2.3 Beta 6 released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

2.3 Beta 6 released!

Post by cybersphinx »

Due to some critical bugs in Beta 5, we now release Warzone 2100 2.3 beta 6.

Changes:
Most importantly, the crash when calling in reinforcements in the campaign has been fixed.

The crash when trying to join a network game via IP has also been fixed. The password interface has been improved. Cheat mode is now always enabled, you don't need --cheat anymore. Not many other changes since there wasn't much time since Beta 5, see the detailed changelog below.

Savegames from Beta 5 (and 4) should still work; for multiplayer, all players need to use Beta 6.

The Windows installer for this release was built on a different system than those up to Beta 4, please report any irregularities. If your virus scanner complains about it, please report it to the maker as a false positive (and tell us, so we can report it to them as well). The installer is cross-compiled on a Linux system, the hosting is done on Linux, the file never even touched a Windows system before the download.

Bug Reports:
As usual, we need bug reports to fix problems in the game. Please note that we use tickets only to track bugs, for discussions about how features should work and feature requests we have a dedicated forum section.

For bug reports, see BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in SVN, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket.
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary ands description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems, so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... if you have.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can be zipped).
Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page.

Detailed Changelog:
2010-01-06: Version 2.3 beta 6
  • General:
    • Change: "--cheat" command line option no longer necessary for cheat codes. (r8976)
    • Change: New codes "cheat on" and "debug" for turning on debug mode, and "cheat off" for turning it off, in case Shift+Backspace isn't working. (r8976)
    • Change: Do soft fading of fog of war. (r9008)
    • Fix: Crash when calling in reinforcements in campaign. (r8966)
    • Fix: "make dist" now includes autorevision.conf in the tarball, so the version is displayed correctly when compiling from source. (r8957)
  • UI:
    • Change: Game lobby is now bigger. (r8936)
    • Change: Password is asked in a separate dialog, instead of below lobby. (r8936)
    • Change: Do not display the two Warzone logo backdrops. (r8934)
    • Change: Add a shadow to the sideways text to make it more readable. (r8931)
    • Fix: Crash when trying to join a game via IP. (r8999)
    • Fix: Players list didn't appear when exiting from limits screen. (r8962)
    • Fix: Change all missile upgrades to use Scourge icon, since the Avenger icons were somewhat confusing. (r8959)
    • Fix: Always save changed droid templates. (r9014)
  • Multiplayer:
    • Fix: Host can change position and color of other players, really this time. (r8991)
    • Fix: Players will not automatically quit and disconnect after losing a multiplayer game. (r8969)
    • Fix: Give an error message when joining a multiplayer game is unsuccessful, instead of crashing or causing others to crash. (r8937)
    • Fix: Sync improvements. (r8975)
    • Change: Readd outgoing traffic shaping. (r9006)
    • Change: Remove excessive log messages. (r9005)
    • Change: Don't forward port 9990, we only need 2100. (r9012)
    • Change: Do UPnP device detection only when going to the "Host Game" menu. (r9013)
  • Translations:
Last edited by Buginator on 24 Apr 2010, 04:53, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Add trac links to the detailed changelog.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: 2.3 Beta 6 released!

Post by KukY »

I like new changes, specialy ones about cheating (75% of my WZ playing time is spent on cheating to test something.) and about lobby.
I'll test it now.

Few questions:
When will link to lobby be added to this site?
When will min. resolution be changed?

EDIT:
Downloaded.
Installed.
Tested.
Disappointed.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I met people who had problems with the windows archive and/or the installation procedure. I personally was not able to figure out the reason for their problems, but maybe the new way to make the installer may have some issues.
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

EDIT/NEW: It appears IE needs to be closed as well as all other open programs in order for the installer to properly function. ...Or the developers have fixed it and didn't tell anyone :-S :stare:

OLD: The installer is busted. It might be a problem with WinVista and Win7.
But it does not work for me, and apparently some others too.
Main: Arithyce
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:Downloaded.
Installed.
Tested.
Disappointed.
??

What's the problem?
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

The Challenge mode is working just fine. Plus, it is actually challenging. No bugs so far.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Assault Gunner wrote:The Challenge mode is working just fine. Plus, it is actually challenging. No bugs so far.
That reminds me. We should probably put up a forum for posting your best play-throughs and play-through times of various challenges, with free-form descriptions of how it was done, optional screenshots, something. Please suggest your own ideas for how we should do something like this.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Raem_Lylar wrote:The installer is busted. ... It appears IE needs to be closed as well as all other open programs in order for the installer to properly function. ... It might be a problem with WinVista and Win7.
It worked for me...
Zarel wrote:What's the problem?
New beta, but nothing special I noticed...
Per wrote:We should probably put up a forum for posting your best play-throughs and play-through times of various challenges, with free-form descriptions of how it was done, optional screenshots, something. Please suggest your own ideas for how we should do something like this.
Maybe a subforum in General Discussion?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

13KukYNexus666 wrote:New beta, but nothing special I noticed...
Its main purpose was to fix two crash bugs, as the description says.
poVoq
Rookie
Rookie

Post by poVoq »

Would have been nice if you fixed the issues with the right click to command control method and the camera rotation ;) It's making the game unplayable for me unfortunatly :(
Assault Gunner
Trained
Trained

Post by Assault Gunner »

Per wrote:
Assault Gunner wrote:The Challenge mode is working just fine. Plus, it is actually challenging. No bugs so far.
That reminds me. We should probably put up a forum for posting your best play-throughs and play-through times of various challenges, with free-form descriptions of how it was done, optional screenshots, something. Please suggest your own ideas for how we should do something like this.
Excellent idea. I'm doing a debug playthrough of the "Hide behind me" challenge. I do suggest that at least ten challenges(total) be present by the time 2.3.1 is released as a regular update.
"There is no greater Void than the one between your ears." - Void Ray, StarCraft 2.
Especially the Void between the ears of people who think that No VTOL is a good idea, and won't lead to arty wars. I've won one, and I have to say: I hated it.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

For those with sync issues in beta6 see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4421.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

I have opened this ticket to modify a feature of the 2.3 betaX releases:

AI gets 15k when autogame is activated .

I tested this with DyDo-AI and this was not happening on the warzone 2.2 version.
On this way I cannot test how the AI behaves in standard situation, I have also tried to force the power to 2,5k in the AI script but it does not work.

Please remove this feature.

Thanks
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
wakeup
Greenhorn

Post by wakeup »

Hello,

I am still waiting since the previous 2 betas, but it still was not solved.

When we order a truck to build something. A semi-transparent image of the building is shown. But if the first ordered truck has not started building the same building, the other trucks cannot be ordered to the same building.

Is it a bug?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

wakeup wrote:I am still waiting since the previous 2 betas, but it still was not solved.

When we order a truck to build something. A semi-transparent image of the building is shown. But if the first ordered truck has not started building the same building, the other trucks cannot be ordered to the same building.

Is it a bug?
No, it's intended behavior (although we may change it).

To order two trucks to build at once, select both of them, then click Build.