Professional

2.2.1 now out!

Post by Buginator »

Greetings everyone!

Besides the normal fixes, the biggest visual fix in this release is this,
wz2100_shot_068_s.jpg
to:
wz2100_shot_070_ns.jpg

Since there is some confusion on how to handle bug reports, I have decided to post this here (from http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/BugReporting):
= Bug Reporting =

Bugs are different kinds of errors and glitches that sometimes can even lead to crashes. Due to the limited resources of the Warzone 2100 Project not everything can be tested prior to release. In order to be able to fix those bugs we need you to report those bugs. For the bug reports to be the most helpful we put up this page as a guide to writing good bug reports.

== How to report bugs ==
  • Use the [http://developer.wz2100.net/search search] to find out, if your bug has not been reported yet.
  • If you did find it there and you have more information than was provided by the original reporter, add your information.
  • If you did not find it, submit a new bug report here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
  • Write something meaningful into the summary. Not just "I found a bug", but instead write "Crash when building units" (for example).
  • Give a very detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. '''This is the most important information! '''
  • If you are using the trunk version from Subversion, be sure to add the used revision, too.
  • If you are using a version from a package repository, be sure to add information on the package.
  • State which operating system and version of it you are running. This includes the service pack under Windows and the distribution on Linux.
  • Information about the game options you chose and the drivers (video/audio) you use and your hardware is very useful to us.
  • Additionally you could provide backtraces, logfiles, screenshots and other additional information you can get as an attachment. (Backtraces in pastebins ("nopaste") or on upload sites are ''NOT'' useful.)
  • '''Savegames that can reproduce the issue are very much welcomed! ''' Package the savegamename.gam, savegamename.es (if exists), and everything in the savegamename folder as well in a zip file.
  • If you can, please attach the crash mini dump file to your bug report. If you are using an executable you compiled yourself, please attach the executable as well, so that the developers can use it to extract information from the dump file.
  • On Windows, you can find stderr.txt & warzone2100.RPT (crash dump file) is in the same directory as warzone2100.exe is in.
  • On Linux. you can find the crash dump in /tmp.
Now that you know all this, use http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket to create a bug report!

Thanks!

As always, download from: http://wz2100.net/download

The changelog is:
2009-06-21: Version 2.2.1

Code: Select all

* General:
   * Change: No longer require space between rearm pads, allow dragging pad production with mouse, and droids may drive over inactive rearm pads (r7701, ticket:569)
   * Fix: Various crashes related to failing orders (r7699)
   * Fix: Show translations for finished research display (r7730)
   * Change: Add more information to the crash dump file (r7740, 7745)
   * Fix: Mac users can read in .wz files (r7754)
   * Fix: Experience speed adjustment happens after max speed limit; fix bug with speed calculation. (r7761)
   * Fix: Numerous issues with NTW mod (r7676-7677, r7713-7716)
   * Fix: fix to *never* control the transport in SP games. (really this time!) (r7776, ticket:568)
   * Change: Allow droids to grab artifacts and oil drums from up to 1 tile away  (r7779)
   * Change: Bump up MAX_RESEARCH to 500 from 450. (r7774, ticket:599)
   * Fix: Make sure we take xOffset into account, we don't always start at 0 for the FMV text. (r7780, ticket:625)
   * Change: When host drops from the lobby, abort the game. (r7787 ticket:583)
   * Fix: Make sure either parameter isn't below the minimum screen res. that we support. (r7786)
   * Fix: Make sure we take xOffset into account, we don't always start at 0 for the FMV text. (r7780, ticket:625)
   * Fix: Clear the keyboard/mouse input on lost focus correctly. (r7797, ticket:515) 
 * AI:
   * Fix: Resolve AI droid traffic jams by clearing orders and make jammed droids stop going for repair (r7700, ticket:597)
 * Campaign:
   * Fix: Flashing box around mission timer was too small, resulting in a graphics glitch. (r7672, ticket:596)
 * Translations:
   * Fix: Italian and Slovakian translations updated (r7769, ticket:621, r7772, ticket:615)
 * Build system:
   * Fix: Various build system issues (r7669, r7664, r7663, r7661, r7655, r7642, r7640)
 * Graphics:
   * Fix: No more ugly texture seams (r7718, r7724, r7757)
and it ends here.
JimPansen
Greenhorn

Re: 2.2.1 now out!

Post by JimPansen »

Compiles out of the box and seems to work flawlessly! :D

Thank you guys very much!
alienkid10
Trained
Trained

Post by alienkid10 »

Why does the installer ask if I want to play in Chinese(SP?) with NLS off?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

alienkid10 wrote:Why does the installer ask if I want to play in Chinese(SP?) with NLS off?
I was over-ruled for what I wanted to use...
Basically, if you want to use window fonts, then you must say yes to that question. This is so fontconfig can build a font cache from the windows folder, which can take a very, very long time on Vista on startup.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

...I still don't believe there isn't a better solution. Doesn't fontconfig let the user specify a fallback font?
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Excellent Work!

Welcome change for modders, are there enough research perequisites to cater for the increase?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Deathguise wrote:Excellent Work!

Welcome change for modders
Meh, if you guys actually bothered to figure out which research topics were blank (there are around 30 blank ones that should be replaced before you actually start adding new ones), you could replace those, but noooooooo. We have to increase the limit and make the game hog more memory.
Deathguise wrote: are there enough research perequisites to cater for the increase?
Unlike topics, prereqs don't need to be blanked, they can be removed directly. So there are around 50 free prereq slots.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

can i suggest something for oil drums?

well , i know there's a text showing how much you get, its good! but like new drums spawn randomly, difrent colours, giving difrent amount of oil
Example:
a golden drum will apear / spawn , rarely and gives 1.000power
Red drums give 200~300
Silver 500~700 and so on

( i had this idea when seeing the text above when picking up drums, and i thought "why always "100"?")
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Zarel wrote: Meh, if you guys actually bothered to figure out which research topics were blank (there are around 30 blank ones that should be replaced before you actually start adding new ones), you could replace those, but noooooooo. We have to increase the limit and make the game hog more memory.

Unlike topics, prereqs don't need to be blanked, they can be removed directly. So there are around 50 free prereq slots.
I play with a custom mod (heavily modified 1.10) that includes all the research topics that you trimmed with the defunct stuff(CAM1 Stuff Etc) replaced, so no some of us needed an increased research topic limit(a former goal of the wz:rp was to increase hardcoded limits of which the res limit was one of the most annoying).

I dont understand what is stopping you from removing now defunct topics it's easier to create a new res topic than using R-Cyborg-Wpn-MG for your twin heavy cannon or whatever.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Zarel wrote:make the game hog more memory.
2.2 uses ~66 MB of allocated memory, most of which is textures, afaics. On a 64 bit machine the size of research_stats is 184 bytes (could be reduced to 128 bytes by reordering its members, but Warzone probably won't like that...), _player_research is 8 bytes. The increase in memory usage due to this change is 184 * 50 + 8 * 8 * 50 (see researchInitVars()), so the increase in memory usage due to this change is 12400 bytes.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

I do not know what other modders would like but a minor increase would be enough for me, 50 is overkill, also 50's a bit much considering there's only around 50 free research perequisite there would be even less if various tech tree inconsistencies were fixed.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Deathguise wrote: I play with a custom mod (heavily modified 1.10) that includes all the research topics that you trimmed with the defunct stuff(CAM1 Stuff Etc) replaced, so no some of us needed an increased research topic limit(a former goal of the wz:rp was to increase hardcoded limits of which the res limit was one of the most annoying).

I dont understand what is stopping you from removing now defunct topics it's easier to create a new res topic than using R-Cyborg-Wpn-MG for your twin heavy cannon or whatever.
It breaks savegame compatibility (and also netcode compatibility).
cybersphinx wrote:2.2 uses ~66 MB of allocated memory, most of which is textures, afaics. On a 64 bit machine the size of research_stats is 184 bytes (could be reduced to 128 bytes by reordering its members, but Warzone probably won't like that...), _player_research is 8 bytes. The increase in memory usage due to this change is 184 * 50 + 8 * 8 * 50 (see researchInitVars()), so the increase in memory usage due to this change is 12400 bytes.
It was an exaggeration - I know increasing the limit of research is negligible. I'm more frustrated that I can't take out the defunct research topics. Heck, I can't even take out TUTMG because it breaks savegame compatibility, even though it was only intended to be used in the tutorial and fastplay (spoiler: it wasn't)! D:
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Zarel wrote:I know increasing the limit of research is negligible.
But not all those reading this topic. Since I was playing around with memory profiling a bit, I wanted to throw out some actual numbers both of Warzone's (absolute) memory usage, and the (relative) effect of this change.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

As I am only 1/2 way through the "new warzone guide", can I assume this version will be compatible with my current savegames?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

All 2.2.x releases are going to be savegame compatible for single player campaign. We will try hard to keep compatibility for skirmish games as well, but no guarantees.