A few suggestions

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
XeRnOuS
New user

A few suggestions

Post by XeRnOuS »

I'm sure this has come up sometime before considering how long WZ has been in development, but a new tutorial would be nice.

As a new player i didn't find the tutorial to explain much about the game. It covered the fundamentals, but i had to figure out the link between Oil & power plants myself, and had to read online to fully grasp the use of sensor towers and such command units.

Also i've heard of numerous text to speech tools coming out, it would be awesome if theres an open source one that could function with wz2100.

The Wiki explains a lot, but it would be nice if there were better descriptions on the different weapons, buildings, etc.

The screenshots on the website do the game little justice. They grab your attention, but the game is about more than just textures. What about a walkthrough of the games UI or something, or at least something which better demonstrates the increadible variety of flexability the game holds for user-defined tatics & strategy.
Also on the screenshots, theres no way to bring up a full view of them. Why not throw in something like Lightbox. It's easy to use & add onto websites and is cross-browser compatible on standard web browsers (although i'm not sure about the smaller linux browsers)

I understand that wz is primarily an action-based game, but personally i feel there should be additional resources added to the game. How about metal for instance? Diesel / gasoline, gold, and such fourth. Resource management adds a new level of diversity & strategy to any game.

Those are just a few basic suggestions for now, I'm sure ill have millions more to come lol.
- XeRnOuS
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: A few suggestions

Post by KukY »

The game is very very very very complicated so tutorial has to be even more complicated.
But i agree that in-game tutorial should introduce you to other types of structures,weapons...
When i first played WZ,I started with tutorial,and I still didn't understand anything.
I experimented in skirmish(I used cheats),and it took me months to understand the game,
but now I understand it completely.

Difrent types of resources. No. Too boring and complicated,
and i believe it would be very hard to make code for that.

When i first played this game,i also had lot of crazy ideas.
You need to be rational.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: A few suggestions

Post by Zarel »

Resource management just adds confusion. :(

I agree that the tutorial is very bare, though.

The tutorial is just the bare minimum for playing the campaign. The campaign teaches you the rest.