Warzone 2100 Mod Manager

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Warzone 2100 Mod Manager

Post by Zarel »

milo christiansen wrote:@Zarel the mod manager extracts the wzmod once then it never bothers it again.
So why can't you do that to the .wz? o_O
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Zarel wrote:
milo christiansen wrote:@Zarel the mod manager extracts the wzmod once then it never bothers it again.
So why can't you do that to the .wz? o_O
I guess I wasn't clear, it extracts the .wzmod to @Scriptdir & "\mods\" $modname then it never needs to extract any thing again. when you activate that mod it copys the .wz file to warzones mod directory from @Scriptdir & "\mods\" $modname. If you have more questions look at the source.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

milo christiansen wrote:I guess I wasn't clear, it extracts the .wzmod to @Scriptdir & "\mods\" $modname then it never needs to extract any thing again. when you activate that mod it copys the .wz file to warzones mod directory from @Scriptdir & "\mods\" $modname. If you have more questions look at the source.
What you don't understand is that you can do the exact same thing with the the .wz file, just copying the .wz file to @Scriptdir before you extract it.
cheesepuffgd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cheesepuffgd »

hey, if anyone has this for mac please post a link to show where you got it plz.
Odin79
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Odin79 »

cheesepuffgd wrote:hey, if anyone has this for mac please post a link to show where you got it plz.
The mac version it seems is broken at the moment, I'm trying to get a mac set up here so I can fix it.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Zarel wrote:
milo christiansen wrote:I guess I wasn't clear, it extracts the .wzmod to @Scriptdir & "\mods\" $modname then it never needs to extract any thing again. when you activate that mod it copys the .wz file to warzones mod directory from @Scriptdir & "\mods\" $modname. If you have more questions look at the source.
What you don't understand is that you can do the exact same thing with the the .wz file, just copying the .wz file to @Scriptdir before you extract it.
That takes a lot more HD space for a large mod, and it would be a pain to code.
What I could do is just say "forget about it" and use odin's mod manager instead ;) .
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Odin79
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Odin79 »

Ok the beta is finally done. All of the functionality is in place but bugs may and probably still exist.

Summary of changes and features.
  • Install Mod now works (Note to Vista/Windows7 users, you must run the manager as an administrator or this will not work)
  • The options dialog will only show up now if it cannot find the game on it's own.
  • Mac OS - I have implemented this as best I could from reading documentation. Since I still don't have a Mac to develop on I do hope it works. That being said, if there are any Mac developers here could you PM me I would like to pick your brain about a few things. (Sorry Mac users)
Linux deb and rpm packages are in the works so they will be coming soon.
Mac OS binaries will come when I find a Mac developer or get a Mac of my own (Don't really feel like buying a new Mac just for this purpose alone)
Windows Binary http://www.mediafire.com/?dmmjidegmj3

TO DO:
  • Check spelling and grammar.
  • Language translations
  • Uninstall/Delete mod functionality.
Once again comments are appreciated, if you find a bug try to provide as much detail as possible about it including steps to reproduce. (Ex: "xxx functionality does not work" is not very helpful). Also if anyone has any feature requests let me know and I will get them in for future versions. Right now my focus is to have this version running on all three platforms bug free.

On a side note this manager only works with Warzone 2.2. I'll implements 2.3 support (path issues) once a stable 2.3 is out.
Attachments
wzmm_src-0.1beta.zip
Source
(95.28 KiB) Downloaded 488 times