What CPU do you have?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.

My main machine has this CPU in it... and it has this many cores... and this much RAM

AMD / Intel 1GHz or lower
1%
AMD / Intel 1.1GHz - 2GHz
6%
AMD / Intel 2GHz+
23%
Via / Other (Specify make/speed/cores in your post.)
0%
Single core
8%
Dual core / Triple core /Quad core
27%
More than Quad core!
2%
1- 2GB RAM
11%
2+ GB RAM
21%

Total votes: 426

Buginator
Professional
Professional

What CPU do you have?

Post by Buginator »

Trying to figure out what CPU everyone has...
If it is not listed in the poll, then reply with what you have.

All OT discussions will be killed without notice.

Yes, I know the choices are limited, but we can't have more than 10 poll options.

The info in this poll just gives us a rough estimate on what our community members machines are capable of.
Last edited by Buginator on 27 May 2011, 03:33, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: No more sticky for this...
and it ends here.
praefectus
Trained
Trained

Re: What CPU do you have?

Post by praefectus »

Buginator wrote:If it is not listed in the poll, then reply with what you have.
Less than 1 GB of ram .... ;)
xahodo
Greenhorn

Post by xahodo »

Why not let warzone 2100 collect that data? There could be a button in the game which does exactly that. A window should pop up which tells the user exactly which data will be sent to you guys. It should then be sent in plain text.

Now my argumentation:
- The button makes it voluntary, just like in this forum thread.
- Showing the user what is being sent and sending it in plain text will make the privacy advocates happy (they can see what the game sends by looking at the packet stream).
- Putting a button like this in the game will probably give you more data then this forum thread, because probably not every forum user is interested in this forum section and not every warzone 2100 player has an account on these forums.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

xahodo wrote:Why not let warzone 2100 collect that data? There could be a button in the game which does exactly that. A window should pop up which tells the user exactly which data will be sent to you guys. It should then be sent in plain text.

Now my argumentation:
- Showing the user what is being sent and sending it in plain text will make the privacy advocates happy (they can see what the game sends by looking at the packet stream).
- Putting a button like this in the game will probably give you more data then this forum thread, because probably not every forum user is interested in this forum section and not every warzone 2100 player has an account on these forums.
Yeah, it would be very great and very hard to put into game,and after some time it would be useless.
Fell free to make it if you want, but i don't think that devs will do something about that.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

xahodo wrote:Why not let warzone 2100 collect that data? There could be a button in the game which does exactly that. A window should pop up which tells the user exactly which data will be sent to you guys. It should then be sent in plain text.

Now my argumentation:
Well, that *was* my plan, but we need code to work on all systems we support, and even then, there was privacy issues.

That is why this is here.
and it ends here.
xahodo
Greenhorn

Post by xahodo »

Informing the user of what is being sent and sending it in plain text (or informing the user of what encryption is being used) and making it optional will satisfy the privacy advocates.

As for the code to figure out what is being supported and how fast it is:
- In windows you can query which processor somebody has by asking it nicely to windows.
- On linux /proc/cpuinfo holds quite some nice information about the cpu. But there's probably an api call somewhere.
- MacOSX probably has some function call to figure out what processor is under the hood (not sure though).
- As for figuring out 3D card performance and features: you can ask opengl nicely, and some older games had some built-in tests to figure out what the 3D device can handle.
nobby
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nobby »

CPU - 2x Opteron 280 (See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2228&start=90#p31874)
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz

Less than 1 GiB RAM (I moved my "big" 1 GiB DDR module to my server)
antiaircraft
Greenhorn

Post by antiaircraft »

I'm running with less than 1 GiB of RAM as well - 512 MiB in fact (well, technically 482.4 MiB thanks to shared video memory).
*end of message*
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

antiaircraft wrote:I'm running with less than 1 GiB of RAM as well - 512 MiB in fact (well, technically 482.4 MiB thanks to shared video memory).
...You only use 30 MB of shared video memory? o_O How do you play Warzone?
Frox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frox »

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
BIOS: BIOS Date: 11/26/08 12:44:44 Ver: 12.06
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 1792MB RAM
Page File: 124MB used, 3561MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DxDiag ftw?
antiaircraft
Greenhorn

Post by antiaircraft »

Zarel wrote:
antiaircraft wrote:I'm running with less than 1 GiB of RAM as well - 512 MiB in fact (well, technically 482.4 MiB thanks to shared video memory).
...You only use 30 MB of shared video memory? o_O How do you play Warzone?
Slowly. :rolleyes: To my knowledge my BIOS doesn't support increasing the allocation, but as long as Warzone is playable, I'm happy.
*end of message*
zschopf1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zschopf1 »

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Wow really, admin has to edit my posts and not write anything? Wow way to be rude.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

zschopf1 wrote:Wow really, admin has to edit my posts and not write anything? Wow way to be rude.
...wtf are you talking about? o_O
zschopf1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zschopf1 »

Zarel wrote:
zschopf1 wrote:Wow really, admin has to edit my posts and not write anything? Wow way to be rude.
...wtf are you talking about? o_O
A moderator edited my post down to like nothing but what you see above the comment, and deleted my comments afterwards. I could see deleting some of it but not all of it.. And not even leave a note... really it's immature.