for later.
    • Analogous changes have been done to the corresponding cyborgs and VTOL weapons, as well.
  • Multiplayer:
    • Change: Display map transfer progress, for the host, for each player (r9838)
    • Fix: When player drops, do not remove their oil resources (r9768, ticket:1558)
    • Fix: Fix kicking when host would change limits while hosting a game (r9824, ticket:1577)
    • Fix: When a player drops, abort the map transfer (r9838)
    • Fix: Fix game going out of sync when some Alt key combinations were used (r9840, ticket:1474)
    • Fix: Remove disabled players from the map when scavengers are turned on (r9724)
    • Fix: When player aborts file transfers, close the old filehandle. (r9923)
    • Fix: When player is forced to drop, don't strand them in the lobby. (r9924)
    • Fix: Try to fix all SIGPIPE and SIGBUS issues on linux (r9915-r9918, r9954, r9885, ticket:1136)
    • Fix: Some droids were not showing up as destroyed on all players' screens (r9944)
    • Fix: Add a 1s delay between sending a quit message, and closing the socket (r9984)
    • Fix: On player join, send stats from other players to them (r9993)
    • Fix: On player quit, close things down and cleanup correctly (r10004)
    • Fix: On host quit in buffer fill routine, then exit out into lobby with correct error message. (r10003)
  • Mods:
    • New: DyDo-AI added to bundled mods (r9901)
    • Fix: Update NTW to work with new template system and other various fixes (r9773, r9910)
    • Removed: Aivolution removed from bundled mods (r9752)
  • Translations:
    • Fix: Make more strings translatable (r9758)
    • Updated: Spanish (r9759, r9828), Brazilian (r9829), Ukrainian (r9830), German (r9831, r9331), Croatian (r9883), Polish (r9933)
crux
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3 special testing build now available!

Post by crux »

we didn't have enough people to play a 8p game but for 4p the sync issues are worse than beta 10.
it started out with the units doing different things on different machines.

we played 2 games with beta 10 and 2 games with this version and we think beta 10 is better for sync but crashes when people disconnect.

in this build, why the drastic changes to the cannons? They can shoot down VTOLs now?
Last edited by Buginator on 07 Mar 2010, 03:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: (clarifying) topic moved from old thread
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Footnote: NTW isn't fixed 100% in this release, but it should be fixed in the repo shortly.
Delphinio
Art contributor

NTW Bug Fix

Post by Delphinio »

Last edited by Delphinio on 31 Mar 2010, 16:10, edited 4 times in total.
ODDity
Trained
Trained

Post by ODDity »

Many thanks for this, I will be trying it out with friends ASAP.

Quick question, will it be using the same directory I have in linux as ~/.warzone2100-2.3 i.e. where I put sequences.wz and my saved games go?

If that is the case would it be beneficial to have these releases use their own "home" directories - like ~/.warzone2100-2.3b11a or some such or don't I need to worry about it.

Thanks for all the great work, it's an awesome game.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

ODDity wrote:Quick question, will it be using the same directory I have in linux as ~/.warzone2100-2.3 i.e. where I put sequences.wz and my saved games go?
Yes.
ODDity wrote:If that is the case would it be beneficial to have these releases use their own "home" directories - like ~/.warzone2100-2.3b11a or some such or don't I need to worry about it.
Why? It seems to me that it would be fine to just let them share a config directory.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Why? It seems to me that it would be fine to just let them share a config directory.
I have the same opinion, I prefer this than moving all the files again and again to the a new config dir manually...
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Tested, after playing 3 minutes... I noticed another bug... "Locked Teams" doesn't work... Or at least, my allies doesn't appear as allies...

It also swapped my keyboard layout on some of my apps, now I have the same wrong layout on msn and IRC...
Keyboard layout on chat window is wrong, it doesn't adapt to other countries' keyboards!

Please, tell me how to solve my problem with the keyboard layout... (I want it back on Spanish layout for my msn and IRC clients!!!)

I'm not going to touch this Beta anymore... I'll wait until b12 comes... I think you should make better taking back from Beta10 and starting again from there on... At least b10 was less buggy...
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Saberuneko wrote:Tested, after playing 3 minutes... I noticed another bug... "Locked Teams" doesn't work... Or at least, my allies doesn't appear as allies...
That seems to work fine here. Tested both in single player and multiplayer skirmish. Can you give more details?
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

there is a mistake with beta version in News "2.3 Beta 10 has been released. Please help test this version." or I dont know how should it be .
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I still have problems with cyborgs' legs walking around without their bodies.
wz2100_shot_004.png
wz2100_shot_004.png (172.81 KiB) Viewed 21642 times
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

hao wrote:I still have problems with cyborgs' legs walking around without their bodies.
Anyone see any pattern to this bug? I've never seen it, and I have no idea how to begin debugging it... :(
Michal
Trained
Trained

Post by Michal »

My friend just hosted a 2v2 game. He played with a guy with ping 44, so not laggy. Host had a wall standing, 10 enemy tanks were approaching. Then they dissappeared, and appeared on the other side of the wall. Defence breached, end of the game.
Lag is probably out of question, as there were no players with ping >100. So it was either cheat or sync issue or Something Strange Totally Out Of Space :)