Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Sento
Trained
Trained

Re: Can't get cheat mode

Post by Sento »

HI,
contains the cheat list in the thread all cheats that exists for Warzone?
And do all this cheats work? It would be nice when someone brings the cheat list in the wiki up to date.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Sento wrote: HI,
contains the cheat list in the thread all cheats that exists for Warzone?
And do all this cheats work? It would be nice when someone brings the cheat list in the wiki up to date.
I do not believe this thread contains all of them, not sure though.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Sento
Trained
Trained

Post by Sento »

it would be nice when you collect all and write them into the wiki there was a cheat i searched for and it is here but not in the wiki :(
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Why don't YOU add it to the wiki then?
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

DevUrandom wrote: Why don't YOU add it to the wiki then?
Good point, that really is the idea behind a wiki in the first place. Power to the users!!!

Anyway I improved upon the article myself already: http://wz2100.net/wiki/cheats

I did however not add any cheats to the list.

PS anyone can log in to the wiki with his forums account here to edit
Kardas
Rookie
Rookie

Cheat Issues

Post by Kardas »

I can't get cheat mode to work (Mac OSX 10.4.8), I've reset the key map and other suggestions, but I think the major problem is that I'm not sure how to start with a command line option.  I've tried holding option while opening the game, holding shift, holding control, I tried adding --cheats to the config file, none of it is working if someone could walk me through this I'd be grateful (it's probably something obvious, I can be rather stupid sometimes).
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your fights, but picking fights for your friends is hilarious.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

So, there are enought "cheats don't work" topics ;)
Merged and moved to Help / Troubleshooting.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Cheat Issues

Post by DevUrandom »

Kardas wrote: I can't get cheat mode to work (Mac OSX 10.4.8), I've reset the key map and other suggestions, but I think the major problem is that I'm not sure how to start with a command line option.  I've tried holding option while opening the game, holding shift, holding control, I tried adding --cheats to the config file, none of it is working if someone could walk me through this I'd be grateful (it's probably something obvious, I can be rather stupid sometimes).
I have no idea how this works on MacOS... If you have some kind of commandline, try running Warzone from there. If you have some kind of shortcut in the applications menu, try editing it. Otherwise ask Ari ("iamtheari") about this.

When you find out how to do it, please add the instructions to the wiki.
Sento
Trained
Trained

Post by Sento »

DevUrandom wrote: Why don't YOU add it to the wiki then?
Problem 1:
i thought of a full list of all cheats and they must be collected before i write them to the wiki Oo (is the list here complet?)

Problen 2:
I thing its important to add to not working cheats the notice "does not work" and that must someone find out and my warzone dont work atm.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Sento wrote: Problem 1:
i thought of a full list of all cheats and they must be collected before i write them to the wiki Oo (is the list here complet?)
The list doesn't have to be complete right away. If you can think of just one cheat that isn't on the list already: just add it.
Sento wrote: Problen 2:
I thing its important to add to not working cheats the notice "does not work" and that must someone find out and my warzone dont work atm.
If you do not know wether that particular cheat does or does not work you can always put something like "unconfirmed" behind it or so. Then drop a note on the forums to ask if someone else could test it.
CABLE_MONKEY
New user

More cheating trouble

Post by CABLE_MONKEY »

I can't get these cheats working. I've tried pressing shift and backspace, I've tried deleting the key mapping, none of it makes any difference. HELP!!
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Re: More cheating trouble

Post by Hatsjoe »

have you added the --cheat in the shortcut's target box ?

If not , do the following:
although this has already been covered on this forum and you probably already did this i m still going to explain one more time: i m going to make it as easy as possible so that no one ever asks again.

(i hope you're using windows)

1) Locate the shortcut to the warzone executable (this will most likely be found in the start menu : START -> Program Files -> Warzone 2100 -> "Warzone 2100 Grim's GFX"

2) Right click on the shortcut

3)click properties

4) Locate the type-in box labeled "target"

5)Add the command "--cheat" in this type-in box (it should look something like this: "E:\Program Files\games\Warzone 2100\warzone2100.exe" --mod grim.wz --cheat --fullscreen --viewport 1280x1024 --cheat "

DO NOT change any of the other settings. ONLY add --cheat

6) close the shortcut properties

7) Launch warzone by double clicking the shortcut

8) go in a single player game and try shift + backspace

9) CHEAT AWAY
CABLE_MONKEY
New user

Post by CABLE_MONKEY »

Yep, I was already doing that. This is really bugging me, I've read every post, tried every suggestion. nothing seems to do it.

--

Although when I say I was doing that, windows won't actually let me add anything to the shortcuts target, so I'm having to click "run" on the start menu and type the whole path in there (plus --cheat). Maybe this is why it won't work. Any ideas?
Last edited by DevUrandom on 11 Mar 2007, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

CABLE_MONKEY wrote: Yep, I was already doing that. This is really bugging me, I've read every post, tried every suggestion. nothing seems to do it.

--

Although when I say I was doing that, windows won't actually let me add anything to the shortcuts target, so I'm having to click "run" on the start menu and type the whole path in there (plus --cheat). Maybe this is why it won't work. Any ideas?
What do you mean with "Windows won't let me add anything"? Could you explain that? Is the input field greyed out? Or does it report an error when you add anything?
CABLE_MONKEY
New user

Post by CABLE_MONKEY »

I just kept getting a message telling me it didn't recognise the path, but I've just done the exact thing again, and it works all of a sudden. Very strange. Still, at least I got there eventually. f*****g windows.