basic/ advance artist

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
tracureK
Greenhorn

basic/ advance artist

Post by tracureK »

hey everyone, atm in time i have designed meny different things thoughout my course at school. since i have left there for a good 2 years now i havent dont much in the way of design and artwork since then. i just want to know what kind of ideas people have even if there crazy and i will have ago at putting something together for it.

my basic designs for things will be produced with paint O_O , dont worry i have multipal hours work with paint and can achually put a decent job together on there. then i will put them up and let people decide from each collection which they would like to see GM'd (graphicly modifide) on both an achual warzone map and in a high style photoshoppy thing . so anything is welcome, just get thinking
:)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: basic/ advance artist

Post by Zarel »

Why MS Paint?

If you don't have or can't afford Photoshop:

You should at least be using Paint.NET: http://www.getpaint.net/
GIMP also works decently: http://www.gimp.org/
(Both are free)

Also, can you post an example of your work?
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Does Paint have transparency?
I use gimp Its a free program and not too shabby results.
tracureK
Greenhorn

Post by tracureK »

i use paint first for the basic designs of things. its plain and simple to use, but at the same time can add great detail if you know what to do with it. i do have photoshop for ideas i think should/will work. so that way i dont spends age's on photoshop making things which arnt possible, i can rundown on paint, display on here via the basic version and then ones which intrest people i can select and go on with photoshop

and ok for the sample, i will shop a paint,photoshop and WZ in game possibility for next monday of a basic missle launcher of my own design
tracureK
Greenhorn

Post by tracureK »

Berg wrote:Does Paint have transparency?
I use gimp Its a free program and not too shabby results.
the new Windows 7 version does, been upgraded quite alot
tracureK
Greenhorn

Post by tracureK »

ok hears a basic rundown of the truck idea i came across (also my submission for the new idea of the truck
Attachments
truck basics.png
tracureK
Greenhorn

Post by tracureK »

f
Attachments
also there is this which i did aswell today (this is not the missle design which is due for monday)
also there is this which i did aswell today (this is not the missle design which is due for monday)
missle test.png (54.72 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Are you kidding? :stressed: xD xD
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

so that way i dont spends age's on photoshop making things which arnt possible
wtf! O_O i can't believe it.. MS Paint vs Photoshop/GIMP is just .. ridiculous xD don't take me wrong.. because in gimp you can do everything you can do in paint + 1000 other things.

source of ideas:
http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Artwork_wanted (or check out this forum ;-) of course)