*NEW* Host, lobby & password screenshots

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

*NEW* Host, lobby & password screenshots

Post by Buginator »

Step 0: Go here and configure your router / FW: http://www.portforward.com/
Then use http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to check if you did it right...

Step 1, you enter the passphrase that you want.
wz2100_shot_021.jpg
Step 2, after hitting the lock icon...
wz2100_shot_022.jpg
Step 3, now you press the start hosting button, and ...
wz2100_shot_023.jpg
Whoops! Open that new port up, and try again!
wz2100_shot_024.jpg
Good, and the lobby server now tells you hello. Now you can be sure the game can be seen by others.

For Joining, you enter the password *FIRST*, then join the game.
wz2100_shot_013.jpg
and it ends here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Passwords are now available

Post by Buginator »

And before you ask, no, we don't have modal dialog support, so that is why you must enter the password first.
and it ends here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

lobby.jpg
Yes, that is the lobby screen. Let's click on it!
connectionErr.jpg
D'oh! We can't connect to the lobby! [check ports/firewall, or perhaps the lobby server is just down]
Let's refresh...
NoGames.jpg
Argh! Well, we connected this time, but no games! :(

And this is what happens when you don't have the right game version:
wz2100_shot_WV.jpg
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Um... Port 9990? Why not just use port 2100? I thought 9990 was the lobby port, i.e. the port the lobby needs to have open, not the port we need to have open.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zarel wrote:Um... Port 9990? Why not just use port 2100? I thought 9990 was the lobby port, i.e. the port the lobby needs to have open, not the port we need to have open.
9990 IS the master server port. aka lobby port. If that isn't open, then you can't talk to the lobby server.

2100 is the game port.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:9990 IS the master server port. aka lobby port. If that isn't open, then you can't talk to the lobby server.

2100 is the game port.
Um... You don't need to open ports to communicate with servers using that port. Most people don't have port 80 open, and they can browse the Web just fine, right?
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

so 9990 has to be open in outgoing direction, right?

someone might have a firewall, that also restricts access on outgoing connections. for those are these information.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Zarel wrote: Um... You don't need to open ports to communicate with servers using that port. Most people don't have port 80 open, and they can browse the Web just fine, right?
It can still be blocked for outgoing connections. This is extremely common if you are behind a proxy. Some paranoid firewalls/sys admins block outgoing connection on all non-essential ports in order to order to block things such as worms and botnets -- which usually use higher numbered ports for communication. (Although saying that bots are increasingly using 80.)

Regards, Freddie.
echo-4-19
Greenhorn

Re: *NEW* Host, lobby & password screenshots

Post by echo-4-19 »

i am having problums with LAN games i have a laptop and a main computer both with warzone 2100 but when i host a game on one computer the other doesn't pick up the hosted game.

could you help me out here it's probubly somthing obvious.

I'm a big fan of Warzone 2100 got the Playstaition 1 version still play it from time to time but i got it on my pc's now :) thanks and this new verion 2.2 is great you guys have really outdone yourselves.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

echo-4-19 wrote:i am having problums with LAN games i have a laptop and a main computer both with warzone 2100 but when i host a game on one computer the other doesn't pick up the hosted game.

could you help me out here it's probubly somthing obvious.

I'm a big fan of Warzone 2100 got the Playstaition 1 version still play it from time to time but i got it on my pc's now :) thanks and this new verion 2.2 is great you guys have really outdone yourselves.
Read the FAQ: http://wz2100.net/faq#InternetLANmultiplayerdoesntwork
jonrio
Greenhorn

Post by jonrio »

why not make a server browser side application for it that way people can join and not get firewall problems instead of ports
echo-4-19
Greenhorn

Post by echo-4-19 »

yes i have read the FAQ and followed it the problum is that all my ports are OPEN and i have a 20mb connection with virgin broudband and the game still deosn't let me host.

I agree with the additition of a side menu to take the firewall/router issues away :|
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

jonrio wrote:why not make a server browser side application for it that way people can join and not get firewall problems instead of ports
I think I know what you're talking about here, and the problem is that it's too hard for us to do right now. Maybe later, when we have more developers.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

echo-4-19 wrote:yes i have read the FAQ and followed it the problum is that all my ports are OPEN and i have a 20mb connection with virgin broudband and the game still deosn't let me host.

I agree with the additition of a side menu to take the firewall/router issues away :|
Post the output from --debug net when you try to host.
and it ends here.