2.3 Beta 10 is released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: 2.3 Beta 10 is released!

Post by KukY »

Mabsterone wrote:No, try to attack against someone who just got a handfull of ripples ( wich are pretty early avail ) or mrl ( minirok battery ) tanks, you have no chance.

I dont say rockets are too strong, i just say that the rocket tec tree covers the whole game and dominates 90% of it, from t1 to endgame.
There are no alternatives accept early rush against rocket players, even if youmanage to get an adavantage in engery while playing. All other tec trees are wasted energy and time, because you dont get one single point in the game where you get an advantage over the rocket tec that is availabe at that point.

As said above, there needs to be an endgame dominant tec, no problem with that. Whati dont understand is the point, that its the end of a tec tree wich rules the battlefiel anyway most of the time.
As I said:
KukY wrote:There is a way to handle everything.
And, rockets aren't 90% of tech tree. Including all missiles, artillery and SAMs, they maybe take 40%.

Ripples aren't so hard to beat. Send a single unit, all Ripples shoot at it, you take your attack force in and destroy Ripples before thhey reload again!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, it's a valid argument. Rockets have always been a bit on the strong side, despite all the nerfing I've applied to them.

Are you sure cannons are still too weak, though?
Mabsterone
Trained
Trained

Post by Mabsterone »

@kuky:Sorry you dont understand what i say. DOnt want to expalain it again, please, just read my posts again and try to understand what i try to point out.

@zarel: i will test
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Your problem is not related to the strongness or weakness of technologies. It is heavy related to a gameplay where you haven´t to worry about low oil. If you are "cheating" the game by using a map with a horrible big amount of oil you should not wonder about balancing issues. Searching for and holding oil derricks is a important part of the Warzone game, so if you play it that way you would probably have a very different gaming experience...
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

themac wrote:Searching for and holding oil derricks is a important part of the Warzone game
This is all you ever say it is important when playing low oil but there is also high oil maps they are both a part of warzone so stop complaining about to much oil. There would be not point to the large tech tree if all maps had 4 oil derricks since it would take 5 hours to get to gauss and so on.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

You cut off a part of the game and then say: "Hey, that feels strange to me!"!? O.o
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

themac wrote:You cut off a part of the game and then say: "Hey, that feels strange to me!"!? O.o
I agree with Daltx on this one.
Sledge
New user

Post by Sledge »

Per wrote:Note that savegame compatibility in skirmish has been broken again in this beta. Campaign savegames should work fine.
Does your beta8 trunkai still work with this beta? Or is it already included?
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

lol fail, Ai's never build twin turret templates!! XD

they always use like only 20 of the full over 9000 templates list DX

i'v seen it thanks to debug menu ;)
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

when people host games with mods it is tedious to quit game and restart it again with that mod and hope the game is still listed in the lobby.
when you use the autoload directory then you must remove the mod from that directory to play no mod games.

how about a in-game toggle to turn off the mods in autoload?
for example you have mods in autoload but lobby game has no mods, then the game should turn off your mods in autoload to allow you to join the no mod game.
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

re: multiplayer sync improvements

in a game, my units were next to a oil resource and I moved the view to my base to select a few more unit to reinforce the other units.
when I moved the view back to the first units they have been moved about 2 tiles away. O_o
the guy I was playing against wasn't near them, he was on the other side of the map.
what made the units move??
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

I love you devs! Thanks for another beta... I've tested some singleplayer today. All seems to work purrfectly. :3
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Sledge wrote:Does your beta8 trunkai still work with this beta? Or is it already included?
It is included.
Mabsterone
Trained
Trained

Post by Mabsterone »

themac wrote:You cut off a part of the game and then say: "Hey, that feels strange to me!"!? O.o
erm..what has the amount of oil/energy avail to do with tec-comparison testing ?

The problem is alwasy the same, only difference is the time you need to test, it depends on the amount of energy you gain.
I honestly dont understand your comment, sorry.
Tec comparison testing can only be done on high power maps, where it is not interferred with the search/capture/defence of oil rigs.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

2.3beta10: In skirmish games human player does not have cyborg engineers. Anyone else noticed this? i see few tickets have been opened in the past and are closed now.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).