Terrain Textures

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Terrain Textures

Post by Mysteryem »

I haven't been here in a while, but now that I'm back I've been experimenting with some 3d renders that could be used as textures.
I'm not too fond of this one personally, but it fits in with the snow very well:
I'm quite proud of this one, another rock tile:
I also have some new tree textures planned.
If the textures are wanted then I'll gladly upload them.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Mysteryem wrote:I haven't been here in a while, but now that I'm back I've been experimenting with some 3d renders that could be used as textures.
I'm not too fond of this one personally, but it fits in with the snow very well:
I'm quite proud of this one, another rock tile:
I also have some new tree textures planned.
If the textures are wanted then I'll gladly upload them.
the ice/snow cliffs looked great, though I think it would fit best in a new arctic/antarctic setting or something.
the rocks looked more like mud or something though, could fit perfectly for some stuff (like dried up river beds or maybe even a mudslide?).
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
zoid
Trained
Trained

Post by zoid »

Mysteryem wrote:If the textures are wanted then I'll gladly upload them.
Please do. :)
qubodup
Trained
Trained

Post by qubodup »

zoid wrote:Please do. :)
seconded! (please consider this thread)
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

me want 2!!!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

me 3 :3 xD
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

CC by SA 3.0 for both
Would the orignals with seems have been better since they were made seamless using one of paint shop pro's effects.
Attachments
I couldn't find the seamless version so I made the original seamless again.
I couldn't find the seamless version so I made the original seamless again.
cliffdirt.png
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

I went out and took pictures for possible use as textures (I also nabbed a very nice skybox) whilst I was on holiday. I unfortunately left my camera at my grandparents so I only have the ones from on my brother's camera at the moment.
(published under CC BY SA 3.0) Here is a grassy rock texture (if you want the original and/or if you want to do some better seamless tiling then please ask for the original):
Grassyclifftexture.png
I did some editing with the texpages to make the texture fit in, here's what I ended up with:
Attachments
wz2100_shot_003.png
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

it really looks very good
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

we have rocky mountains so why not grassy mountains too? :)
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Mysteryem wrote:I went out and took pictures for possible use as textures (I also nabbed a very nice skybox) whilst I was on holiday. I unfortunately left my camera at my grandparents so I only have the ones from on my brother's camera at the moment.
(published under CC BY SA 3.0) Here is a grassy rock texture (if you want the original and/or if you want to do some better seamless tiling then please ask for the original):
Grassyclifftexture.png
I did some editing with the texpages to make the texture fit in, here's what I ended up with:
Nice job Mysteryem!
:3
and it ends here.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

I've made a load of my photos into textures. Published under CC BY SA 3.0 as usual.

http://www.mysterymayhem.co.uk/Mysteryem'stextures.zip

I'll have the original photos uploaded later.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Alright, a new water texture (again, from one of my pictures)
Now I'm working on a replacement for the urban and rockies sea bed tiles, the second picture has one which I was testing.
*Update: Image indexed to save lower file size*To use this, replace data\base\texpages\page-80-water-1.png with this new file. (trunk or a nightly with the new terrain is required)
*Update: Image indexed to save lower file size*To use this, replace data\base\texpages\page-80-water-1.png with this new file. (trunk or a nightly with the new terrain is required)
Pictures of it in use:
(It looks better when it's moving IMO)
qubodup
Trained
Trained

Post by qubodup »

Mysteryem: your texture work is amazing! Can I ask you permission to upload these textues of you to http://opengameart.org/ under cc-by-sa *and* GPL? (some projects prefer GPL, like Nexuiz or Wesnoth as far as I know for example).
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

qubodup wrote:Mysteryem: your texture work is amazing! Can I ask you permission to upload these textues of you to http://opengameart.org/ under cc-by-sa *and* GPL? (some projects prefer GPL, like Nexuiz or Wesnoth as far as I know for example).
I'll have a look at that site when I'm back from holiday, I will hopefully be able to upload the original images to http://www.imageafter.com/ or some other website, I'll see how it works when I have the time. (on holiday at the moment :cool: )

And thanks. :)