[HELP] this happened in ver. 2.1 and now happened ver. 2.2

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
tk24
Greenhorn

[HELP] this happened in ver. 2.1 and now happened ver. 2.2

Post by tk24 »

Firstly im using ubuntu 9.04 and warzone2100 version 2.2.2

this really pisses me off i have faced different errors on the same stage on both the versions .and the net result is im stuck on the stage..firstly i got an error that a particular coordinate had a higher value than defined on the map thus the map wasnt finished now on the particular stage a certain object wasnt found ...i mean this cant be a coincident that i faced almost the same issue on the same stage ..i honestly dont know what more can i do to finish the stage

here is the debug info
info |11:23:41: [rebuildSearchPath] * Failed to remove path /usr/local/data/ again
info |11:23:41: [seq_Play] unable to open 'sequences/brfcom4s.ogg' for playback
info |11:23:41: [seq_Play] unable to open 'sequences/cam3/cam3aba.ogg' for playback
info |11:23:41: [seq_Play] unable to open 'sequences/cam3/cam3abf.ogg' for playback
info |11:23:41: [seq_Play] unable to open 'sequences/cam3/cam3abpl.ogg' for playback
info |11:23:41: [seq_Play] unable to open 'sequences/cam3/cam3ab.ogg' for playback
error |11:23:43: [removeObjectFromFuncList] Object 0xc4a9f40 not found in list
error |11:23:43: [removeObjectFromFuncList] Assert in Warzone: objmem.c:366 (psCurr != NULL), last script event: 'N/A'
info |11:24:10: [seq_Play] unable to open 'sequences/cam3/cam3ab.ogg' for playback

AL lib: alBuffer.c:1097: exit() 2 Buffer(s) NOT deleted
tk24
Greenhorn

Re: [HELP] this happened in ver. 2.1 and now happened ver. 2.2

Post by tk24 »

the map was gamma 5
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

This is not even the same crash that you posted before in the 2.1 thread.

Turn off asserts if you do not want assert errors. Do not compile in debug mode or use command line to skip asserts.
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
tk24
Greenhorn

Post by tk24 »

The issue remains the same ..."ultimately i wasn't able to play the map". And this is not an error of asserts and i do usually run it by command line using the noassert option(thanks stiv) , my point merely highlighted the fact that on version 2.1 the error was the value was bigger than the defined set parameter for the map and now on version 2.2 i had issues regarding an object absolutely no where to be found on the map .

I was a bit skeptical about the issue, as i thought no one else would have had encountered the same issue in version 2.1 thus the i played the map on version 2.2 with the assert option on(once bitten twice shy) and when i encountered the problem i had some data about it. And thats what i posted here ,Yeah i think i didn't make my point clear it was regarding the game play ...i encountered the same problem for two different reasons. Frankly it was a big let down i had hoped to finish off the map on this version but then again i understand the situation with the devs.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

The best thing to do to get problems fixed is to give us instructions (with savegames, crashdumps etc) to reproduce what is wrong. The program output itself is not very helpful, even if you write it in bold text.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

perhaps going to 2.2.3 may clear the issue...
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Re: [HELP]help.please,ver.2.2

Post by topo1948 »

lav-coyote/zarel.please/give/some/clue.
Attachments
i.post.this.no/answer.
i.post.this.no/answer.
wz.start.perfect.the/first/version/where/I/get/new/maps/be/played.
wz.start.perfect.the/first/version/where/I/get/new/maps/be/played.
every/thing/works/fine.just/5/minutes.
every/thing/works/fine.just/5/minutes.
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Re: [HELP] this happened in ver. 2.2.3-novideo.dmg

Post by topo1948 »

I'been/playing.all/and/every/wz.,,,,,ver.....none/accept/me/play/new/maps.(wz.i/havex11,etc.etc.).all/version/works/fine.sometimes/crash.but/it'fine..... :) :) :) .2.2.3/allow/me/play/new/map/than/i'been/downloading/from/this/forum. :D :D :D :( :( took/me/almost/tree/year/waiting....new/maps.I'not/kidding.tree/year/with/the/same/basic/maps.i/play/just/skirmish/mode.lav-coyote.zarel.please.i.need/some/help.this/version/work/perfect.as/you/can/see/with/the/screenshots.but.crash.after/6...or..7/minutes.not/just.the/game/it/self.as/it/normal/playing/games.I/mean/my/computer/get/freeze..mannualy/must/shutdown/and/restart.it's/happen/with/the/old/and/new/maps.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

you are using the 2.2.3 version - latest release? what operationg system - what hard ware

and a question - why do you use the / and the . between all your words... just curious. xD
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »

and a question - why do you use the / and the . between all your words... just curious. xD.....sorry/about/this.
my/space/bar/d'not/work.thanks/a/lot/for/answer/my/post. :P :P
i'am/using/Stable / 2.2.3 / 2009-09-13(i/get/it/yesterday/from//wz2100.net/download.
i'll/send/any/information/to/discover/the/problem.please/tell/me/where@how/get/the/information/you/need.thanks.thanks
Attachments
screeshot/from/system-preferences
Picture 2.png (18.48 KiB) Viewed 22514 times
Picture 3.png (30.12 KiB) Viewed 22514 times
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBook
The iBook is a line of discontinued laptop computers sold by Apple Inc. between 1999 and 2006. The line was targeted at the consumer and education markets, with lower specifications and prices than the PowerBook, Apple's higher-end line of laptop computers.
Three distinct designs of the iBook were introduced during its lifetime. The first design, known as the "Clamshell", was a significant departure from portable computer designs at the time due to its shape, bright colors, inclusion of a handle, and wireless networking. Two years later, a second line abandoned the original form factor in favor of a more conventional rectangular design. In October 2003 the third design added a PowerPC G4 chip and a slot-loading drive.
Apple replaced the iBook line with the MacBook in May 2006 during Apple’s transition to Intel processors.

now having found that - tell me you are using the mac release and not the windows release - or should this not matter.

if your using the mac release - your going to have to ask someone with a mac... i dont have one. xD
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

I$think$they$need$a$new$keyboard. ;)

The other thread that you posted about this problem has more information. It does seem like you have a overheating issue.
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »

-Kosh- wrote:I$think$they$need$a$new$keyboard. ;).

The other thread that you posted about this problem has more information. It does seem like you have a overheating issue.
.It's fixed. :D :D
but i play without any problem at all v.2.0.8.rc1 ( except d'not accept new map).
no problems,no new maps
no problems,no new maps
v.2.0.8.rc1 and v.2.2.3. are so different ?.
sorry if I keept posting about my problem.I really like the game. I would play new map. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I just try something.I take off from the maps folder,all new maps (downloads from this forum). the original from v.2.2.3. and..... :P :P .I got 25 minutes of game with sk-cockate-t1 map.doing this I got 19'extra.baby steps but keep walking . ;)
topo1948
Trained
Trained

Post by topo1948 »

lav_coyote25 wrote:from wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBook
The iBook is a line of discontinued laptop computers sold by Apple Inc. between 1999 and 2006. The line was targeted at the consumer and education markets, with lower specifications and prices than the PowerBook, Apple's higher-end line of laptop computers.
Three distinct designs of the iBook were introduced during its lifetime. The first design, known as the "Clamshell", was a significant departure from portable computer designs at the time due to its shape, bright colors, inclusion of a handle, and wireless networking. Two years later, a second line abandoned the original form factor in favor of a more conventional rectangular design. In October 2003 the third design added a PowerPC G4 chip and a slot-loading drive.
Apple replaced the iBook line with the MacBook in May 2006 during Apple’s transition to Intel processors.

now having found that - tell me you are using the mac release and not the windows release - or should this not matter.

if your using the mac release - your going to have to ask someone with a mac... i dont have one. xD
coyote.I agree with all the specifications things.

but this happen only with version 2.2.3 (last release). O_o O_o O_o .not a Mac issue.
2.0.8 work just fine.it's does not accept new maps.but it's OK.

yesterday I download warzone2100-2.2-beta1-nofmv.dmg.it's does not accept new maps.but it's OK.I means perfect.it's have 2 new maps. xD xD

it's the version with some kind of problem. nothing about graphicscard,temperature, cpu,gpu,corruptions,ram,etc,etc.
.the only one it's let (to me)put in maps folder new maps and play all of them :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

warzone2100-2.2-beta1-nofmv.dmg it's almost the same with version 2.2.3.nice,good design,etc.and works.not version 2.2.3 (last release).this one crash. :-S :D
coyote, I really enjoy play wz.i'm not the only mac-user.all of you spend time and skills to give us the wz .
getting your advices,help,improvement,does not help to solve my problems,maybe it help the all people in this forum.
I means. my post do not pretend came over and over posting.by the way I got a good-nice-working dmg version to play wz.maybe i'll found the way to play new maps.....with your help.of course. ;) ;)

how could we ask to mac user about,version working better?.maps,mod.etc.Thanks
Attachments
it's work.
it's work.
perfect.it's have two new maps.
perfect.it's have two new maps.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

question to the dev's - are the maps / mods being placed in folders the same all across the os's.

ie: if maps are not placed in the warzone2100/maps folder in the My Documents folder on windows - all the new maps will not show. is this the same for mac and linux.... or are they handled differently. xD