Adding spesific units at map

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Adding spesific units at map

Post by Terminator »

Ok. I'm making one map, something like campaign map. I wan to add specific units to a map (not from factory) not one but 20-30 at once...something like in CAM3 when nexus forces appeared on map to destroy missle bunkers.

I can't do this with editworld only. (its only for maps). ok where should I look & what to edit ? Is there any utils ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Re: Adding spesific units at map

Post by psychopompos »

hack in the scripts from the campaign maps maybe?
MOTHERBOARD - MSI P7N PLATINUM¦-¦PROCESSOR - C2D E7300 @ 4.00GHZ
MEMORY - 4 Gig (2x2gig) ddr2 1066mhz¦-¦OPERATING SYSTEM - WINDOWS 7 (ULT)
GRAPHICS - BFG GTX 260 OCX (requires ForceWare drivers for good openGL)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Terminator wrote:Ok. I'm making one map, something like campaign map. I wan to add specific units to a map (not from factory) not one but 20-30 at once...something like in CAM3 when nexus forces appeared on map to destroy missle bunkers.

I can't do this with editworld only. (its only for maps). ok where should I look & what to edit ? Is there any utils ?
Ah... but you can do it in 32EW..... right now 32EW has a set of templates for units and structs that are defined in it's Names.txt and Objects list.txt... If you wanna use-place units on your map NOT in those templates then you have to add them to 32EWs templates and also define them in the .txt files I just listed.

There is another way to do this but it's a lot more complicated and also involves skills in WZ Script.... basically you would have to write spawning cam a.i. scripts with precise world map coordinates from 32EW that would be script creating the units when you executed the map in the game binary. I would strongly recommend you use the first technique above that does not require any knowledge of WZ scripting. The first technique would also make your map-mod less prone to being broken by dev changes in the binary and base.wz data set and also easier to fix when broken than using the second technique.

Regards, whip :ninja:
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

whippersnapper wrote: Ah... but you can do it in 32EW..... right now 32EW has a set of templates for units and structs that are defined in it's Names.txt and Objects list.txt... If you wanna use-place units on your map NOT in those templates then you have to add them to 32EWs templates and also define them in the .txt files I just listed.

There is another way to do this but it's a lot more complicated and also involves skills in WZ Script.... basically you would have to write spawning cam a.i. scripts with precise world map coordinates from 32EW that would be script creating the units when you executed the map in the game binary. I would strongly recommend you use the first technique above that does not require any knowledge of WZ scripting. The first technique would also make your map-mod less prone to being broken by dev changes in the binary and base.wz data set and also easier to fix when broken than using the second technique.

I know that EW has units templates(pink "buttons" in textures list). But its just for once the game starts. In my vision ...this should looks like in DOTA...creeps appeares every 30 sec. with some const. frequency.

In my "scenario" lets call it "Survival" you are controling a group of units that should stand against enemy force that comes every 2 mins...I call it waves.

I suppose i need second way...scripting. Is there any tools for that ? Or Is there any third way ?

whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

What you wanna do is called an Event Trigger Script.

As far as a.i. scripting goes it's probably the least complex thing to do.

You are still gonna have to include your map coordinates from 32 EW in the Event Trigger Script(s).

Troman wrote a Campaign Mission Editor that can handle what you wanna do without you having to write the scripts by hand or even learn full blown WZ A.I. scripting.

The only "trick" is that the Editor compiles .wdgs which means you have to decompile with Bones0's WdgExplorer which will strip your directory folder labels which you will have to go back and re-label by hand..... but all your script files come across fine.

After re-labeling the folders properly you will of course have to re-compile as a .wz file (aka .zip)

There is also a tutorial for the Editor. I don't have the links handy with me because I am doing this from my cell phone at work but the links should all be retrievable via Google search (but maybe not). Or you can wait till I get back to my comps at home which won't be for another 10 hours from now because after work I have a 3 hour jam session to go to direct before I head home to be able to post the links or if they are dead I do have the prog & tuts resident on my home comps.....

Cosmopolitan regards, whip :cool:
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I have Wz2100AIscripts2.50.exe old util. I dont know is this It ? but your links would help. ;)

whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

That version number doesn't match either of the two Warzone AI Editors I have.

WZ Campaign Mission A.I. Editor version 1.11 looks like this:

This is the one I was thinking would work for your needs because it is designed to create CAMPAIGN Mission A.I. and has a sample "King of the Hill" file-tut.

Can't find any working download links for this one so I'd have to email it to you if you don't have.

WZ Skirmish A.I. Editor version 1.02 looks like this:

This editor you can still download from File Planet but you have to register first.... or I can email it to you. This editor is for creating different (and fairly basic) A.I. Personalities for Skirmish Mode.

Dancing Moogle wrote a tutorial for this "Skirmish A.I. Editor" HERE

So I don't know what the editor you have is ...
I have Wz2100AIscripts2.50.exe old util.
....though that version # seems to match the WZS Utility which is just to set-up different Skirmish A.I. personality scripts not create them (among other useful tasks related to maps and mods).

Anyway... you'll have to let me know what you wanna do.

BTW: There ARE differences between Campaign Mode AI Scripts and Skirmish Mode AI Scripts and they are NOT interchangeable in reality.

-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

Why are those not hosted here or someplace easy where people can find them?
How about making a trac ticket and upload those there for people to get them easier, I think trac does not have the same file size limit as the forums.
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

mail me plz this util : wz2100 [at] mail [dot] ru

whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

-Kosh- wrote:Why are those not hosted here or someplace easy where people can find them?
How about making a trac ticket and upload those there for people to get them easier, I think trac does not have the same file size limit as the forums.
Hmmm..... no source or committed support for the proggies, perhaps ?
Terminator wrote:mail me plz this util : wz2100 [at] mail [dot] ru
K.

whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Terminator wrote:mail me plz this util : wz2100 [at] mail [dot] ru
Done. Check your in-box.

I sent both editors. I think the Campaign Mission Editor would work best for you but you can certainly achieve your goals using the Skirmish A.I. Editor which has the added benefit of a very detailed tutorial by Dancing Moogle @ Lav_Coyote's "WZ Docs Project" site (link provided earlier). After trying both editors out you will be in a better position yourself to decide what route best suits your individual prefs and project goals. Your project has much potential. You can create rich and engaging new campaign missions with it supplying out-of-the-box thinking, imagination & savvy. All the best with it.

-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

whippersnapper wrote:
-Kosh- wrote:Why are those not hosted here or someplace easy where people can find them?
Hmmm..... no source or committed support for the proggies, perhaps ?
Is that not the case for the Editworld that is in the sticky?
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote:Hmmm..... no source or committed support for the proggies, perhaps ?
-Kosh- wrote:Is that not the case for the Editworld that is in the sticky?
Correct and I have been cognizant of that anomolous fact since Qamly got gravely ill 4+ years ago and the source to the unfinished 32EW was for all intents lost. Qamly programed 32EW.

I don't run the show here so you will have to take it up with the powers that be.

You can be sure when my web site goes live with it's WZ dedicated section I will make decisions that will include posting these items for down load. And if the OSS "true believers" have an issue with any of my WZ decisions they can try and shut me down. And good luck with that too since I have a ten year history - relationship with all the original WZ legal stake-holders. ;)

Regards, whip aka Rman Jack :cool:

-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

whippersnapper wrote: Correct and I have been cognizant of that anomolous fact since Qamly got gravely ill 4+ years ago and the source to the unfinished 32EW was for all intents lost. Qamly programed 32EW.

I don't run the show here so you will have to take it up with the powers that be.

You can be sure when my web site goes live with it's WZ dedicated section I will make decisions that will include posting these items for down load. And if the OSS "true believers" have an issue with any of my WZ decisions they can try and shut me down. And good luck with that too since I have a ten year history - relationship with all the original WZ legal stake-holders. ;)

Regards, whip aka Rman Jack :cool:

Sorry to hear that.

Look forward to your site with the hidden gems you have. :) Will it go live sometime before the end of the year?
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

-Kosh- wrote: Sorry to hear that.

Look forward to your site with the hidden gems you have. :) Will it go live sometime before the end of the year?
Yea, Qamly was a stand-up guy, sympathico as they say in Spanish, and knew his coding like I know the back of my hand.

Having been around the game for a long spell I have seen more good peeps go down in the WZ community than I have in my own personal life. Life can be so unfair.

My site ? I'm shooting for some time in December. :)