Multiple Turrets

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
coppercore
Trained
Trained

Multiple Turrets

Post by coppercore »

After some forum searching I learned that multi turrets has been disabled. I was wondering, how hard is it to re enable them? Is it a simple command line or source change or is it something much more sinister than that? I kinda want to play around with them, buggy or otherwise.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Multiple Turrets

Post by Per »

Just change some numbers in the body txt file. I think there is a mod floating around somewhere...
praefectus
Trained
Trained

Post by praefectus »

coppercore wrote: I was wondering, how hard is it to re enable them?
It's simple.
You can reactivate this feature by editing /data/mp/stats/body.txt found in the file mp.wz
The text file can be extracted with winrar.
please read this to know what to edit : http://developer.wz2100.net/changeset/6207
(remove green lines and replace with reds)

I always enable multiturrets - it's just more fun !!
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

and what happens if I put the number 3? I have seen bodies with 2 weapons, but 3??? where is it going to put the third.?
praefectus
Trained
Trained

Post by praefectus »

winsrp wrote:and what happens if I put the number 3? I have seen bodies with 2 weapons, but 3??? where is it going to put the third.?
It will be placed ON TOP of the first weapon. Looks funny, but it works!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

O_o :ninja: O_O :stressed: :stare:

hehe

That is why it was removed, it looked stupid. We are waiting for new models / turret points so we can enable it again.
and it ends here.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

the way weapons and bodies are handled according to the weapons.txt/bodies.txt don't make it very easy to implement more than 2 weapons.

There should be some limitation in the body itself for the firing angles at which a weapon can shoot, not the upper/lower angles, but the left/right angles.

Imagine a body that has 4 weapons one on each corner, the should have 90 or even 110 degrees each specified on the body itself, so you can put any weapon and they wont overlap, but the way its now.... that not going to happen anytime soon.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

An original approach is being made by avestron, at his topic: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3516&p=40057#p40057

It's at early stages yet but I like the idea very much.