Music Problems.

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: Music Problems.

Post by zydonk »

Buginator wrote: You are testing in game right?
er, yes...
Buginator wrote: The main menu music will not change, unless you have the exact same name that we use...
...which means?

It might be a good idea - if you have the time - to work up a list of what should be done in order to enjoy custom music with our WZ gaming.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

zydonk wrote:copy some ogg files (converted from MP3 by Jet Audio at 192Kbps) to mod/music folder;
copy installed wpl from installed folder to the mod/music folder;
amend wpl as appropriate;
start WZ, listen to your music - which of course is not happening.

yeah, because warzone is not looking inside the mods/music-folder for a wpl-file ;)

just tried, stderr than shows

Code: Select all

wz      |12:41:34: [PlayList_Read] Reading...[directory: (null)] music/music.wpl
error   |12:41:34: [PlayList_Read] PHYSFS_openRead("music/music.wpl") failed with error: File not found
and so does not play anything, not even the menu.ogg

to get your custom music ingame, just place all your music-files inside the music-folder (not the mod/music) and get all your files inside the "original" music.wpl, also inside the music-folder

so on my machine it is looking like this

track1.ogg
track2.ogg
KR-Collision-Course.ogg
KR-From-Below-v2.ogg
KR-Infiltrate.ogg
KR-Sniper-Time.ogg
Level2.ogg
Level15.ogg
when you're than starting the game, it is always playing the menu.ogg
starting a match starts playing the playlist, music.wpl

i hope i could help ;)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Thyranim wrote: yeah, because warzone is not looking inside the mods/music-folder for a wpl-file ;)

just tried, stderr than shows

wz      |12:41:34: [PlayList_Read] Reading...[directory: (null)] music/music.wpl
error   |12:41:34: [PlayList_Read] PHYSFS_openRead("music/music.wpl") failed with error: File not found
and so does not play anything, not even the menu.ogg

to get your custom music ingame, just place all your music-files inside the music-folder (not the mod/music) and get all your files inside the "original" music.wpl, also inside the music-folder
Erm... not quite.
mods/music is where you place the musicmod.wz file.
The musicmod.wz file must still have the correct paths.
(which would be music/music.wpl)

Here is a sample music mod, just drop it in mods/music, and you will notice the difference.
This is *with* the menu.ogg music in the playlist. It doesn't need to be in there, since it is hardcoded to check for music/menu.ogg
testPlaylistmusic.wz
(50.67 KiB) Downloaded 985 times
Hope that clears up the confusion.
Also note, no need to specify command line switches for this, just drop it in mods/music, and it will work.
and it ends here.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

ah, great
didn't know it has to be wz-file.
Working now :D thx

But perhaps found a problem...
when i'm leaving an empty music.wpl inside the wz/music-folder, than wz won't load and get's in an infinite loop when trying to load the files mentioned in the wpl-file (so trying to load nothing and then next after nothing...)
no crash!

debug output

--- Starting log ---
wz      |11:14:58: [SDL_main] Using language: 
wz      |11:14:58: [initialize_ConfigDir] Using custom configuration directory: .\
wz      |11:14:58: [initialize_ConfigDir] Write dir: .\
wz      |11:14:58: [initialize_ConfigDir] Base dir: D:\_Games\GPL\WarZone 2100\
wz      |11:14:58: [SDL_main] Warzone 2100 - Version 2.2.0
and the end

wz      |11:14:59: [PlayList_Read] Reading...[directory: .\] music/music.wpl
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Thyranim wrote:ah, great
Neither did I. Funny no one bothering to tell us that...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Thyranim wrote:ah, great
zydonk wrote: Neither did I. Funny no one bothering to tell us that...
Chalk it up to, my plate is too full, and the details slip my mind. :stressed:
and it ends here.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

nevermind, it's working now and that's the main thing :)
madrox8
New user

Post by madrox8 »

hmm before this post disapears forever on page 2 on this part of the forums i got one quick question.

how do i create a WZ file with the custom songs i wish to put into it? i had a goot list of 6 tracks of some of my personal music but i ddint know how to make it work in the mod/music folder, after reading this i now learned i need to make it a WZ file so how do i do it. :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

madrox8 wrote:how do i create a WZ file with the custom songs i wish to put into it? i had a goot list of 6 tracks of some of my personal music but i ddint know how to make it work in the mod/music folder, after reading this i now learned i need to make it a WZ file so how do i do it. :)
You turn on iTunes and keep it in the background while you play Warzone.

(Seriously, it's a lot easier than messing with .wz files. Right now, it's currently near impossible to use custom music in Warzone, so I don't recommend it.)
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

madrox8 wrote:hmm before this post disapears forever on page 2 on this part of the forums i got one quick question.

how do i create a WZ file with the custom songs i wish to put into it? i had a goot list of 6 tracks of some of my personal music but i ddint know how to make it work in the mod/music folder, after reading this i now learned i need to make it a WZ file so how do i do it. :)
Create a folder called "music".
put all your music files in this folder
create a file called "music.wpl" and list the filenames of your songs and put this file in this folder too
my file looks like this:

track1.ogg
track2.ogg
KR-Collision-Course.ogg
KR-From-Below-v2.ogg
KR-Infiltrate.ogg
KR-Sniper-Time.ogg
Level2.ogg
Level15.ogg
compress this music-folder to a zip-archive
rename the zip-file to a wz-file (it is really simply renamed) and put it in the mod/music-folder inside warzone
be sur that you are really changing the filename-extension. in windows you have to enable showing file-extensions before able to do this
done ;)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Any suggestions for what people want in a playlist, and how it should work (ie, what kind of features would you want)?
and it ends here.
Crushy
Trained
Trained

Post by Crushy »

Can we have dynamically loaded playlists? I might code it myself if anyone wants it :)

What I mean is, just place music in a Music folder and it gets autoloaded and played like the rest of the tracks. I think having music mods is a bit too complicated for such a trivial change.

Another idea (since I'm at it): Lots of games have combats "songs". When a gun is fired into an enemy it automaticaly fades the current soundtrack and plays a more sped up combat song. The best example I've seen is battle realms, where EVERY track had a "peace" and "war" version
Current status: Sick and Learning to model in blender. Failing at both.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

Crushy wrote:Another idea (since I'm at it): Lots of games have combats "songs". When a gun is fired into an enemy it automaticaly fades the current soundtrack and plays a more sped up combat song. The best example I've seen is battle realms, where EVERY track had a "peace" and "war" version
yes yes yes :D :D
like in Haegemonia or Space Empires V ...
settings-file from SE:V
Number of Title Songs := 2
Title Song 1 Filename := Space_Empires_V_Title_01.mp3
Title Song 2 Filename := Ascend_Intro.mp3
Number of Main Songs := 20
Main Song 1 Filename := Space_Empires_V_Main_01.mp3
Main Song 2 Filename := Space_Empires_V_Main_02.mp3
[...]
Main Song 19 Filename := Ascend_Theme03.mp3
Main Song 20 Filename := Ascend_Theme04.mp3
Number of Combat Songs := 6
Combat Song 1 Filename := Space_Empires_V_Combat_01.mp3
[...]
Combat Song 6 Filename := Ascend_Race17.mp3
Number of Finale Songs := 1
Finale Song 1 Filename := Space_Empires_V_Finale_01.mp3
Ascend-Files by old game "Ascendancy" ;)

i think it would by great to have a similar music-handling for warzone... so that music plays in the build-up-phase and music for the combat-phase...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Crushy wrote:Can we have dynamically loaded playlists? I might code it myself if anyone wants it :)

What I mean is, just place music in a Music folder and it gets autoloaded and played like the rest of the tracks. I think having music mods is a bit too complicated for such a trivial change.

Another idea (since I'm at it): Lots of games have combats "songs". When a gun is fired into an enemy it automaticaly fades the current soundtrack and plays a more sped up combat song. The best example I've seen is battle realms, where EVERY track had a "peace" and "war" version
Code away :)

I haven't had time to fix this yet...
and it ends here.