Road Warrior

For challenge discussions and reports
3drts
Trained
Trained

Road Warrior

Post by 3drts »

I am thinking an 8 player map, with the desert tile set, T-1 start, Advanced bases, against one or two AIs set to hard, also with advanced bases(preferably with a NP or collective HQ, to differentiate things).
5-6 of the other player slots are occupied by 5-6 scavenger bases (all scavengers Allied), once again set to "hard" (such that they get free money to make units), as well as outposts all over the place (occupying all oil).

Basically, like the back to basics challenge, but with a much larger and threatening "scavenger infestation"

I loved those Alpha mission maps after getting medium bodies, where the scavengers became an annoyance, rather than a threat.... I only wish scavengers had cropped up in the other campaigns - like a base in a corner opposite the main objective, or some small enclave hiding from Nexus/the collective - presumably those factions wouldn't be as friendly to scavengers (they are not "part of the machine", or are "weak flesh things")
Mats
Trained
Trained

Re: Road Warrior

Post by Mats »

Two AIs set to hard would probably be better... One AI seems to be easily overran. This sounds like a very interesting idea 3drts!
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

sigh, do ppl not read thread titles?
there is a place for ideas, your gonna mess up the nice tidy challenges area =p
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

This is the place for challenge ideas.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

Assault Gunner wrote:This is the place for challenge ideas.
almost...
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4422
is the right place ;)