Scavenger Mod

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
eyestrain92
Trained
Trained

Scavenger Mod

Post by eyestrain92 »

Pre 2.0 Warzone had a mod that allowed you to use only scavenger unit bodies with whatever weap you put on it, and scav structs. I just want to start with instead of like, flamer and hardcretes, you only the ability to build you know, basic scavenger stuff (+ A research center of course), with the scav unit models as the only chassis until you research more advanced ones, (and don't get overwritten, because an endgame flying schoolbus would be funny to see XD)
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Scavenger Mod

Post by Watermelon »

eyestrain92 wrote: Pre 2.0 Warzone had a mod that allowed you to use only scavenger unit bodies with whatever weap you put on it, and scav structs. I just want to start with instead of like, flamer and hardcretes, you only the ability to build you know, basic scavenger stuff (+ A research center of course), with the scav unit models as the only chassis until you research more advanced ones, (and don't get overwritten, because an endgame flying schoolbus would be funny to see XD)
I am looking into the possibilities to add factions to warzone,currently I had two 'test' factions 'the project' and 'the collective' working with different pre-built templates(different body,weapon and propulsion) and choose-faction interface running,though the arbitrary starting units/structures imposed by the source/script/map seem to be the major obstacle to implementing factions with their own sets of buildings,units and such.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

Mod for Warzone 2100 1.10 attached.

Hf with it :D
Attachments
scavengermod.tar.gz
(233.24 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
SgtBob
Greenhorn

Post by SgtBob »

for 2.0.10??
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

no 1.10 but someone can convert it : ).
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

viewtopic.php?t=1284

someone posted a scavanger mod there, i havent tried that though.
SgtBob
Greenhorn

Post by SgtBob »

i would be happy if someone could convert it for me because im new at this stuff and i dont even know how to mod.

I'd appreciate it if some one could do it
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

well, i tryed it but its not so easy as i thought.
the best is if u get the ori. 1.10 version and start it over gamespy.
Warzone direct link
>
1.10 patch direct link
>

// Edit: Please see: ?topic=1606.msg15602#msg15602
Last edited by Kamaze on 18 Apr 2008, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

I think there is no discussion needed about the first link, or?
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

ya, ok.
then klick the main page... u will find it.
Slazer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slazer »

eh i really hope that if the old scavanger mod cant be converted that someone can make a new full scavanger mod that includes EVERYTHING the scavangers have (buildings such as the factory the towers and walls ect its units and its vehicles) ;D
Warzone 2100: Heaven On a cluster of Electronic Circuits
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Well one of the first problems is that you need some kind of BUILDER vehicle, sorry but the dump truck just dont cut it for Scavs. This was more a less a goal of mine when this game first came out, and had one of the first Scav mods out there, but at the time not much could be done back then, I always felt would be a good game call Warzone the Prequel.
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

if the scaveners will become a fraction, then for the balance are here some points enlisted:

-Scavs will gain power from desroyed/damaged vehicles

-they have cheap scrappy vehicles

-as for trucks, i'd say that normal infantry(or cyborg engineer) will have a portale building device 5 infantry are as effective as a truck (could come in handy if infantry come in squads)

-when the enginering breakthrough is availible, the truck will be availible to add on scav-bodies(firetruck etc)

-when nexus link is there, squads can hen infiltrate enemy buildings and make them to their side (won't be easy to get into a building....)

-all research time will be halved

-the only aircraft they can make will be zeppelins or so (zeppelins will be slow, medium armor, no need to re-arm

-the only chance to get heavy vehicles is to capture a enemy factory...

-maybe the should have the abillity to have camouflaged units(they have to be the "Hit and run" and unitspam fraction)

but i think if there will come more fractions (the collective, nexus etc) it will be very difficul to balance..
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

If (when!) there is a Scavenger faction for Warzone, I would look at the GLA in C&C Generals for inspiration. They were made with clear focus on asymmetric warfare in mind, and that works quite well. Scavenger strength should be in unusual weaponry (eg explosives), stealth, deception, and speed. Having any kind of aircraft for scavengers would be very wrong, IMHO.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Well I always felt Scavs vs Cyborgs would be a good match up in battle, also a Tow Truck would make a good Engineer for the Scavs, with a few good City maps you got yourself a nice little game. I would keep Tech to basic T1 and early T2 for Borgs, and some kind of HVC for Scav vehicles, and a early stage Guass rife for Infantry for end stages of Tech.

I know there is a lot of work thats being done on the whole game, but I have not seen much for taking the core game, and making something different with it. How hard would it be to make a Tech tree of about 25-30 items for each side, and give them 4-7 maps for Multiplayers. From my POV if you keep everything simple we could have a working copy faster then if you throw in the whole damn tech tree.

We all know the higher lvls of tech need to be rebalanced the best way to do that would be to start from the early stages of the game, and give at lest 2 factions to fight against each other. One of the main problems I saw when I was working with others in NEWST and P2 was that we were trying to balance out the whole tech tree, and it was a major task to try and test all weapons out, and every now and then something got thru that was over powered or broken to the point it was not fair.  Not only that but some weapons like the Mini-Pod's were totaly useless by the time you got to T3 even tho you still have to research upgrades for Archies, hell if you think about it Mini-Pods were junk by the time you got out of T1.

Anyways this could be a good little project that should not take long to do, and we could expand to it, as time goes by.

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo