Tank Killer not shooting downwards?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
sph
New user

Tank Killer not shooting downwards?

Post by sph »

Hey

I've been playing Warzone for a while now, I love that game and you've been doing a great job so far. But there's this one issue which makes it insanely hard to finish the campaigns: for some reason tank killers can't shoot to objects downhill. They just aim and hold their fire. This is a bit of a problem when you just upgraded your lancer army ;)

This is happening on version 2.1 r0 though, unfortunately Fedora doesn't have any newer packages yet, but I couldn't find any reports on the site here and I don't recall it happening in the older versions.
Bob Loblaw
Greenhorn

Re: Tank Killer not shooting downwards?

Post by Bob Loblaw »

I can confirm this. Too often they sit there not firing when a target is at the bottom of a slope. I have to move them around as they are being fired upon.
J_J
Rookie
Rookie

Post by J_J »

I have also had this problem not only with a lancer army but with my other units as well...they would just sit there while being fired upon and i literally had to move them closer to the enemy unit or retreat because they were on strike or something like that...stupid tanks
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

some where in the code there is a few lines dealing with negatives... ie: shooting down from heights. perhaps one of the devs altered this? dunno. :)
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

where do units see from?
the turret, or the ground?
if their line of sight is judged from ground level, that would affect whether the tank on top of the hill, thought it could see the enemy or not.
armigus
Greenhorn

Post by armigus »

I'm seeing this problem with other weapons also, including the machine gun in Alpha 1 when firing on the shorter scavengers.