Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

2.3 Beta 7 released!

Post by cybersphinx »

New Beta, one day later than planned.

Changes:
Oil wells are no longer always shown, to prevent leaking information about enemy expansion. Network sync was reverted to the state of Beta 4. For the other changes, see the detailed changelog below.

Savegames from Beta 6 should still work; for multiplayer, all players need to use Beta 7.

The Windows installer for this release was built on a different system than those up to Beta 4, please report any irregularities. If your virus scanner complains about it, please report it to the maker as a false positive (and tell us, so we can report it to them as well). The installer is cross-compiled on a Linux system, the hosting is done on Linux, the file never even touched a Windows system before the download.

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page.

Detailed Changelog:
2010-01-11: Version 2.3 beta 7
  • General:
    • Change: No longer always show all oil derricks in skirmish since it was leaking too much information about where the enemy expands (ticket:1087, r9060)
    • Fix: Some challenges placed players on the wrong positions (r9057)
    • Fix: Tutorial could not be finished (r9034, ticket:1361)
    • Fix: Tutorial / Fast Play works again (r9029)
    • Fix: Fog of War now shown in all radar modes (r9059)
    • Fix: Messages sent to allies no longer appear twice (r9055)
    • Fix: Audio queue not being cleared properly (r9107, ticket:1391)
    • Fix: Incendiary weapon fire could appear in the wrong place (r9126)
    • Fix: Various bugs and crashes (r9069, r9063, r9053, r9042, r9048, r9095, r9098, r9108, ticket:1383, r9113, ticket:1334, r9129)
  • Gameplay:
    • Change: Sensor tanks now target automatically. (r9105, ticket:1392)
    • Change: Power now limited to 100000 (r9073)
    • Fix: Transporters didn't fly to delivery point (r9066)
  • Multiplayer:
    • Change: Allow host to choose teams for any player (r9094)
    • Change: Revert outgoing traffic shaping again (r9134)
    • Fix: Do not allow kicks to be ignored (r9064, ticket:1375)
    • Fix: Revert new sync code to fix sync issues (r9043, r9044)
    • Fix: Make sure beacons are only seen by those who should (r9083, ticket:1250)
  • Translations:
    • New: Ukrainian (r9040)
    • Updated: German (r9072), Estonian (r9079)
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3 Beta 7 released!

Post by XboxJosh »

I didn't notice it in the changelog, is someone working on getting the Satellite Uplink Center to work with the new fog of war?

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

1. The website still says that the latest beta is beta 6 (in the header).
2. o_O, just noticed a game in the lobby: 2.3 beta 9 with 16 players O_o :ninja: xD
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Controls disappear all the time (in skirmish at least) and I can't figure out how to turn them back on.
(I mean this hexagonal menu dock with 7 buttons ... or how do you call it?)

(oh well ... created a ticket for this)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

XboxJosh wrote:I didn't notice it in the changelog, is someone working on getting the Satellite Uplink Center to work with the new fog of war?
Nope. It'll stay the way it currently is.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

XboxJosh wrote:I didn't notice it in the changelog, is someone working on getting the Satellite Uplink Center to work with the new fog of war?
How do you think it should work?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Per wrote:
How do you think it should work?
What about Distance Fog?
It won't show anything then, it can only work as WS Sensor.
It should reveal whole map.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:What about Distance Fog?
That is exactly what it does. It has not been changed. It shows the whole map, all structures, and all droids, but it does not help target anything for you. Due to the limited range within which weapon turrets can search for targets, it would appear that they cannot shoot at things that the Uplink reveals, but they can. They just need some help :)

I agree that the Uplink is not very well designed, and it can also slow the system down since you have to draw a lot more stuff. I am open to new ideas.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:What about Distance Fog?
...what do you mean? The Uplink Center still shows everything. It just doesn't light up anything beyond its WSS radius. Doesn't make much of a difference now, but once we add a more complex sensor model, it'll make sense why the dark areas are still dark.

Although I suppose we're not planning on adding a more complex sensor model in Beta 3, so I guess we could light the whole map...
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:It just doesn't light up anything beyond its WSS radius.
That is exactly my problem.
It is so dark that I can't see anything, unless I get realy close to my monitor.
einhander
Rookie
Rookie

Post by einhander »

Zarel,
Did another Dev not agree oil and power generators should have a max of 50 oils, and 13 generators?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

einhander wrote:Zarel,
Did another Dev not agree oil and power generators should have a max of 50 oils, and 13 generators?
Nope, no one else has agreed. They haven't disagreed, either... /shrug/

I think the main problem is that no one knows how to set the default to something other than the max.
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

Just saw the mac bata was out, downloading it now.

One gripe: why did you limit the power at 100,000? I'm probably never going to get it that high with out a cheat like superpower when I'm in a skirmish game, but it was kind of ice to know that the power could go super high almost without limits. IDK, its probably just me....

Cheers, Yamar
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

I played a T1 skirmish last night on a 4P high power map with 30 oil wells in each base area. Using a turtle strategy I pegged the power meter at 100,000. When I finally researched to the tech level at which I wanted my expeditionary units to be (and all the manufacturing upgrades) I started cranking out and army or borgs and an air force of VTOLs. The power level dropped considerably, but no where near anything close to anemic. If I wanted to, I could've still built a whole new base
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

kenalcock wrote:I played a T1 skirmish last night on a 4P high power map with 30 oil wells in each base area. Using a turtle strategy I pegged the power meter at 100,000. When I finally researched to the tech level at which I wanted my expeditionary units to be (and all the manufacturing upgrades) I started cranking out and army or borgs and an air force of VTOLs. The power level dropped considerably, but no where near anything close to anemic. If I wanted to, I could've still built a whole new base

my point exactly, raise it to 500,000 at least! please!!! :D

Cheers, Yamar