Warzone 2100 version 2.2.0 Final!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Warzone 2100 version 2.2.0 Final!

Post by Buginator »

It has been a long time coming, but we are finally able to bring you a version of Warzone 2100 that includes all the FMVs from the original game!

Please note, mod loading has been changed! See viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3088 for more information.

For the windows installer, you will be asked:
Do you wish to enable support for languages other than English, French, or German?
[Default is NO]

(NOTE: This will have a huge performance impact on Vista, on the first run of the program, while fontconfig builds the font cache if you answer yes.)
The reason for this is, we are using a custom font for fontconfig, called DejaVuSans.ttf. This font does not have all the characters for all languagues. That means, if you need to use another font, then fontconfig needs to build a font cache from the windows fonts directory in order to have a font that works with your language. The downside to that is, there is a huge performance impact on Vista, on the first run of the program, while fontconfig builds the font cache.

Also note, that this version of Warzone will also be the last version that supports older hardware. We do plan on having 2.2 as a LTS build though. (Long term support--we will try our best. :3 If you know other developers, tell them to join up!)

Here is the Changelog. For a full review of everything we have done, you must check the svn logs.

2009-05-31

General:
  • Fix: Tells user if mod entered on the command line / shorcut is enabled, or is invalid. Output is to stdout or stderr. (r7586)
  • Fix: Launching the game from installer now works (r7568 ticket:#364)
  • Fix: Angel missile no longer obsoletes long-range artillery, Ripple Rockets no longer autoupgrades to Archie, and Mortar Fast Loader requires Mortar Rapid Loader Mk3 (r7559, tickets:#533, #292, #398)
  • New: Add a new translation: zh_TW.po by chtsau (r7561, ticket:#239)
  • Change: Allow up to 36 savegame 'slots' (r7535)
  • Change: add 'mod/music' directory to be use for custom music. (r7557)
  • Fix: set the volume of the FMV based on the user's preferences (r7489, ticket:#526)
  • Fix: Check if the unit has weapons, before trying to see what weapons they have. (r7488, ticket:#523)
  • Change: remove 'autoload' handling. (r7474)
  • Fix: Fix windows crash dump output (r7473)
  • Fix: Fix handling of limbo & expand missions (r7454)
  • Change: Let players save games with Num-Enter as well as Return - should make it easier on international keyboards (r7412)
  • Change: translation of ru.po by Maxim (r7444, ticket:#347)
  • Fix: We now return the truncated string, instead of returning NULL if the string is too long. (r7426, ticket:#493)
  • Fix: pl.po file by Makary (r7423, ticket:#241)
  • New: Slovenian translation sl.po file by ThomasCarstein (r7422, ticket:#392)
  • Fix: pt_BR.po update by Tucalipe (r7421m ticket:#350)
  • Fix: Clear out old effects (prevents burning lasting between missions) (r7416)
  • Fix: Don't allow the transporter to be controlled in SP games. (r7414)
  • Fix: Remember player number and tech level for map selection screen (r7400)
Gameplay:
  • Fix: Make AI ignore hostile structures for path-finding when armed. (r7579)
  • Fix: Allow Fog mode to be set based on user preferences for campaign games. (r7597, ticket:#561)
  • Fix: Don't allow 2x the experience points in a campaign game, when this is reserved for MP games. (r7598, ticket:#562)
Graphics:
  • Fix: Fix issue with radar / mini-map. (r7458, ticket:#333)
  • Fix: Fix issue with radar / mini-map drawing objects outside its scope. (r7441)
  • Change: Better map previews (patch by Florian Schanda, color scheme by Zarel). (r7434)
Network:
  • Change: Increase timeout delay to 2500ms for dial-up modem users. (r7556, ticket:#543)
2009-05-10: Version 2.2_rc1

General:
  • New: Windows installer has option to download and install videos (enabled by default). (r7328)
  • Change: Windows installer no longer has any license agreements, since they are not EULAs. (r7328)
  • Change: Flash the intel button when we get new intel. (r7317)
  • Fix: Don't count cheated games as multiplayer wins and losses. (r7228)
  • Fix: Windows installer doesn't redownload the music mod if it's already installed. (r7328)
  • Fix: Let's not underflow a unsigned variable. (r7335)
  • Change: Remove 'grim' mod, since it is broken for 2.2 (r7385, r7386, ticket:#463)
  • Fix: NTW Mod 1.8.6b for 2.2 by Delphino (r7368, r7369)
Gameplay:
  • New: Repair facilities will repair nearby units if they don't have anything else to do. (r7234, patch #413)
  • Change: Multi-turret units have been removed due to graphics bugs. (r7274)
  • Fix: Trucks will never, ever, ever build on burning oil resources. Ever. Not even if you're an AI. (r7340)
  • Fix: Droids with Fire-At-Will will fire upon anything within range. (r7234, patch #413)
  • Fix: Pretty much every known bug involving repair facilities have been fixed. (r7234)
  • Fix: Trucks will not help enemies build structures. (r7234, patch #413)
  • Fix: Multi-turret units will always shoot with both weapons. (r7261)
  • Fix: Target prediction works correctly again. (r7279, r7383, ticket:#374)
GUI:
  • Fix: Interface no longer disappears for a few seconds when someone changes team/color/location/readiness in multiplayer staging area. (r7259)
  • Change: Add new icons for when player leaves or gets disconnected. Icons by Zarel. (r7373, ticket:#274)
Graphics:
  • Change: Do not use texture compression for interface textures. (r7348)
  • Change: Scale down textures used for 3D when they exceed the size specified with the textureSize option (r7347)
Network:
  • Fix / Change: Modify the server & client code to detect when the Host can't host a game, Change how 'addg' works + other enhancements (r7325)
  • Change: Use a more descriptive error message instead of the worthless SDLnet message. (r7344)
2009-05-01: Version 2.2_beta2

General:
  • New: Add radar detector turret. It will detect and target enemy sensors up to twice their range (r6955, ticket:#340)
  • Fix: Crash when a person aborts multiplayer early then tries to start single-player (r6991)
  • Change: No longer requires the texture rectangle OpenGL extension to play video (r7022)
  • Change: F10 is now always the screenshot key (r6993)
  • Change: New config directory (r6995)
Network:
  • Add: Version checking added of connecting clients (r6992)
  • Change: Game now runs on port 2100, and lobby port is now 9990 (r6994)
  • Change: Games can now be password protected (r7078)
2009-04-01: Version 2.2_beta1

General:
  • New: Multi-threaded path-finding should make path-finding much faster (r5735, patch #1064)
  • New: Original sound tracks added (r5261)
  • New: Playing of Ogg Theora full motion videos are now supported (r6119, ticket:#64, ticket:#46)
  • New: Fonts are now configurable (r5841, patch #1095)
  • Fix: Clean up input stream after saving a save game, to prevent it from going into chat mode.
Graphics:
  • Change: The skybox texture is now more easily moddable.
  • Fix: The map is now properly capped on the edges.
  • Fix: The "deity" cheat now correctly shows the area that was cheated visible.
  • Fix: The background in the loading screen no longer flickers.
GUI:
  • New: Add mouse menu option.
  • New: Add ability to toggle between hardware (SDL) and software (colored) cursors, in new mouse menu option.
  • New: The radar minimap now shows the entire map, can be scaled and rotate to ease navigation (r5266, patch #969, r6410)
Commandline options:
  • New: Use --join <host> to join into a game lobby directly from the commandline.
  • New: Add a --host option (to compliment the --join option), so you can create games via an external program. It takes you directly to the host screen.
  • Fix: Difficulty now works when you start the campaign with the --game parameter.
  • Fix: --nosound works correctly with videos now.
Gameplay:
  • New: Make repair facilities that are close to each other share the workload if one is overloaded and others are out of work.
  • Change: Allow VTOLs to uncover fog of war and land-move to unseen areas in distance fog mode.
  • Change: Remove limitation that VTOLs cannot pass over tall cliffs, and allow that VTOLs to fly over anything to rearm.
  • Fix: Restrict direct fire to weapons range only instead of minimum of sensor range and weapon range.
AI:
  • Fix: Allow a droid to pick a new target while auto-repairing. (ticket:#35, bug #12217)
  • Fix: Improve targetting AI so that it does not select bad targets, and make it use full weapon range instead of limited to sensor range. (ticket:#97)
  • Fix: Fix AI bug that made it build on burning oil derricks (r5883, patch #1096)
Buildsystem:
  • Fix: Only compile the translations when $(TRANSLATION) is "yes". (ticket:#130)
  • Change: Former "raw" Makefiles are now used for Windows only and thus named makefile.win32
Tools:
  • New: OBJ to PIE format converter (r5774)
Map: Engine:
  • New: Support for naval propulsion type (r5803)
and it ends here.
darksoul
New user

Re: Warzone 2100 version 2.2.0 Final!

Post by darksoul »

downloaded the windows version of 2.2 right now, played on 7 64 bit and the game runs really fine even the movies. Great work guys, thank you all for still developing this awesome game! :D
Revelo
Trained
Trained

Post by Revelo »

darksoul wrote:downloaded the windows version of 2.2 right now, played on 7 64 bit and the game runs really fine even the movies. Great work guys, thank you all for still developing this awesome game! :D
Yes, thank you so much. I was really enjoying 2.2 Rc 1 so this is only going to keep getting better :D

I won't lose my saved games? Right? Silly question i know but I just want to make sure.
Read my review of Warzone 2100 here!
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.115500
Solaris
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Solaris »

Awesome game, awesome team! Great job with this release to all the developers of Warzone 2100. THIS GAME ROCKS!!!

PS: This is also my favorite game! Keep up the good AMAZING work!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Damn it. Neuralize's icons didn't make it in! D:

Well, 2.2.1 will have new icons, everyone! :D
heatwave
Trained
Trained

Post by heatwave »

Zarel wrote:Damn it. Neuralize's icons didn't make it in! D:

Shame. Ah well, next time's good enough for me.
Eagerly awaiting the mac version, by the way.
Violin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Violin »

That's cool! You guys are always great! Thanks!!!
谁言别后终无悔,
寒月清宵绮梦回。
深知身在情长在,
前尘不共彩云飞。
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Zarel wrote:Damn it. Neuralize's icons didn't make it in! D:

Hmm. Actually, Neuralize's icons did make it in. Buggy and I are just really bad at communicating with each other. :P
scippio
New user

Post by scippio »

Hmm I have problem to compile new release :(

Code: Select all

make[4]: Entering directory `/home/scippio/pkgbuilds/warzone/src/warzone2100-2.2.0/lib/framework'
gcc -std=gnu99 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../..  -DYY_NO_INPUT -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL    -DDEBUG -DDATADIR="\"/usr/share/warzone2100\"" -DLOCALEDIR="\"/usr/share/locale\"" -I../..  -O0 -g -Wall -Werror -Wno-unused-label -Wno-pointer-to-int-cast -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-declarations -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-format-security -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -MT resource_lexer.lex.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/resource_lexer.lex.Tpo -c -o resource_lexer.lex.o resource_lexer.lex.c
In file included from ../../lib/framework/wzglobal.h:32,
                 from ../../lib/framework/frame.h:26,
                 from resource_lexer.l:26:
../../config.h:132:1: error: "_XOPEN_SOURCE" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
                 from resource_lexer.lex.c:39:
/usr/include/features.h:160:1: error: this is the location of the previous definition
make[4]: *** [resource_lexer.lex.o] Error 1

stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Try running ./configure with --enable-debug=relaxed
scippio
New user

Post by scippio »

I comment this line: config.h:132 and all is ok now :)
w8nq7HQ4Ph
New user

Post by w8nq7HQ4Ph »

I have Norton Internet Security 2009 installed. During the 2.2 installer, it prompted me when the installer attempted to make the connection for the videos. I wasn't fast enough when I finally authorized the connection. The installer reported a timeout and failed to install the videos.

Is there anyway to install the videos independently in this situation?

Thanks

Peter
Peter
erlando
Translator

Post by erlando »

i have problem when i try to host game in multiplayer. When i start hosting game, i get system message: Error while registreing game with the lobby server: is port 2100 open? Because of this, i think nobody can´t see my game. I dont now whats the problem is because ports 2100 and 9990 were open? i have noidea could i see other players games because i havent seen none but i´m playing v2.2 for the fist day and maybe no1 has playing it when i tryed to do it.
Thanks for all help,
Ernie

Sorry for bad english
erlando
xfire-erni11
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

All hail v220, very smooth operation. One suggestion for improvement: The new rotating radar map is a nice touch. Perhaps the North side should be marked in some way? Keep us from getting into a spin when busy. Of course, this suggestion is in addition to the one concerning change of colour from red to orange in the notification panel.

byeeeee
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

w8nq7HQ4Ph wrote:I have Norton Internet Security 2009 installed. During the 2.2 installer, it prompted me when the installer attempted to make the connection for the videos. I wasn't fast enough when I finally authorized the connection. The installer reported a timeout and failed to install the videos.

Is there anyway to install the videos independently in this situation?

Thanks

Peter
On the download page, there's a download for sequences.wz, which you can grab and place in Program Files/Warzone 2100/.