new headquarters and modeling - all here now.

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Re: new headquarters and modeling - all here now.

Post by ratarf »

Good job, looks great!
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

DevUrandom wrote: Don't forget to leave us the meshfiles when you think you are finished, as we currently don't have an exporter to the PIE format. :)
I don't think I understand what you mean by 'mesh files.'
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Well, you created models, also called meshes. And the files which contain them, in Blender, 3DSMax or Maya format, would be what we needed. So not that you silently pass away and we stand there with nice pictures of awesome models, but have no chance to ever get the actual files.
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

Oh. What format do we want them in, then? I'll upload with that. Also, do we want each piece individually?

Like, if so, I would only be uploading one body at a time?

Or would all of them at once work?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Really doesn't matter to me... If you created the models in Blender (I think you did, didn't you?) then you can safely upload it in that format.
You can put them all into one zipfile. One body per modelfile would be nice, though.
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

No, no, I made them in Rhino. (I prefer Rhino over Blender, it can do more, and it's easier to use.) I can export in all the formats that Blender can, though, so it doesn't matter which I use.
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

may I suggest using AC3D format, or .ac files to store the mesh's for now.  Untill we get an export script to convert to the updated pie files...

Blender already has a .pie import script....  its nice, kinda to look at the old models in all there blockyness.
System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

Cool, that works. Here they are:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

rush2049 wrote:Blender already has a .pie import script....  its nice, kinda to look at the old models in all there blockyness.
Sou yoou have a PIE import script for Blender that works? Can you post that here please?

Oh, and as for a model format, COLLADA is supposed to be an interchange format, don't know if it can do anything AC3D can't though.
We want information... information... information.
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Hmm... AC3D seems pretty simple... I might be tempted to have a stab at prototyping some converter'ish thingy over the weekend. And on that note; I wrote a PIE file manipulation API in Java a while back - does anybody know where the source, or even a compiled .jar file is to be found? lav_coyote? Anyone?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

where did you post it karma?
if its anywhere it MAY be on the rts site... i will have a look in my "archives" ::)  approximate when did you do this?
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Um... I think it at some point got uploaded to the berlios file server, not sure though... Cranphin used it in the later versions of his pie file viewer app, which I don't have either.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

;D hmmm is this the right thing?
Attachments
PieViewer.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 342 times
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

I believe this is the import script that I aquired, who knows where....

it can import the .pie files, but cannot export anything, and also it only supports the resolution of the pie files we have now....  (to be changed later)
Attachments

System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

rush2049 wrote: I believe this is the import script that I aquired, who knows where....

it can import the .pie files, but cannot export anything, and also it only supports the resolution of the pie files we have now....  (to be changed later)

I looked at the file,it seems the import script is intergrated into blender(import 'Blender' and calls blender functions directly via python),so it will be very hard to modify or reverse the procedure in this script to make export script.

I think a hacky script/converter that is independent from blender might be a better approach for exporting blender model to pie if both formats are 'plain text'(pie is plain text not sure about blender's),but unfortunately I am not familiar with both formats...
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.