The bad twin turrets for big bodies are inside again

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

The bad twin turrets for big bodies are inside again

Post by Omikronman »

I used the 2.2. beta 2 yesterday and I was surprised to see that bad working twin turrets for the big bodies are in Warzone again.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The bad twin turrets for big bodies are inside again

Post by Mysteryem »

Omikronman wrote:I used the 2.2. beta 2 yesterday and I was surprised to see that bad working twin turrets for the big bodies are in Warzone again.
What's wrong with them? (other than being a bit buggy) It is a beta after all. :|
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

There were a lot of issues with the twin turrets, and in fact of this the warzone resurrection team decided to remove this "feature". Maybe they have forgotten to remove it in the 2.x.x version too.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Omikronman wrote:There were a lot of issues with the twin turrets, and in fact of this the warzone resurrection team decided to remove this "feature". Maybe they have forgotten to remove it in the 2.x.x version too.
No, they were just removed from default 2.1 settings because they were too unstable.

I've fixed nearly all the issues with multiple turrets for 2.2 beta 3 and future versions (as well as all the issues with a lot of other things, including Repair Facility).
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

Hey, Zarel, I know why these double turret tanks have so big problems. The gun-man inside the tank can not look outside the tank because the second turret blocks the window. :-(

Well, maybe he gets a new technology to be able to look outside with that bad-looking second turret on the front of the body, but, let me say, This double turret "feature" looks so BAD, it should not be implemented in the game in this way!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Omikronman wrote:Hey, Zarel, I know why these double turret tanks have so big problems. The gun-man inside the tank can not look outside the tank because the second turret blocks the window. :-(

Well, maybe he gets a new technology to be able to look outside with that bad-looking second turret on the front of the body, but, let me say, This double turret "feature" looks so BAD, it should not be implemented in the game in this way!
You'll have to tell me what's so bad about it.

It seems okay to me. Don't talk to me about bugs, since those have been fixed.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Yeah, certain combination of turrets can really make it look pretty ugly.

Might just have to disable for 2.2 (for now), and when a good fix comes along, re-enable it.
and it ends here.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Unless every possible combination looks reasonable (so no clipping) it is unlikely that they will be enabled. It just looks silly otherwise.

Regards, Freddie.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

EvilGuru wrote:Unless every possible combination looks reasonable (so no clipping) it is unlikely that they will be enabled. It just looks silly otherwise.

Regards, Freddie.
Um... So I'm guessing I should turn them off again? :[

But there are so many people who like them, and I just finished fixing all the gameplay bugs!
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

They can re-enable them using a mod if the want them. However, so long as there are graphical glitches they are not production-ready. I am sure we'll find some other uses for the code.

Regards, Freddie.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

I don't (graphically/aesthetically) see the multi turrets as much worse that certain weapon or even body+prop combos in the regular game...
Pretty much every medium body VTOL looks ugly.
Pretty much every big weapon mounted on a light body looks ugly or stupid.....

Some of the positions of the 2nd turret could be adjusted a little more, but I think they should stay...
I almost always add at least an MG to my pythons - 10 extra power, but 10% more HP (if I am going with lancers), and aesthetically I think it looks good - dual Heavy cannons- look ridiculous.
If the 2nd turret could only mount certain weapons, I think that would be ideal...
alienkid10
Trained
Trained

Post by alienkid10 »

keep double turrets in 2.2 final!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

alienkid10 wrote:keep double turrets in 2.2 final!
99.9% chance of that, is just not going to happen. :stare:
3drts wrote:I don't (graphically/aesthetically) see the multi turrets as much worse that certain weapon or even body+prop combos in the regular game...
Pretty much every medium body VTOL looks ugly.
Pretty much every big weapon mounted on a light body looks ugly or stupid.....

Some of the positions of the 2nd turret could be adjusted a little more, but I think they should stay...
I almost always add at least an MG to my pythons - 10 extra power, but 10% more HP (if I am going with lancers), and aesthetically I think it looks good - dual Heavy cannons- look ridiculous.
If the 2nd turret could only mount certain weapons, I think that would be ideal...
When the weapons clip into each other, then we got some big ugly issues.
This isn't a simple fix either, or it would have been fixed.
and it ends here.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Why to put 2 turrets on 1 body on 1 propulsion?
You should put 2 bodies on 1 propulsion and each body with 1(...or 2...) turret.
alienkid10
Trained
Trained

Post by alienkid10 »

how do you put two turrets on atm anyway?(python body)