Translation discussion

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Re: Translation announcements / coordination

Post by Saberuneko »

I just finished reviewing the spanish translation, I corrected minor errors and completed some untranslated parts. ^^

How can I attach the file?

EDIT: Sorry, I already found how-to **blush**
Attachments
Spanish.txt
Spanish translation reviewed.
(463.87 KiB) Downloaded 449 times
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Saberuneko wrote:I just finished reviewing the spanish translation, I corrected minor errors and completed some untranslated parts. ^^
Applied, thanks. Though your file had a few problems, like split lines, and it looks like you didn't remove the fuzzy attribute from corrected translations (so the translation won't be shown).
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Oh, sorry... Can make that little thing for me? Or shall I do it later?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

I don't touch any of the actual translations, except to make them work (like changing "$u" to "%u"). I can't judge if a translation is correct, so I don't touch the fuzzy attribute. If it's correct, remove it, and send the fixed version (from current SVN).
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Ok, I'm on it. I'll post after finished, hope I don't leave any error. :/ I'll try to check as better as possible. :3

Thank you for making me re-check, I just found some more things I just didn't noticed before (wrong unit names near the end of the file) I'm making a third check at the file.

EDIT: Whoa!! I just took a look at all those #, fussy unit names, near 90% of them need to be corrected... This is going to take me lot more than I thought. I'll work as hard as possible, I promise, but give me time...
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Here it is! I will give it another go on the next days, I'm sure that some small things could be still wrong. But, well... I've corrected everything I could. ^^ #, Fussy & Divided lines corrected, most of the unit names corrected, I will revise everything deeply and upload another update if necessary.

Does anyone else here know Spanish for testing?
Attachments
Spanish.txt
Reviewed Spanish Translation #2
(461.78 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Updated, thanks. There were still a few errors in the file, you could use poedit, that prevents those.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Oh! Okay, this is going to help me very much... One last thing, I just posted it here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4546 because I didn't read this one, I'm experiencing some problems. I explained there, will I experience this ones using Poedit?
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

cybersphinx wrote:Updated, thanks. There were still a few errors in the file, you could use poedit, that prevents those.
Sorry... I've been looking for information for like 3 hours, and I still don't know how to INSTALL it... I think this thing is just impossible for me...

I just ran the installer, then found some instructions that said that I had to install the instalation??? I don't find any way to start it... What I'm doing wrong? I've read the instructions over 10 times and I don't get it...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Use this installer: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/poed ... -setup.exe

That should be all that's needed.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Thank You very much... I just couldn't do anything until you gave me this one... Maybe some note on the documentation would help a little, I just got 100% lost when just trying to install it... The explanation just made me think that PoEdit is a module of wxWidgets, so I installed wxWidgets... But I still couldn't install it because after running the installer I just got something saved and then found some instructions refering me to another different instructions that basically said that I had to install the installation... WTF was that??? I'm just too curious...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yes, open-source software usually doesn't make it very clear how to install things on Windows/Mac. Fortunately, more popular software such as Warzone doesn't have that problem.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

I didn't think the poedit site was difficult to navigate - click download, click Windows version, click the exe, maybe click download now, click run, click next a few times.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Hmm... can I install it in my linux in a easier way? (I have dual boot WinXP/Ubuntu)
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Translation discussion

Post by cybersphinx »

apt-get install poedit