Upgraded Truck model/texture needed!

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Upgraded Truck model/texture needed!

Post by Olrox »

Here it is, I'll map & apply the textures to my simple truck model, later.
It isn't licensed or anything, so if anyone's up to pick it up and license to say it's their own work, go on and face the shame ;)
The important folks know that it's my work anyway :D
Attachments
.png texture file of the "large" truck
.png texture file of the "large" truck

[The extension 3ds has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I'm going to take that as a public domain dedication, and relicense your work in CC0.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:I'm going to take that as a public domain dedication, and relicense your work in CC0.
That's fine, thanks! ;)
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Looks good! I've already forgot about original trucks xD
The only problem that current high-poly version is cool for an FPS and not for wz with shadows on :3
wz2100_shot_heavytrucks.jpg
Attachments
trlcon.pie
(16.62 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Hmm, they look passable to me, but the "horns" look a bit too white to me. Shouldn't they be medium-dark gray?
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

Zarel wrote:the "horns" look a bit too white to me. Shouldn't they be medium-dark gray?
Nope, I didn't change the texture... just look at the the horns gray and truck back dark-gray...
Beside... there are no teamcolors for now...
Last edited by i-NoD on 27 Sep 2009, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

i think white is good enough...
they are the building-things, so more technical than the whole rest of the truck...

medium-dark gray would look for me than normal-metal
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

What I like about the current truck is that it is easily recognized as a truck. I do not see this as easily with the suggested model. There are too many things about it that catch the eye that don't say "truck" to me.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

No, I mean, they would need to be gray to look more like the regular truck's textures. Since the "construction horns" in the current truck and combat engineer look the same, if the new one looks different, then it no longer looks like it's a constructor, which is bad.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

It must be hard to believe and it is somewhat shameful, but it's been long since I've last looked into the original truck.
I was planning to do the simple truck also, but I think you don't want it to change, right?
I can make adjustments to the texture/ model, but I need to know exactly what you all want. If I keep making models until everyone agrees, it'll take an eternity :P
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

@ Olrox: That's a generous offer & appreciate it. :) It won't be feasible because I only have the .Pie done in PieSlicer. I haven't changed my habit of using PieSlicer for WZ models even though I use True Space & Sketch-Up (& PS & GIMP & Art Rage & Painter) for my non-WZ modeling projects. It looks like you go Blender to the 3ds 2 Pie converter route so I cannot supply you with a Blend or 3ds of the geometry. Redoing the geometry, for either of us is not a likely option I would say. But again, I thank you for the offer to texture the model. :D

Regards, whip :cool:

Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:It must be hard to believe and it is somewhat shameful, but it's been long since I've last looked into the original truck.
I was planning to do the simple truck also, but I think you don't want it to change, right?
I can make adjustments to the texture/ model, but I need to know exactly what you all want. If I keep making models until everyone agrees, it'll take an eternity :P
Well, considering the Combat Engineer also uses those horns, unless you want to change the Combat Engineer as well, I think you'd be better off just making yours look more like the normal trucks. :/
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Ok, I've put a simple darkening gradient over a dark grey tone, I think that it's about the same color as the current models.
If someone didn't like something, just tell me what and how do you want me to do it, and then I can do it.
Até mais, Olrox
Attachments
LTRUCKTX.png
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Seems nive to me. Better thatn old one. May be just turret is too long , but make it more shorter.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Olrox: Remember you are the artist. Make it look the way you want it or it will never be quite right, someone will always complain. You will never satisfy everyone.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual