Besides the normal fixes, the biggest visual fix in this release is this,
Since there is some confusion on how to handle bug reports, I have decided to post this here (from http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/BugReporting):
= Bug Reporting =
Bugs are different kinds of errors and glitches that sometimes can even lead to crashes. Due to the limited resources of the Warzone 2100 Project not everything can be tested prior to release. In order to be able to fix those bugs we need you to report those bugs. For the bug reports to be the most helpful we put up this page as a guide to writing good bug reports.
== How to report bugs ==
- Use the [http://developer.wz2100.net/search search] to find out, if your bug has not been reported yet.
- If you did find it there and you have more information than was provided by the original reporter, add your information.
- If you did not find it, submit a new bug report here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
- Write something meaningful into the summary. Not just "I found a bug", but instead write "Crash when building units" (for example).
- Give a very detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. '''This is the most important information! '''
- If you are using the trunk version from Subversion, be sure to add the used revision, too.
- If you are using a version from a package repository, be sure to add information on the package.
- State which operating system and version of it you are running. This includes the service pack under Windows and the distribution on Linux.
- Information about the game options you chose and the drivers (video/audio) you use and your hardware is very useful to us.
- Additionally you could provide backtraces, logfiles, screenshots and other additional information you can get as an attachment. (Backtraces in pastebins ("nopaste") or on upload sites are ''NOT'' useful.)
- '''Savegames that can reproduce the issue are very much welcomed! ''' Package the savegamename.gam, savegamename.es (if exists), and everything in the savegamename folder as well in a zip file.
- If you can, please attach the crash mini dump file to your bug report. If you are using an executable you compiled yourself, please attach the executable as well, so that the developers can use it to extract information from the dump file.
- On Windows, you can find stderr.txt & warzone2100.RPT (crash dump file) is in the same directory as warzone2100.exe is in.
- On Linux. you can find the crash dump in /tmp.
As always, download from: http://wz2100.net/download
The changelog is:
2009-06-21: Version 2.2.1
Code: Select all
* General: * Change: No longer require space between rearm pads, allow dragging pad production with mouse, and droids may drive over inactive rearm pads (r7701, ticket:569) * Fix: Various crashes related to failing orders (r7699) * Fix: Show translations for finished research display (r7730) * Change: Add more information to the crash dump file (r7740, 7745) * Fix: Mac users can read in .wz files (r7754) * Fix: Experience speed adjustment happens after max speed limit; fix bug with speed calculation. (r7761) * Fix: Numerous issues with NTW mod (r7676-7677, r7713-7716) * Fix: fix to *never* control the transport in SP games. (really this time!) (r7776, ticket:568) * Change: Allow droids to grab artifacts and oil drums from up to 1 tile away (r7779) * Change: Bump up MAX_RESEARCH to 500 from 450. (r7774, ticket:599) * Fix: Make sure we take xOffset into account, we don't always start at 0 for the FMV text. (r7780, ticket:625) * Change: When host drops from the lobby, abort the game. (r7787 ticket:583) * Fix: Make sure either parameter isn't below the minimum screen res. that we support. (r7786) * Fix: Make sure we take xOffset into account, we don't always start at 0 for the FMV text. (r7780, ticket:625) * Fix: Clear the keyboard/mouse input on lost focus correctly. (r7797, ticket:515) * AI: * Fix: Resolve AI droid traffic jams by clearing orders and make jammed droids stop going for repair (r7700, ticket:597) * Campaign: * Fix: Flashing box around mission timer was too small, resulting in a graphics glitch. (r7672, ticket:596) * Translations: * Fix: Italian and Slovakian translations updated (r7769, ticket:621, r7772, ticket:615) * Build system: * Fix: Various build system issues (r7669, r7664, r7663, r7661, r7655, r7642, r7640) * Graphics: * Fix: No more ugly texture seams (r7718, r7724, r7757)