Videos have no sound

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
stephanblum1993
New user

Videos have no sound

Post by stephanblum1993 »

I am playing the missions and some of the videos come on but have no sound. I have visual but no audio. What do I do. Note: not all videos do this most so far have sound. Example Urban sector rescue units from crashed transport there is no sound.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Vido has no sound

Post by Buginator »

stephanblum1993 wrote:I am playing the missions and some of the videos come on but have no sound. I have visual but no audio. What do I do. Note: not all videos do this most so far have sound. Example Urban sector rescue units from crashed transport there is no sound.
Savegames that show the issue will be appreciated, since we really have no other way of testing things 'fast'...
and it ends here.
Rade
Greenhorn

Re: Videos have no sound

Post by Rade »

I've noticed the same thing in the last few missions in alpha campaign, in addition to that the artillery units (mortars and bombards) keep detaching from the sensor vehicles, also there is a lot of issues with the commanders and the attached units, because very often they don't return for repairs and the commander tends to switch the repair orders on his own from return at medium damage or high damage to do or die, and its really annoying when your units die because of this. Another issue with commanders and repair facilities is that when you tell the commander to return for repairs the repair facility will only fix the commander and not the other units that are attached to the commander, unless those unit are damaged enough so they get repair because their health got to the yellow or red, and this is really problem at the end of the each mission because you have to detach the commander from the rest of the unit in order to be able to repair all of them.

Also repair facilities when they are busy repairing units they tend to send the units that are waiting to the repair facility thats half the map away, and that can really be a problem especially if you have slow tracked units, otherwise this would be a really nice feature but only if the repair facilities that are close to each other would share the workload, for example if they are less than 5 or 6 tiles from each other.

Since this is my first post here, I would like to say that I really appreciate everything you've done for the WarZone.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

this happens when there multiple fmv's in the briefing as far as i can tell.
if you know when one vid file ends, skipping the last few seconds of one vid file before the next starts seems to get past this issue.
its also not a constant issue, you may need to load the mission a few times before it happens.

also noticed, the collective voice sounds really ghay compared to the psx fmv's.lol
Attachments
savegame.zip
(225.82 KiB) Downloaded 781 times
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

psychopompos wrote:this happens when there multiple fmv's in the briefing as far as i can tell.
if you know when one vid file ends, skipping the last few seconds of one vid file before the next starts seems to get past this issue.
its also not a constant issue, you may need to load the mission a few times before it happens.

also noticed, the collective voice sounds really ghay compared to the psx fmv's.lol
Never heard the psx's voices...

As for the sounds, 2.2.2 should be out soon, and with the improved sound code, it should help. At least, I hope. :)
and it ends here.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Some vidos still dont plays sound in FMVs....most of them in the end of Cam1:
cam1out4.ogg
c001end.ogg

this two I didn't hear sound for sure. I'm playing on 2.2.2
Attachments
savegame.zip
saves of Cam1
(2.25 MiB) Downloaded 781 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

psychopompos wrote:this happens when there multiple fmv's in the briefing as far as i can tell.

Confirm, about FMV sounds. I thought that was something wrong with video files, but not.

As for voices - IMHO its dont changes from psx to PC.

psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

did they do different versions between the us & uk then? :-S
on my psx the collective sound more like star treks borg, then a slightly filtered new paradigm.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

psychopompos wrote:did they do different versions between the us & uk then? :-S
on my psx the collective sound more like star treks borg, then a slightly filtered new paradigm.
I know only about PC & psx versions. PC ver dont have any subversions.

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

thanks for the savegames guys!

The issue was the videos DID have sound, but the volume was 0.

Fixed for 2.2.3
and it ends here.