engineer VTOL

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
dragoncrusher
Greenhorn

engineer VTOL

Post by dragoncrusher »

i remember the PS1 wz, when i played with the cheats, i got 1 vtol that is an engineer... when i download the PC version of wz, there wernt any engineer vtol.

so like, if theres a cyborg engineer, shouldnt there be an vtol engineer too?
devastator
Trained
Trained

Re: engineer VTOL

Post by devastator »

yeah,he should build air-defensive structures that can be killed just by AA tehnologies xDD
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

there are several mods that enable the VTOL truck, the reason it isn't in the original game and standard mods is iirc because there are balance issues. And it looks horrible with the default Truck turret. :)
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
dragoncrusher
Greenhorn

Post by dragoncrusher »

but then again... i wanna build something in an unreachable place, the only way to get there is by engineer vtol or cheat mode XD
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Oh, I don't know about any of that, Fisk0. O_o

On a Panther body the Flying Truck looks rather cute in a French bulldog puppy sort of way. ;)

On a serious note - with the recent proposed expansive changes to T-1 thru T-2 AA capabilities there just may be a viable remedy to the MP balance issues with Flying Trucks and I am myself thinking of including in my current work with this early AA re-balancing in mind..

Also - I can't quite decipher what you mean by "standard" mods but I do know the very First Mod that introduced the Flying Truck because I helped create it as well as most subsequent mods that included it and based on my access to download statistics for many years i would judge those Mods as both very popular and major. I'm talking tens of thousands of downloads per month which I suspect current statistics don't come close to (as much as 50,000 plus in one month as I recall - that's per mod / map not combining multiple mod-map release #'s).

BTW - putting the VTOL Truck in-game is very easy and takes less than 5 minutes of work - if you can call it that. Until very recently I was not inclined to re-introduce it but now I'm very much leaning towards it. When we first introduced it into the PC version back in September 1999 it was given a specific name in the .pdf file that accompanied that very popular, and major mod-map (because of the sheer amount of new stuff introduced for the first time like twin canons, proximity mines, lava tertile set, cruise missiles, and on and on). It was called "Citadel Elite"... Even half a dozen years after release peeps still spoke of it as one of their all time favorite WZ add-on toys. :)

Regards, whip :ninja:
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Cyborg transport + cyborg engineer is the closest thing available in game at the moment ^_^
Revelo
Trained
Trained

Post by Revelo »

Avestron wrote:Cyborg transport + cyborg engineer is the closest thing available in game at the moment ^_^
This is why we need to bring in Cyborgs with Jetpacks like before.
Read my review of Warzone 2100 here!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.115500
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Avestron wrote:Cyborg transport + cyborg engineer is the closest thing available in game at the moment ^_^
Revelo wrote:This is why we need to bring in Cyborgs with Jetpacks like before.

A Vtol Constructor unit is WAY more efficient and capable than both those options.

Btw - Borg Transport + Borg Engineer is stock Pumpkin (at least from v.1.06 forward after the fan community requested it be created) and Borgs with Jump Packs is from the NEWST .v. 1.11 MOD (though it was officially sanctioned by the Pumpkin team, that is, formally in writing before they were disbanded and reformed as Pivotal.)

Regards, whip :cool:
dragoncrusher
Greenhorn

Post by dragoncrusher »

but then again, the cyborg transport, if there is no space in the hill top area, the cyborg engineer wont land there they will just land on the bottom. vtol engineer would be better, they build on the hill and land on the ground while building.
blah either way, i think there should be vtol engineer once again